Trez 1st Whole30 Log

trezkholl0806

Hey everybody!

So I am brand new to Whole30 and sadly, not starting out so well. For one, HUGE MISTAKE, I did not meal prep over the weekend before starting. I feel like that really messed me up. I usually shop/plan/prep on Sunday afternoon. Instead, I was left with doing so yesterday evening.

The mental-I-want-to-eat-everything-bad part of me came out with I saw a giant pack of Oreos sitting on the counter when I got home from shopping; starving, desperate, without a gameplan or dinner... I indulged. UGH. Really.

I spent hours last night prepping and cooking and got quite a bit done.

Today...... we were having a belated boss's day breakfast at work. I honestly planned on just being good and just having some fruit that I brought for it... I even cooked a nice omelet for breakfast and ate it before work. However, a co-worker said "I bought these biscuits from that place you like, so I expect you to eat one". Sure! Why not. In the back of my mind I thought about taking the biscuit back to my desk and wrapping it up for my husband (how dare a perfectly good biscuit go to waste). Instead, we all ate together and (like someone was twisting my arm) I ate along with them... egg/cheese/sausage casserole, biscuits, fruit, angel food cake with coolwhip. Oh yeah. I'm so mad. AT ME.

It's now lunch and I am eating the delicious lunch I packed for myself; sauteed chicken, roasted brussels sprouts & radishes, and cauliflower & turnip mash - REAL FOOD. So I'm assuming that tomorrow, Wednesday, will actually be Day 1, since I definitely indulged in non-Whole30 compliant foods for Days 1-2 :( Maybe it's good that I cheated at the beginning, lol :(

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I noticed that you added me and saw your post. I started again today after getting to day 7 last week but had some post-gym munchies and ate some non-compliant foods so have started again today. This time I'm totally sticking to the meal plan and not snacking between meals! Hopefully we can support each other... How has today gone?

Hey I noticed that you added me and saw your post. I started again today after getting to day 7 last week but had some post-gym munchies and ate some non-compliant foods so have started again today. This time I'm totally sticking to the meal plan and not snacking between meals! Hopefully we can support each other... How has today gone?

Hi! :) Yes - let's support each other! So I'm guessing today (Wednesday) will actually be my Day 1, since I was bad Mon/Tues? I want to give this my all because I just really need to kick my bad cravings and binges. The rest of yesterday went good! The only thing was that last night I never actually sad down and ate dinner, I just "snacked" I suppose. But on W30 Compliant foods. I ate some black olives, baba ganoush with kohlrabi, and then turkey meatloaf muffins... okay, definitely need to put my dinner on a plate and eat. Didn't realize how few veggies I got in! How was your day?

Today's Menu (Day 1)

So I guess today is my first official day :D  Now it is almost 12 and I'm just now getting hungry... woohoo!

Breakfast:

3 egg omelet with 1 cup sauteed mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, shredded zucchini (all cooked in coconut oil)green grapes and strawberries

1 cup coffee

Lunch:

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins with Homemade Ketchup

1 cup Cauliflower & Turnip Mash

1 cup sauteed summer squash (cooked in coconut oil)

Dinner:

I'll get back to you, haha  :ph34r:

Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce

Summer Squash sauteed in coconut oil

Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Radishes

What were your ideas for pre/post gym meals? Yesterday I had 2 hardboiled eggs before, and some chicken & sweet potato after.

Okay, wow... I'm a genius. I overate, totally by accident. I had 6 turkey meatloaf muffins in my container for lunch, and just finished the last one, wondering why I was so full. I think they were 3/4 of an oz, so 6 would be 4.5... that doesn't really seem like a whole lot, but I'm SO FULL!?

I can't believe how much like me you sound here!! I also want to get binging under control

And learn to eat three meals a day, limit snacking, enjoy good food and generally get into a better and more positive attitude.

Pregym I've been having hard boiled eggs and avocados and post gym sweet potato and tuna in water or chicken. I think I'm going to try coinciding finishing at the gym with dinner so my post workout meal can be my big dinner.

The reason I had to start again today was because I got serious post gym hunger yesterday and really felt the need for a totally sugar laden artificial protein recovery shake and whilst I bought it I also got a Pepsi max.

Kicking the artificial sweeteners an drinking of sodas is also another one of my key aims of the programme.

Today I've had a really good day despite some small snacking

Breakfast: mince with broccoli, mushrooms and carrots and half a small avocado

Lunch: tuna stir fry with tons of peppers and mushrooms, a boiled egg and half a small avocado

Snack: 8 almonds and a small carrot

Dinner: prawn and chicken compliant thai green curry with tons of green vegetables and olive oil

I've eaten soooooo much vegetables today! I'm a bit disappointed about my snack, I wasn't even that hungry. I'm going to focus really hard on not snacking at all unless I'm genuinely hungry and then if I am I will have a smaller w30 meal template snack. Hope u are doing well happy to share on here throughout.

How old are you? What do you want to get out of the whole30?

Mmmm that sounds good! Yes, I am loving all the veggie intake! Now I'm wondering if I'm eating too much fat... Like this morning I coated my pan with coconut oil for my eggs and another pan with it for my veggies, then I ate 1/2 an avocado... oh and I put this chimichurri sauce (made with olive oil) drizzled on top... Whew. It was amazing though.

Tues when I worked out I ate 2 HB eggs before, and after I ate cold (it really wasn't so bad) chicken breast and baked sweet potato :)

I'm 26.... I REALLY need to get out of the habit of binge eating. I will do SO good during the week, plan a cheat meal for the weekend, and then it ends up being a whole weekend (or more sometimes) of cheating (and just STUFFING my FACE).... I will eat until I can't fit anything else in. It's sick. I hate it. And I need it to be done. I really want to give thought to what I'm eating, eat for a reason (fueling my body), enjoy my food and savor it.

I'm kind of nervous about the phases (did you read the timeline??), but I'm excited/anxious hoping this will really help me be healthier. Have you noticed feeling any different yet? I think I might... I am EXTREMELY exhausted today. It's unreal.  :blink:

Today's Menu (Day 2)

Dinner last night: I ended up working out unexpectedly after work, since nobody showed up to my class, I just kicked my own butt ;) So I wasn't prepared and didn't have any food with me.. right when I got home, I ate a little cold chicken breast and sweet potato because I was soooo hungry.

Breakfast:

3 scrambled eggs

lots of veggies (onion, bell pepper, mushroom, shredded zucchini grilled in coconut oil)

side of guacamole (1/2 avocado, 4 yellow baby tomatoes, garlic powder & sea salt)

Lunch:

Leftover Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce

Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Radishes

Cauliflower & Turnip Mash

Dinner:

I'm nervous about this one... going to a comedy club with a friend for a special vegan event... they will have all vegan dishes that you can purchase. I better be able to find one that is W30 Compliant!!!  :(

Yes, I did look up the word "malaise" after reading the timeline (again).... and I believe that is what I have today... (the 2nd definition) haha. blah.  :mellow: 

ma·laise   [ma-leyz, -muh-; French ma-lez]  Show IPA
noun
a condition of general bodily weakness or discomfort, often marking the onset of a disease.
a vague or unfocused feeling of mental uneasiness, lethargy, or discomfort.

Update as of 4:30 pm.... Still feeling blah.. slight pressure in my head. Kind of feeling a bit of day 4-5 phase, haha. (a bit impatient and agitated.)

It's really good to see your posts / what you are saying because it sounds so much like me !! I don't feel I had that great a day today because I ended up staying at university over dinner time and hadn't planned but my day has been like this:

Breakfast- prawns, lots of veggies stir fry , avocado

Lunch- prawns and tuna, green beans, avo , mixed peppers, carrot

Snack : nakd bar (Lara), wholes red pepper , bag of cherry tomatoes

Pre gym: 2 boiled eggs

Post gym/dinner - big sweet potato, chicken breast, tin of tuna, 2 egg whites

Late snack: 2 plums

I feel like ive eaten soo much but My gym sessions are really intense. My snack at uni could have been so much worse and I was prone to slip up but I kept compliant just need to work on limiting snacks

It's really good to see your posts / what you are saying because it sounds so much like me !! I don't feel I had that great a day today because I ended up staying at university over dinner time and hadn't planned but my day has been like this:

Breakfast- prawns, lots of veggies stir fry , avocado

Lunch- prawns and tuna, green beans, avo , mixed peppers, carrot

Snack : nakd bar (Lara), wholes red pepper , bag of cherry tomatoes

Pre gym: 2 boiled eggs

Post gym/dinner - big sweet potato, chicken breast, tin of tuna, 2 egg whites

Late snack: 2 plums

I feel like ive eaten soo much but My gym sessions are really intense. My snack at uni could have been so much worse and I was prone to slip up but I kept compliant just need to work on limiting snacks

Looks like you did pretty good given the circumstances... :) How are you feeling so far? Are you going through the phases again even though you already got through day 7 before?

HAPPY FRIDAY!

So, last night, I was anxious about dinner because I was going to a comedy club with my friend... it was for a vegan event, so they were going to have a vegan menu as well as their regular menu. Well, I figured there would be SOMETHING I could order that was compliant. I attempted to order the grilled chicken salad, although, they did not have any dressings that were nearly compliant (ALL CREAMY), and no olive oil, or anything else... okkkkk.... So I ordered these shrimp kabobs. That'll be good - right? Ehh. The sides were macaroni salad, fries, roll... I said NO SIDES. Ok, what I got was a disappointment.  Two tiny little sticks with small shrimp on them... Veggies? Kabobs are supposed to have veggies... You know how onions have layers? In between each shrimp was one tiny little slice, layer of onion, on one end was a small chunk of bell pepper, the other end was the tiniest sliver of pineapple.

I WANTED TO COMPLAIN SO BAD... but I didn't... I ate. In two seconds I was finished. I WAS STARVING.... so sad. Also, that "meal" was $11!!!!

You've got to be kidding me... anyway, the last comedian was great, so that was good... 

The awesome thing? My "dirty foodie-binge-eater-mind" was thinking of how easy it would be to go to Taco Bell, Wendy's, anywhere FAST... YUMMY... BAD.... NON-COMPLIANT... But I didn't have that pull, the urge, the desire to EAT that CRAP... Which was awesome. It was, however, only day 2... so hopefully I will continue with those feelings and kick the bad habit crap.

I got home at 10:00pm, starving... What to eat, what to eat.... I warmed up a bowl of sauteed summer squash and topped with a dollop of chimichurri... after, I drank a nice cup of hot, organic green tea and ate 2 medjool dates (was I wrong here, to eat these? They are yummy... and sweet... don't know if I'm hurting myself by eating these or not...)

HAPPY FRIDAY!

So, last night, I was anxious about dinner because I was going to a comedy club with my friend... it was for a vegan event, so they were going to have a vegan menu as well as their regular menu. Well, I figured there would be SOMETHING I could order that was compliant. I attempted to order the grilled chicken salad, although, they did not have any dressings that were nearly compliant (ALL CREAMY), and no olive oil, or anything else... okkkkk.... So I ordered these shrimp kabobs. That'll be good - right? Ehh. The sides were macaroni salad, fries, roll... I said NO SIDES. Ok, what I got was a disappointment. Two tiny little sticks with small shrimp on them... Veggies? Kabobs are supposed to have veggies... You know how onions have layers? In between each shrimp was one tiny little slice, layer of onion, on one end was a small chunk of bell pepper, the other end was the tiniest sliver of pineapple.

I WANTED TO COMPLAIN SO BAD... but I didn't... I ate. In two seconds I was finished. I WAS STARVING.... so sad. Also, that "meal" was $11!!!!

You've got to be kidding me... anyway, the last comedian was great, so that was good...

The awesome thing? My "dirty foodie-binge-eater-mind" was thinking of how easy it would be to go to Taco Bell, Wendy's, anywhere FAST... YUMMY... BAD.... NON-COMPLIANT... But I didn't have that pull, the urge, the desire to EAT that CRAP... Which was awesome. It was, however, only day 2... so hopefully I will continue with those feelings and kick the bad habit crap.

I got home at 10:00pm, starving... What to eat, what to eat.... I warmed up a bowl of sauteed summer squash and topped with a dollop of chimichurri... after, I drank a nice cup of hot, organic green tea and ate 2 medjool dates (was I wrong here, to eat these? They are yummy... and sweet... don't know if I'm hurting myself by eating these or not...)

I would have eaten before, or taken my own meal if that was permitted! I hate relying on others for food :)

A mini meal of protein, fat and vegies would have been preferable over the squash, sauce and dates. Eating that close to bed time probably isn't the best idea, but it's so hard to sleep if you're that hungry, isn't it?

Today's Menu (Day 3)

A.M. Mood: Feeling good, more alert right now than I have been... no headache.

This morning, unwillingly woke up at 7:05 a.m. - so tired... (btw, I need to wake up earlier!!!! Hello, no more smoothies, I have to COOK)

Breakfast:

3 sunny side up eggs cooked in coconut oil

sauteed veggies (mushrooms & bell pepper) (definitely need more veggies in b-fast)

handful fresh strawberries

1/2 avocado

*I also planned on having the "bulletproof coffee" that I keep hearing about, made coffee, put in my Magic Bullet with a tbsp coconut oil, blended... forgot.. COFFEE FAIL. :/

Lunch: ((need to meal prep this weekend so this doesn't happen... had to cook this morning!))

Southwest Chipotle Ground Chicken (used Mrs. Dash and added a little salt)

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Sauteed Summer Squash

Dinner:

Will let you know tomorrow :)

I would have eaten before, or taken my own meal if that was permitted! I hate relying on others for food :)

A mini meal of protein, fat and vegies would have been preferable over the squash, sauce and dates. Eating that close to bed time probably isn't the best idea, but it's so hard to sleep if you're that hungry, isn't it?

I was so hungry - I thought about going to bed, but I was just way too hungry. I also ate a HB egg, forgot about that. I thought about eating more protein, but since I had a good amount of shrimp, I figured that was enough. So I did get some protein, veggies, fat :)

I did think about eating beforehand, but wasn't prepared to do so... I will make sure I do next time! That is NOT happening again! haha.

Hoping someone can help me out quickly... Ate dinner with hubby at Outback and ordered a 6 oz filet, green beans & asparagus, no oil. But I didn't have fat... So I feel like I'm going to get hungry... Kinda starting to. Idk if I should try to eat some fat to fill me up or just drink some water and not think about it.

Also, my line of thought was trying to think of what fat I could eat.. I don't have any avocados, so I thought about coconut oil, what to eat with it? Thought about cooking some banana slices in it, but then I wondered if this would be too much like dessert... Help!

Today's Menu (Day 4)

Breakfast:
Egg scramble (3 eggs, mushrooms, bell peppers, leftover roasted Brussels sprouts)
1/2 avocado
Strawberries

Ran a 5k for breast cancer :) with hot pink hair

Lunch:
Crockpot salsa chicken
Sautéed kale
Sweet cauli mash (sweet potato, cauliflower mash from failed attempt at cauli soup, season with curry and Garam Masala) (amazing!!!)

Dinner:

Ate at Outback Steakhouse

Victoria's Filet, Medium Rare (woodfire grilled)

Green Beans (no oil or butter)

Grilled Asparagus ("        ")

Club Soda w/ Lemon

Today's Menu (Day 5)

Breakfast:
3 eggs sunnyside up
Sautéed bell peppers, mushrooms & zucchini
Bananas fried in coconut oil topped with coconut milk & cinnamon

Lunch:
Ground chicken breast
Sweet cauli mash (sweet potato & cauliflower)
Sautéed garlic kale
Raw kale salad with avocado dressing & tomatoes

In between lunch and dinner I was a little hungry and I shouldn't have, but I "snacked" on a few strawberries & a snack banana dipped in coconut milk

Dinner:
Ground chicken breast with chipotle salsa
Cauliflower & turnip mash
Raw kale salad with sweet yellow tomatoes, green bell peppers & black olives
((Couldn't actually finish all my dinner, I'm guessing because of my snack earlier...))

I also had 2 pickles (compliant) & 2 medjool dates

So - I've read through the timeline for what to expect and I haven't experienced any of this, except for day 2 headache. Does that mean I'm not doing something right? :/

Overall, your meals look fine. Snacks should be a mini-meal, including a protein and fat. 

The timeline is a guide based on feedback from other folks who've completed  a Whole30. If you haven't had any bad effects, be thankful and keep going.  :)

Overall, your meals look fine. Snacks should be a mini-meal, including a protein and fat. 

The timeline is a guide based on feedback from other folks who've completed  a Whole30. If you haven't had any bad effects, be thankful and keep going.  :)

Thanks for the input :) Yesss... I knew I shouldn't have been snacking. I want to reap all the benefits from this, so no more snacking like that, only mini-meals if needed and I will not buy anymore dates while on this thing!

Today's Menu (Day 6)

Breakfast:

Coffee w/ 1 tbsp coconut milk

3 sunnyside up eggs in coconut oil

Rutubaga hash (so good!)

Sauteed bell peppers & mushrooms

1/2 avocado

Apple

Lunch:

Taco lettuce wraps (grass-fed ground beef w/ homemade taco seasoning, compliant salsa, 1/2 avocado, sweet yellow tomatoes, wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves)

Sauteed summer squash

Dinner:

It's a mystery  :o  ;)  :P

Fajita chicken with sauteed red onions, bell peppers & mushrooms

Raw kale salad & tomatoes w/ avocado dressing

1/2 avocado

Sweet potato with toasted coconut chips

Tonight, my friend and I are planning on running around the neighborhood and then doing some body weight exercises and TRX.

Archived