strangely addictive sea snacks -- too addictive?

Lizitea

I am obsessed with these http://www.seasnax.com/SeaSnax-Classic-Single_p_8.html.

(they are compliant)

I am not usually a salt person -- I am a sugar freak.

It's seaweed !!! so I was letting it ride, I figured maybe I need some minerals or something.

I am eating like 2 packs a day?

Isn't the idea to stop being obsessive????

What do you think? Let it ride itself out or just quit?

thanks

felicity

Are you having them as part of a meal, or by themselves as a snack?

If you're having them as the latter, build the snack into a mini-meal by adding a protein and fat (e.g., hard boiled egg, tuna, chicken or smoked salmon and some avocado).

Oh my. I so get this. I tried a sheet and disliked them. Then tried another and..hmm..I may like it. No love though. Then by about the fifth sheet, I was hooked. Yes they are compliant but how are you working them into your meal template? I dumped them just like I dumped nuts because I found myself grabbing them with no template in mind. :)

Hmm, yes, that would be a problem. Don't let the sea snax push the protein off your plate at a meal.  For vegetables, you want 1-2 cups per meal. So consider having sea-snax as vegetable 1 and have at least a cup of another vegetable at your meals.

Have you ever tried to break your snack habit?  Like just eat meals with no snacks at all? 2 packs a day does seem a bit much.

Why do you think you need to snack? What will happen if you stop snacking?

Just questions for thought. :)

• Moderators

I went through a phase where I ate 2 or 3 sheets of Sea Snax per day to make sure I was getting enough iodine. I didn't feel like they filled me up, but they did prompt me to drink another glass of water, which was a good thing. I eventually started taking an iodine supplement, so I no longer eat Sea Snax regularly. 

It does sound like you have become a bit obsessive with them. I would say limit your consumption to no more than one pack per day, but I am not sure you have to squash every craving/obsession you have. I mean, we are talking about dried sea weed. 

Archived