Teavana herbal teas

Sarabeth5

I love love love herbal tea and was in Teavana buying some of my favorite flavors (on sale!  YAY!!) and looked at the ingredients.  Candied fruit was in both.  Candied as in "candied mango (mango, sugar)".  Then in another there was rice starch.  Are these teas out for Whole30?

Sarabeth, while these teas are out during the W30, the sugar and rice starch aren't enough that you have to keep them out forever. You may decide to do that, because there are plenty of loose leaf teas that ARE squeaky clean, but if teavana teas are the worst thing in your diet, you're doing pretty good

• 1 month later...

Is it correct to include unsweetened cold black tea when tallying daily water intake?  It is diuretic, but part of the idea of drinking water as a transport includes carrying junk out of us, right?

I've read MD statements that even the water in what we eat counts.  Also that coffee is enough of a diuretic that it removes more water than it adds.  So at a third or less of the caffeine of coffee, I wonder about tea and hydration recommendations. 

I barely tolerate ion-exchanged (potassium chloride replacing calcium and magnesium) tap water, refuse to give Nestle, Pepsi or Coke a dime, and don't drink out of disposables that contain styrene, toluene, and bisphenol-A.  When I learned that recycling centers eyeball the rough percentage of valid recyclable materials at the container level and ditch the whole truckload into landfill when too many people think that plastic grocery bags and food stained takeout containers are recyclable, I go for reduce over recyclable water bottles.  Plus paying four times as much per gallon as gasoline for filtered tap water...  OK, I'll stop.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived