Cooking Oils/Fats

kaiser179

I can't always find what I am looking for locally, but I have found a couple of nice online sources for cooking fats/oils

Here is a site I just found that has pretty good prices and free shipping on orders over $25.  I am interested in the avocado oil and hazelnut oil.

http://latourangelle.com/index.php/oils.html

Also, I have purchased tallow and duck fat through FatWorks facebook page, and I have been very impressed with the quality of their products.

https://www.facebook.com/fatworks?ref=ts&fref=ts

FYI - Amazon has La Tourangelle oils.  I need to check out Fatworks!  Hopefully there's a way to do that for folks who don't have (and don't want) a FB account.  I guess I could create a stealth one ;-)

Thanks ABS - I discovered La Tourangelle oils through Amazon but there were reviews about rancid oil.  One reviewer mentioned having better luck directly through La Tourangelle's website, and I was pleased with the free shipping option.

I am addicted to Amazon and the reviews!  :lol:

Susan, Tails and Trotters (on NE 24th and Sandy) has leaf lard for around $5 for an 8-oz container. Made in-house, pigs are pasture-raised and hazelnut-finished just over the river! It's great for cooking.

Susan, Tails and Trotters (on NE 24th and Sandy) has leaf lard for around $5 for an 8-oz container. Made in-house, pigs are pasture-raised and hazelnut-finished just over the river! It's great for cooking.

------------------------------------------------

So happy to hear about this place. I had no idea they existed. :) We live in a great food town.

Thanks ABS - I discovered La Tourangelle oils through Amazon but there were reviews about rancid oil.  One reviewer mentioned having better luck directly through La Tourangelle's website, and I was pleased with the free shipping option.

I am addicted to Amazon and the reviews!  :lol:

---

Bummer - if I'd taken the time to look up the company website, I would've ordered it there!  I wrongly presumed they'd charge for shipping!  (I LOVE free shipping!)  Hopefully I won't get rancid oil, but if I do, I'll contact the company.  My local Whole Foods carries other La Tarangelle oils, but not the avocado oil.  :angry:

Thanks!

I just ordered a jar of tallow and duck fat from fatworks website. No FB involved. :) I hear leaf lard is next for them. :)

I'm in the process of ordering that now. Gosh if I had seen this earlier I might have asked my friends who are coming up from Portland tomorrow to pick it up for me. I seem to be stuck on the processing order please wait page. Did this take a long time for you Susan? Should I be worried?

Archived