Coffee with coconut milk

whole30mb

A "serving" of coconut milk (according to the template) is a fair amount (I think 1/4 can?), so I'd just factor that into your overall fat per day. 1-2 servings per meal, 3-4 meals per day = 6-8 servings of fat (about). Chances are, though, you'll a) get sick of it or 2) it will mess with your meal timing if you get to the point of drinking too much.

I love coconut milk in coffee! I use a combination of Crio Bru and half caff coffee these days. Yum. If you don't have one, buy a handheld frother and emulsify the milk into the hot coffee and it is AWESOME! I put in 2T. I'm sad that my morning cup is empty next to my lap top. "Cup" is relative: it is a 20oz Starbucks mega mug.

Going organic with coffee is really a good idea (for both health and environmental reasons). What they do when growing beans of conventional coffee is nasty. Fair trade works, too.

I think a cup of coffee, truly, is 6oz? Who does that in the USA? "Go big or go home" mantra has definitely not been helpful to our health.

time to read the Manifesto.

I have two cups of coffee right after meal 1 and between those two cups I use 1/2 serving of coconut milk...so I have 1/2 a serving of fat with meal 1 followed by the coffee with coconut milk.

So, that's what works for me, but I can't consume anymore coffee than that or I'll get jittery and I drink water and herbal teas the rest of the day.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you this was really helpful -

I started today with out the book but had read the basic rules and thought I'll try my coffee with some coconut milk (used soya before) and it was delish but very filling so I couldn't have breakfast - so I kind of had brunch instead at about 11am.

Thank you this was really helpful -

I started today with out the book but had read the basic rules and thought I'll try my coffee with some coconut milk (used soya before) and it was delish but very filling so I couldn't have breakfast - so I kind of had brunch instead at about 11am.

Try to have coffee with or after breakfast to avoid this happening - it's more beneficial for you to eat food in the morning than fill yourself up with a coffee/fat :)

Archived