Raw Milk/Cheese

Tiffany2485

In the book "It Starts with Food," you can read all about the disruptions that dairy can cause, especially in non-infants drinking across species.  The only dairy allowed for your whole 30 is clarified butter or ghee with the milk proteins removed, clean coconut milk, and clean nut milk (no carrageenan, sweeteners, or other off-limits additives).

• Moderators

The Paleo approach to eating is based upon assumptions about historical behavior. Some people assume ancient peoples ate raw dairy and some think they didn't. However, the Whole30 is not based upon Paleo concepts of what ancient peoples ate. It is based upon modern science and experimentation. Jent103 and Nico are right in confirming that only ghee and clarified butter is acceptable during a Whole30. I just wanted to explain why you should not expect the Whole30 to be consistent with everything you hear about Paleo eating.

• 4 years later...

I've completed the whole30 and re-intro stage and was wondering about raw milk post whole30.  I've not had any negative reactions when re-introducing anything, including dairy but would like to reduce intake of processed foods so thought raw milk might be a healthier option?  Thoughts welcome, thanks

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Kay1691 said:

Thanks, yes I know but was still interested to see if there is a whole30 philosophy re the fact raw milk is unpasteurised and therefore unprocessed as far as I understand so a wholefood perhaps..?

Nope, sorry. It's all about how it works for you, how it affects your body etc. We don't make "less bad" recommendations. Not saying dairy is inherently bad but that anything off Whole30 plan is for you to test, research and try.  In all my years here I've never seen anyone report back on raw dairy vs regular dairy so if you do end up doing some tests/research, maybe report back for the rest of us?

Archived