Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

Addiction is a direct result of anxiety and depression and chronic stress.

Depression is the brain's runaway stress response.

For the ancient Greeks = Act Right Think Right were the keys for overall well-being. Plato and Pythagoras had an ancient Greek Rx for health and happiness.

Chronic stress is not a part of that cure.

The Greeks were/are all about understanding the true nature of reality beyond our 5 senses.

The Greek Rx was not about words, words, words but  they were tuning people in like a musical instrument or a radio.

Fine tuning those with delicate health conditions in to the right station.  Proper tuning into the Universe.

Oooo, Felicias. We've lost so much of that ancient techology and medicine.  How long has this been going on?

For eons and eons of generations. The first earth age was brilliant and I've been hoping we would catch UP in my lifetime. 

The Greeks would fine tune someone into healing and their greater purpose for living. You've got to find the greater purpose for caring about yourself.

Just going through the motions, even with a Whole 30 won't fix your relationship with food.

You have got to engage your brain along with the Whole30 protocol or you're just blowing smoke.  Your body and brain will be right back in the driver's seat.

Driving you with chronic stress, anxiety, depression or more imaginary thinking that more dieting will change your relationship with food.  It won't fix anything.

Pythagoras believed the Universe was alive with vibrations and that humans could be tuned in with the rhythm. A man after my own heart.

Pythagoras used music and vibration to assist others with healing.   Re-tuning themselves.

He believed that the mind/body connection is an instrument. Pythagoras treated everyone accordingly.

We've lost that.  That lovin' feeling

and getting in touch with the music of the Universe. 

Music is healing. The Greeks knew it.  I know it. It's a huge part of my positive food management plan and pathway to healing from food addiction.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ancient Greek health tip.

Metabolic Syndrome. Seeee, I didn't forget it.

Chronic dieters and lovers of food rewards are at a much higher risk of metabolic syndrome.

That's a total cluster. :P 

A cluster of risk factors that include hypertension, belly fat, high glucose from way too many insulin excursions.

The ancient Greeks and modern day Greeks have always known that just 2 tablespoons a day of EVOO is enough to lower glucose levels, blood pressure and inflammation.

2 tablespoons a day of EVOO helps your satiety levels. 

If you have habitually pushed past your satiety levels for so long now, you've lost touch with your body cues.

Ancient Greek tonic for your face and skin

EVOO with a squeeze of fresh lemon. Apply to your face to remove brown spots caused by too much time suntanning your face. If they don't look good, you'll have to go to the doctor and have them lopped off.  Whack-a-mole.

Gopher-on-a-Golf-Ball--64925.jpg

Got broken satiety cues?

The Dutch have discovered that strong tastes energize the hypothalamus. The appetite control center is located in the brain, the region that says you really are full.

If you are a binge or thrill eater, that center is always in the ON position. Planning, waiting for and always wanting to eat all the things.

Adding spicy heat, strong flavors like lemon juice, fresh ginger, turmeric, fresh ground pepper helps to awaken and heal your broken satiety vs. hunger cues.

Strong flavors with a lot of a variety for the big WIN.

Ancient Greek EVOO.

The French studied 2000 adults who consumed EVOO and found that they had the fewest wrinkles, least amount of brown spots, and sagging skin. Skin that looks like a pair of old leathered saddle-bags for a Harley.

940861cedba8063277ab0f2c57212f12.jpg

Take the sag out of your bags.

1948-Harley-Davidson-Panhead-2.jpg

Ancient Greek tip for nuts.

Eat 14 nuts before a meal if you're beyond hungry, letting yourself go too long between meals.

Nuts rev and increase your production of appetite taming hormone glucagon. They contain copper, manganese, molybdenum and minerals.

You choose and you decide. I don't have gut disruption issues with nuts but your mileage may vary.

Food Freedom Forever

Peace Out.

There are two types of pain. One that hurts you and one that changes you.

This is an emotional masterpiece.

"I had so many people come up to me and say that they felt it was their song and someone told me at one point that they thought I’ve been reading their mail, they were saying “You seem to know my story” and people would come up and tell me about a car relationship and some detail that they felt was in the song that represented something that happened in their lives.” Tracy Chapman

I value the state that words or music puts me in.

I see this song as hopeful. If you're going through hail, keep on going. Don't slow down.  

Gut bombs vs. Fat bombs

Paw and his brothers used to go through the drive-thru and ask for a couple of gut bombs with a side of fries. They would laugh like hyenas when they were together. Throw their heads back, show their teeth and laugh so hard that it was more than contagious.

How I loved seeing them laugh together. These men knew hard times. They grew up without parents (deceased), bummed around the country together, slept under trees with a loaf of bread and roll of bologna.  Hard times. They actually went days and days without food and had rickets as children. They all served in the military when they were of age.

Paw was grateful and appreciative of everything. He knew that good food was very important for healing. He wasn't a drinker. Not one drop. No one in my family drinks.  I like that and I'm proud of it.

There are peoples that do not handle alcohol. At all. It's genetic.

Gut bombs vs. fat bombs. I'm going to make some fat bombs but not for a SWYPO dessert recreation.

These will have coconut oil and Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. I will add my  flavonoids from Italy, Tanto Amore, and they will be wonderful for hunting, fishing and while hiking in grizzly country.

I'm using flavonoids as a rebound weight gain preventative. Diogenes style.  

I bought some silicone mold trays with lids that will be just right. Each one holds a tablespoon.

These trays are great for bone broth, pesto, any kind of sauce that you can freeze for individual servings.

Bear and his BFF's have a hunting license, they will be UP around 12-14,000 feet. They won't be able to carry alot of food on their backs and I think these fat bombs will be just the ticket for their energy needs. I will be testing them and tweaking the recipe.53498_1__78296.1458314126.jpg?c=2

After taking it back outside, I just finished UP with the gut bombs. I think they'll be very good. Tasteless, really. No artificial sweetners or sugars. Coconut oil, KGButter, Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides and lemony flavonoids. Tanto Amore. I have some organic wild orange and grapefruit flavonoids, too. They're more like an essential oil but different. 

You should not eat essential oils even if they say they are therapeutic grade. Therapeutic grade does not mean they should be consumed. They need to be "food grade" safe and those are very, very difficult to come by.  I had to order them from Italy.

I don't want to send my silicone trays off to the mountaintops, so I'm thinking I'll wrap each one individually. Preventing them from melting into a pile will take some more thought. I'm planning to send frozen bone broth cubes, too.

"Fast Car" was running through my head while I was hiking the ridge and taking a trip down memory lane. Remembering Paw and his brothers' laughter.

Got a sense of humor? You'd better get one and hone in on the happy, healing times. Humor is healing.

People have asked me, do you feel your Paw around. Absolutely. Not.  I don't want to either.

I've only had a small window one morning while I was waking UP.  His face flashed into my mind's eye, spirit and he was smiling from ear to ear. Happy. Healed. Alive and vibrant. He didn't say anything. It was confirmation that all of the pain and sickness is behind him now. He's happy and I believe he's back with his brothers and they're having a big ole time together again.  Laughing like hyenas, enjoying the peace and comfort of being together. Again.

No starvation or lack. No pain or war. No sickness or disease. Peace and comfort and joy.

For Maw and the rest of my folkaronies, joy comes with the morning. Weeping may last for a night but joy comes in the morning.  It does, too.

Legend has it that there were prisoners of war who played inner golf to maintain their mental well-being while surviving in a prison camp.  We are bent on survival.

Olympic athletes mentally practice their dives, swimming, skiing, skating, jumping, running and lifting. They hone their skills with practice, practice, practice.

Replacing old destructive eating habits with positive ones just takes practice. These behaviors are not difficult to adopt. They will take time and 30 days is often not enough.

When you have the equipment and tools you need - new cognitive behaviors  - they will give you confidence.

Thoughts always precede behaviors. Always.

Destructive thought patterns lead to undereating, overrestriction or overeating choices.

If during the 30 days, you consistently have a sense of unfairness and self-pity...others can eat whatever they want and why me, me, me?

Just remember.  Your tolerance and indifference for cravings and destructive food triggers is a muscle that will grow stronger with use.

Muscle memory.

Everything old becomes new again.

But no one wants a relapse with rebound weight gain coming right back to your doorstep.

“If part of your immune response is always allocated to repairing gut irritation, you are essentially sick all the time.”  - Robb Wolf

Be your own pile driver. Hit it 3 times with a tremendous whack.

Change your gut and you can change your life.

If you are in a constant state of gut irritation and repair...Felicias, you can't blast fat until you have a great gut.  Truth.

Until you have a healthy gut which is vital for a healthy metabolism you can't blast the fat off. You can only blast through the fat with a great gut.  TRUTH

You can put yourself through the paces of every dieting hack in the dieting and paleo communties but until your gut is healed, you ain't gettin' nowhere. 

Got metabolic syndrome? Your belly fat is in a state of sickness. That belly fat is the unhealthiest kind of fat because it's a direct reflection of the sickness going on in the gut.  70% of your immune system is located in the gut.

Chronic stress is the greatest gut disruptor of them all.

If you can't digest your food and your gut is constantly irritated, you are not healed.

Throw yourself wildly into another dieting and food hack, those stress hormones will promote more fat storage.

Want the "side effects of weight loss" more than you want anything else? Well, you can't have it until you repair your gut.

Without gut health, that 8-10 lbs you just hacked off will come right back with friends. Your metabolism is not healed. You gutted it out and dialed it down with overrestriction and self-induced starvation until your body gave in and you lost that weight which is mainly in the form of muscle mass.

Now the relapse and the rebound will come back all in the form of unhealthy fat for the belly, the fat that is filled with more metabolic sickness.  A total cluster.

I was blowin' and crowin' like a freight train and the power blew out. Hi-larious. Too much TNT.

Metabolic Sickness:

You blast fat with a great and healthy gut.

Number One

Remove the stress, stress less and you can turn your metabolism thermostat UP to a rolling boil, start your engine by eating the food you need to rev it up and torch off the fat.

This is not happening overnight if you have metabolic sickness. It took me well over a year or more to heal my gut.

Stress hormones promote fat storage.

Stress hormones will tank a metabolism.

Remove as many of the self-induced stressors as you can. Putting yourself through the paces and driving yourself into the ground won't fix metabolic sickness.

Eventually, you and your gut are essentially sick all of the time. It's time to face the hard, cold truth.

Got restorative sleep?

Your body repairs muscles and releases hormones that keep your metabolism running.

Fit in naps. Many naps every week have been shown to repair your metabolism UP by 20% every day.

Prison Food Menu or Food Freedom Forever

When your gut is healed you won't have foods that are constant gut disruptors that you have to avoid each and every day for years on end.

You will be able to live and enjoy actual food freedom with the greatest variety of whole foods.

Change your gut and change your life.

Until you repair your gut health, hacking your food and dialing it down with 30 days of cold potatoes or 30 days of gluten free paleo desserts won't fix it.

Cool carbs are nice. Resistant starch triggers biochemical changes that lower fat-storing hormones and increase your metabolism. Sure.

But even black coffee can trigger more metabolic syndrome and belly sickness when you drink it on an empty stomach because it increases stress hormones that slow the metabolism. 

If you don't have metabolic sickness/syndrome or diabetes then your FFF will look vary from mine. 

Healthy gut bacteria produces SCFA's. Short-term fatty acids.  These are found in fermented foods and Kombucha.  They are also found in high-fiber plant food and this includes berries. Take your probiotics,too.

Stress is the biggest gut disruptor. The  Daddy of them all.

cfd+sign.jpg

So don't worry about the side effects of weight loss until you repair your gut.  Rebound will be found if you try to fast track weight loss.

Your gut will only accommodate the level of wellness that you're putting it through.  You can't heal while trying to lose weight at the same time.

It's a disconnect for the brain and the body.

I eat everything on the W30 Shopping List. Heckatoot, yessss.

You know why? Because I don't have gut issues and mentally giving myself permission to eat any whole food in the world is true freedom for me.

HFCS and gummy bears aren't even real foods. Death from lack of gummy bears and cheetos seems highly unlikely.  So Yay You!

I didn't develop a food addiction from eating fruit. I've never been on a fruit and nut bender in my entire lifetime. 

Not one time while I was in full blown food addiction did I ask myself if I wanted some fruit. Never.

Fruit was way too sour and gummy bears were fruity enough for me.  Fruit didn't get me into T2 metabolic sickness. Oooooo, Felicias.

Nuts? Those didn't get me there either.  I was all about the really artificial and highly engineered to be craved foods. Those are the substances that got me there, sitting in the doctor's office.

If it's on the W30 Shopping List, it's a whole food. I will eat anything I want from that list.  Not one of them is going to drive me back into bowls made out of bread, bread bread, cornbread, stale bread because it reminds me of croutons.

Whole foods don't trigger a bunch of secret eating. That's a WIN. 

Prison Food Menu: It has no sparkle or allure. Eating from the prison food menu will trigger more binge eating. We have to create our own positive food management plan - finding what works for each of us.

Mine includes 14 nuts now and again. Berries and fruit that are always, always eaten with a protein and everything else that's whole.  That's everything in a nutshell and not the whole bushel. 

That is all. 

Tanto Amore. Much Love.

Got metabolic sickness/syndrome?

Then you probably have lower muscle mass even if you're working out consistently just as fast as you can go...increasing stress which is the greatest gut disruptor of all.

It is a delicate balancing act to achieve more muscle mass while releasing weight.

"If part of your immune response is always allocated to repairing gut irritation, you are essentially sick all of the time." Robb Wolf

"A substantial proportion of MetS cases would have been theoretically prevented if prior exposure to low muscle mass and strength were eradicated (PAR% ranged from 14% to 24%). Findings indicate that insulin resistance is a central abnormality in the MetS and that muscle mass and strength are strong protective factors independent of insulin resistance and abdominal fat accumulation. If confirmed prospectively, increases in muscle mass and strength needed to prevent a substantial proportion of MetS cases would be achievable with a short-term strength training intervention."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19394973

Metabolic sickness with a broken immune system in the gut, working out like you're training for an imaginary Olympic event is not a pathway to healing.

Until you  go down and pull the roots of the sickness out, you are  digging a much deeper hole for yourself. Eventually, your body will knock some horse sense right into you. 

It will  no longer operate on high gear or manage the chronic stress.

"The metabolic syndrome (MetS) is a clustering of individual cardiovascular disease risk factors, which doubles the risk of early mortality."

They say for the first time but there's nothing new under the sun. We've probably been here before in a prior age.

But we're here NOW.

"For the first time in human history, the number of obese people worldwide now exceeds those who are underweight.

There is an even more serious problem-an overfat pandemic comprised of people who exhibit metabolic health impairments associated with excess fat mass relative to lean body mass.

Many overfat individuals, however, are not necessarily classified clinically as overweight or obese, despite the common use of body mass index as the clinical classifier of obesity and overweight. The well-documented obesity epidemic may merely be the tip of the overfat iceberg.

The counterpart to the overfat condition is the underfat state, also a common and dangerous health circumstance associated with chronic illness and starvation. Currently (and paradoxically), high rates of obesity and overweight development coexist with undernutrition in developing countries. Studies in cognitive linguistics suggest that accurate, useful, and unintimidating terminology regarding abnormal body fat conditions could help increase a person's awareness of their situation, helping the process of implementing prevention and simple remedies. Our contention is that promoting the terms "overfat" and "underfat" to describe body composition states to the point where they enter into common usage may help in creating substantive improvements in world health."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28097119

Archived