Zoodles!!!!!

I bought a noodle maker from amazon last week...it came on Friday, right before I left for the weekend...boo!

I made my first batch of zoodles tonight, waiting to serve them with some yummy bolognese sauce in a little while. What a cool machine! I think I will be using that machine a lot this summer!!!!

OMG! Zoodles are SO FREAKING GOOD. I will be making these every week...yum, yum, yum! Actually, I will be making them again tomorrow night. Our daughters are coming for dinner and one of them is bringing a garlic scape and arugula pesto....should be tasty with zoodles and some grilled chicken!

OMG!  Those would be so good with that pesto!!  And that reminds me that I have some garlic scape pesto in the fridge and zoodles! along with some grass-fed steak!!  I know what I am having for dinner!!!  :D

When I got my zoodler I didn't make them for my husband because I figured he wouldn't eat them. (He wasn't wheat free yet.) I posted a photo of them on Instagram and he told me he was jealous, because they looked good. He loves them now. 

FYI- the zoodles with arugula and garlic scape pesto were phenomenal! My daughter is working at an organic farm this summer and gets a share as part of he compensation. She made the pesto (arugula, garlic scrapes, olive oil, walnuts and a little more garlic) Wow! I sautéed the zoodles with a little olive oil, garlic and some cherry tomatoes for color! Fan-freaking-tastic! She left me a whole container of the pesto....guess what is on the menu again tonight?

Where, oh where, do I find myself a Zoodler? A cursory search on Amazon did not return positive results. I think I need to get one!

I know different people have different ones, I have a GEFU Spirelli and I'm really happy with it. Easy to clean and it doesn't take up any more space than a drinking glass.

I have a mandolin and a food processor, but I usually use my julienne peeler.  When you add in the time to get out the equipment, set up, and clean up, it is actually faster to julienne them manually, at least if you  only need 1-2 servings.

The zoodler I bought hasn't been put away since I first used it. I've tried it out on something new almost every day! The model I got cleans up super easily! I just remove the blade and rinse it under hot water, then do the same with the rest. Doesn't need any scrubbing if you take care of it right after using it. I got the Paderno Turning Slicer at Amazon.

I made "zoodles" last night. I just used my vegetable peeler. It was a bit of a pain, but it got the job done. I made a "lasagna" with zoodles, the homemade spaghetti sauce from here (http://www.joyfulabode.com/2007/08/22/lasagna-olive-cheese-bread-and-broccoli/ - warning, post containes pictures of non-Whole30 cheese yumminess!), and layered mushrooms and olives too. My veggie averse husband got seconds, and told me it was amazing, even if it did have zucchini ;) I'm going to have to make two pans next time, and have already been told there better be a next time :)

I love zoodles so much that I'm practically evangelical about them. When I started Whole30, I didn't have a julienne peeler yet, so while I waited for it to arrive from Amazon, I just used my regular vegetable peeler to make wider "noodles," like pappardelle. (In my pasta-eating days, I really loved pappardelle, and would order it whenever I could find it in restaurants.) When my julienne peeler arrived, I had a small learning curve, but as annabel says, once you get the hang of it, it's fab.

The only drawback to the julienne peeler is that if you're making a quantity of noodles, it's kind of slow going. So for quantity cutting, I use my mandoline. I actually have an old-school Bron mandoline, the kind that restaurant kitchens use. (I got it as a birthday present the year I graduated from culinary school.) It's a big piece of equipment; it takes up a lot of counter space while you're using it; and since I lost the "chariot" -- i.e. the little holder you put the vegetables in so that your fingers are kept away from the blade -- I have to be extra careful not to work too fast, because those blades are SHARP. But with all those caveats, it's unbeatable for producing large quantities of beautiful, evenly-cut veg, including structurally-intact cucumber slices thin enough to see through.

So at the risk of sounding like a complete kitchen tool geek, I now have three go-to zoodle tools: the mandoline for making a pound of zoodles at a time (cut them, salt them, rinse and dry them, put them in the fridge, use them through the week), the julienne peeler for making quick aglio-olio for one or two people; and the good old vegetable peeler for when I'm in the mood for pappardelle.

And yet, I'm still tempted to order a zoodler. Just to compare and contrast, as the academics say.   ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using a hand Julienne peeler and it works well, but I have decided to upgrade to the spiral slicer because I too love them so much!  I bought this one, because it was recommended by NomNomPaleo and she knows her stuff.  I can't wait to see it!  It's been great to find a pasta substitute that isn't just "not bad for a substitute" but actually delicious.  I still wish I could find something for rice though.  Cauliflower rice has not worked well for me.

I bought a noodle maker from amazon last week...it came on Friday, right before I left for the weekend...boo!

I made my first batch of zoodles tonight, waiting to serve them with some yummy bolognese sauce in a little while. What a cool machine! I think I will be using that machine a lot this summer!!!!

Hi,

can you tell me whats the name of the zoodles make machine you bought? (you can give me the link)

Archived