Day 42: Accidentally ate Off-plan, help!

AnnaLog

I'm finishing up day 42 of a Whole60 and I ate what I thought was a home made sweet potato fry. It turns out my husband made himself some bag of frozen French fries and that's what I ate. I'm beyond upset (literally crying as I type this) at what I've worked so hard for 42 days to accomplish. What does this mean? A complete restart? I'm devastated!

Here's the atrocious ingredient list

Sweet potatoes, canola oil and/or sunflower oil and/or safflower oil, rice flour, cane sugar, tapioca starch, cornstarch, dextrin, sea salt, chipotle pepper, chili pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, yeast extract, salad mustard powder (distilled vinegar, mustard seed, salt, turmeric, paprika) jalapeño powder, natural flavors, potassium chloride, cilantro, xanthan gum, citric acid, gluconic acid

Well, the good news is, I don't see any dairy, or any gluten. 

I don't actually think its too terrible, or, it could have been worse. 

Accidental sugar doesn't require a restart. 

Rice flour, cornstarch, dextrin and the other additives, I will leave to a moderator to say.

You only ate one fry?

I think you need to focus on an amazing achievement - 42 days. 

42 days! That is fantastic! 

See how you feel tomorrow. If no ill effects,  I would chalk it up to experience and keep on going. 

If you do feel something, maybe it would be worth starting re intros 18 days early, with rice? 

I am curious to see what the mods say. 

It sucks, but 42 days is still a fantastic run. 

What was your reasoning for making it a Whole 60? Depending on whether you were doing it for healing reasons or for psychological/weight loss reasons would affect whether you feel you should start over. But as Deb says, perhaps consider it your first reintro.

Just keep going!

This. 

Don't give up and stop at 42 because of this. You planned to do 60, so carry on with your plan and relax.

As Deb notes, the fry, although not a healthy whole food by any stretch, also didn't have wheat or gluten or soy or dairy (That is a small miracle). My guess is 18-days will be more than enough to clear out your system of the corn and rice and sugars it did contain. If in doubt, just wait until your last reintros for corn and rice...if you don't feel 100% or if you just want to, you could also extend the reintro period, leaving corn and rice until 30 or more days from the fry incident.

Archived