Reintroducing dairy--and then flying for 4 hours

KayKay

I started my W30 before I had finished reading ISWF or fully understood what re-introduction involved. I also planned my W30 to end the day before I am flying across the country to visit a friend -- thinking I'd want to be "free" to enjoy off-plan food during my visit.

I've since read ISWF and know that I need to reintroduce food groups slowly, and so I plan to start with dairy. Dairy's never been an issue for me in the past - but could reintroducing it (or any food) after 30 days and then hopping on an airplane (e.g. away from home in case of any stomach upset, etc.) be a bad idea? My husband keeps teasing me that it is, but I was so looking forward to cream in my coffee that day :(  Have others experienced any severe reactions upon reintroduction?

• Moderators

You might have no problems at all or you might be squirming in your seat until you can get to the airplane toilet while you are in the air. These things are highly individual. I'd wait and have cream in my coffee after the plane landed, but I really don't like using airplane toilets. :)

I'd think your best bet would be to extend your whole30 a little longer until you aren't traveling. I mean, you don't have to reintroduce on day 31. You simply don't want to keep going on your whole30 and then one day decide to eat all the things without the reintros. Not that I would know ... :wub:

Funnily enough I had originally booked a day -1 lunch date with my husband with the subject line "eat all the things!" but have since cancelled that plan LOL.

Ok, I'm going to at least wait until I get to my friend's place, I guess, but I don't plan to continue a strict W30 for the entire time I'm away. Thanks everyone!

Archived