Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

Follow up question to this, what is technically called a binge? Too much of the same food? Is it what they call in the book food without breaks? If you have a family member or friend who binges, how do I best help him/her? There are so many posts on the forum mentioning binging, it's worrisome. Is whole30 a solution for binge eating you think?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Follow up question to this, what is technically called a binge? Too much of the same food? Is it what they call in the book food without breaks? If you have a family member or friend who binges, how do I best help him/her? There are so many posts on the forum mentioning binging, it's worrisome. Is whole30 a solution for binge eating you think?

I think the Whole 30 is great for anorexics.  

It gives them accountability and a roadmap to follow.   They need to read the books.  The forum and blog can help them put the Whole 30 plan into action.   Anorexia is different than binge eating.     Anorexics need accountability to keep eating.   Their thinking process is unique in that they do not want any additional weight or pounds.   They will dial it down or quit eating if their clothes feel tight. They know exactly what their numbers are without getting on the scale.  

“Binge eating is what we call ‘loss of control eating.’ You feel like you can’t stop, even if you want to.”  " It may be related to depressionanxiety or a strong genetic risk."  "They may need psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, or group therapy.

If we have a family member or relative who is a binge eater...examine the family history.   Binge eating and diabetes can go hand in hand.   Binge eating can be the handwriting on the wall for diabetes down the road if left unchecked.

tumblr_mnkt3dizTk1s68l8yo1_500.png

We can see these patterns with friends and family.  A binge and then immediate denial,

"I'm back on track....I never give up,   I'm back in the diet and restrict phase"   until the next urge to binge comes along.

Binge eaters can regain every pound and then some within 30 days after 30 days of diet/restricting.    The only way to prevent a lifetime of binge eating and get out of this endless loop just might be going for therapy.   Binge eating usually starts in the early 20's  but it can last an entire lifetime.

The only way a binge eater can maintain or avoid rebound weight gain is to develop a maintenance plan.  Without one, the odds of maintaining are very low.   As a recent study  found,  almost 80% of people who have lost a substantial amount of weight ...regain every single pound back within 3 years time.   This even includes those with a gastric sleeve or  WLS (weigh loss surgery).   Binge eating left unchecked does not go away with surgery.   The urge or being driven to binge is still there.

It's not the quality of food that the binge eater is going for.   It's that over-stuffed, full to the brim feeling they want.

If binge eaters would replace vegetables for the sugars....not nut butters or nuts; not nutty bars or dried fruits - they could get that same over-stuffed-full-to-the-brim feeling without destroying their pancreas ability to handle years and years of binge eating.   We only have one pancreas.

Using vegetables to create a new behaviour to overcome the urge to binge is a beginning.   It's called "loss of control eating".    Far better to binge on every vegetable under the sun than revert back to sugars and fast foods.

If completing a series of Whole 30's does not take the desire away for binge eating,   it may be the time to seek out therapy.   The pancreas can handle only so much sugar.   Far better to deal with it now than end up a diabetic later in life.

Another binge today is not a cure for a food addiction.  It can be the handwriting on the wall for diabetes in your future.

Yes,  excellent.

5151cfqtY8L._SL500_AA300_PIaudible,Botto

http://www.amazon.com/It-Starts-Food-Discover-Unexpected/dp/B00PMCGFRS

I-am-Whole301.jpg

SHOW US WHY YOU ARE WHOLE30®

2 May, 2014

We are thrilled to roll out our newest campaign, designed to spotlight you, our Whole30 success stories. Over the years, we’ve received thousands of emails from our readers, sharing their Whole30 experiences, struggles, and incredible, lasting results. This month, the Whole30 is getting more mainstream press than ever, with stories featured in the Wall Street Journal,ELLE.comHarper’s Bazaar, and the Daily Mail.

But mainstream media is getting it wrong. They’re labeling the Whole30 a “quick-fix,” an “extreme diet,” and a “weight-loss plan.” They’re focusing on the scale, and not the incredible life-changing experiences you’re having with the program.

We know that we are so much more. You know that we are so much more. So now’s your chance to show the world what the Whole30 is really about. Improved energy. Better sleep. Increased self-esteem. Happier moods. More regulated emotions. Reduced cravings. Better performance. Eliminated symptoms. Food freedom.

We’ll be launching our #IAMWHOLE30 campaign on the @Whole30 Instagram feed, starting immediately. Post your favorite photo representing your Whole30 journey, and explain why you are Whole30. Tag @Whole30 and #IAMWHOLE30 and we’ll choose our favorite stories to feature on the Whole30 Instagram feedFacebook page, and Twitter account.

Follow @Whole30 on Instagram, and start tagging your photos@Whole30 and #IAMWHOLE30.

To complete the campaign, we’re taking pre-orders for our new I Am Whole30 tees and tanks. We’ll run pre-orders from Friday, May 2nd through Friday, May 9th, and will offer you eager beavers a 10% discount. Shirts will arrive on our doorstep at the end of May, and we’ll make sure to ship them out to you ASAP.

Visit the Whole9 store to pre-order your I Am Whole30 shirt or tee.

- See more at: http://whole30.com/2014/05/show-us-whole30/#sthash.idgW1UCu.dpuf

changelife_front.png    VNeckFront.jpg     TShirtFront.jpg    yoga_tee_front.png

unisex_yoga_front.png    TankFront.jpg

I-am-Whole301.jpg

great official answer.

I just wish there would be a whole30 subject header pointing to this response. This way, new members suffering with this disorder would see it right away. I for sure did not see this article before. Sigh!....

Lauren Hutton reveals the beauty product she's used for 50 years

For more than half a century, actress Lauren Hutton has covered glossy style magazines and modeled on designer runways. At 70, her features are just as striking and beautiful as they were when she first stepped on the fashion scene in 1963.

So what's her secret?

"Well, I’ll have to tell you that I’ve been slathering myself in coconut oil since I was about 22," the accomplished beauty told fellow model said.

body_5_3.jpg

body_5_3.jpg

il_570xN.471842183_eop8.jpg

Pomegranate-Pear-Salsa-6.jpg

5-INGREDIENT PEAR POMEGRANATE SALSA

This pear pomegranate salsa rocks the savory and sweet combo, and calls for just five ingredients!

PREP: 10 MINS TOTAL: 10 MINS
INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 fresh pears (any kind), cored and diced
  • 1 fresh pomegranate, seeded 
  • half a red onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
  • juice of half a lime
DIRECTIONS:

Toss all ingredients together until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container for up to 2 days.

Archived