My Whole30 log from South Australia ~ in Pictures :)

crannaford

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crannaford, it's really empowering to know you can manage when eating out.

Good on you; that's a huge confidence booster.

Before I go out for dinner I usually have a bowl of steamed veggies and I try to check the menu online first to make decisions without the bread basket under my nose.

You had me at butter goat and lamb on day 13 I think. Moving in. I will clean. :0)

hahaaa! :) Wait 'til day 17 Kangaroo fillet nomnom

I tell you what...cooking 3 solid meals a day, there's plenty of cleaning!

Oof, I don't know how I get through so many dishes/utensils.  Hubby always opening the cutlery drawer and demanding to know how all the spoons are gone when we emptied the dishwasher the night before.

I'm not allowed to pull the "I cooked, so you clean" line out.  I'd feel bad trying.

Glad you're still going crannaford, missed your pictures!  They still look as wonderful as ever.

Oof, I don't know how I get through so many dishes/utensils.  Hubby always opening the cutlery drawer and demanding to know how all the spoons are gone when we emptied the dishwasher the night before.

I'm not allowed to pull the "I cooked, so you clean" line out.  I'd feel bad trying.

Glad you're still going crannaford, missed your pictures!  They still look as wonderful as ever.

Hahaaaa! My wife has a cutlery and crockery obsession! We have so much cutlery we could get through the entire week without doing any dishes. I got a few days behind with the photos but I'm still on the job and up to date, Day 20 tomorrow :) So it's 3 meals a day and not a single snack... it's pretty easy really.

Crannaford - we got to Adelaide last weekend but the weather wasn't great so we didn't get out to try any restaurants.

Maybe next time.

Kangaroo is delicious!

We've not eaten much kangaroo in the past but it was excellent. We'll certainly be eating it again

Maybe that's my answer: develop a cutlery/crockery obsession ...

We are so lucky to have regular access to kangaroo.  We left Oz for 3 years and really missed it!  Happy to have it back on the menu again.  My students in France were so disgusted when I said Aussies eat kangaroo, for some reason they don't think you can compare it to snails or horse meat.

It has a bit of a gamy flavour and you have to eat it quite rare - too much cooking and it goes tough.  It's the most beautiful dark meat though, very lean.  And kangaroo mince makes for an epic spag bol!

Archived