More Changes to Come

Tina Marie

hi again...  have to give my self Kudos - after dentist I was really hungry - and thought " Yah - now I can eat some chicken tenders from Culvers...with yummy honey mustard."  Then I remembered I am going out for dinner tonight - treating a girlfriend to a birthday dinner.  So I did the correct thing and came home and made a big salad instead.  and it was Yummy - filling and what I should have done.

I made the sauce Zingy Ginger dressing in Well Fed2...  and it is pretty good.  It calls for raw carrots, garlic and onion and ginger.  I am not a big fan of raw onions, and didn't think to use shallots instead.  So me - being me - decided to simmer the sauce for a bit to cook the ingredients and then used my immersion blender and whipped it up -  much better to my tasting.   Used that on my salad, it gave it some nice zing without the overpowering onion flavor.

There is a ketchup recipe - but I have gotten used to not having any ketchup like products and not sure if I want to reintro something like that.  I might try to make a 1/2 batch, and see how we like it.

Well - I guess I should get going - Eye doctor next.   Have a good one

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow -  I can't believe I did it... I was relaxing last night - and relaxed right through my yoga class !!  Totally forgot about it until 10:30 !   This is the 2nd Wed that I totally forgot something I was suppose to do.  

I'm feeling slightly under the weather - I think I may go to urgent care to get checked for strep - rather than waiting until I am really sick and then miss work.

I hope everyone is doing well. 

Good morning everyone,

I hope all is going well for you all.     We had a lovely break, the weather was sparkling, just enough snow to make it pretty and only the high passes were closed.  It was all good except my eating.... but to steal a quote 'success is a journey, not a destination'; and I got off the train!  Paid the price with yesterday being a day of sinus pain and headache and stiffening joints... but I was expecting some payback for taking in some wheat and sugar (not loads I might add, but do you all think, the longer we eat cleanly the more sensitive we become?)

How come too, a few days away seems to generate more laundry than normal.  An odd phenomena!  However, I still have a couple of days off before I return to work to enjoy the more normal grey skies and drizzle that we have returned to.

Take care, C :)

Ha ha I think we have all gotten off the train here and there.  I don't think we get more sensitive to foods the longer we eat healthy. I just think we are more aware of it. I am glad to hear you had a nice vacation Chrissie and it is always good to have a couple days when you get back to catch up on things.

I have done ok so far a couple of times I had gluten free bagels and had Mexican food the other night when my daughter took me to Dancing with the Stars. I had 2 small steak tacos and a margarita.  We had a good time. Played slots after dinner until time for the show. I am feeling good and have gotten back into exercise a little.  I am still waiting for the new gym to open.  I have gone back to the other one a few times.

Sounds like a plan with the zingy ginger dressing Tina.  I may have to try that.

How are you doing Lori?

Hello my friends. I am here, my food has been horrid. Didn't feel I could even talk about it. Still a lot of stress with Casey. She seems to be having a hard time at school with social relationships. It seems to be taking a lot of time. I'm worried about her and I am for sure stress eating.

We are going away this weekend to Ottawa for their winter festival. Then when I get back I work one day, the head to a conference for work in Orlando. I think knowing I will be on the road a week and eating in restaurants is making me through in the towel.

I know I will get back there, but I'm not yet. Sorry

Lori, no need to be sorry. You do what you need to do.   I was the first drop out and no one criticised me.  I have found a way of eating better that doesn't stress me out about 'doing it right'.   It is not 'W30' but it is better than it was.  I hope things with your daughter get sorted soon.  It is hard not having a partner to share anxieties with. 

Take care, c x

I think we have all been there to some degree Lori.  I personally just care that we all are content and feel good about what we are doing. Not that it has to be perfect. Just right for us individually. Is Casey in Middle school? I can so understand what you are going through. I had 4 children and 3 of them had issues in middle school. You just want to see your child happy and it is so hard when they are having problems in school. My one daughter developed school phobia and she and I went once to talk to a professional counselor.  He said I was part of the problem because I cared to much.  How can you care to much? I never expressed that to her other then being sensitive to her feelings. I still made her go to school and worked with them to help her through it.  It did always get better.

Hope things get better for you and Casey soon.

Lori - I'm having trouble with Brooke as well,  I just had a meeting with all her core teachers and it helped ! it helped me to know that her teachers were supportive and very willing to help.   That was nice to know - they had her come into a group during lunch so that she wasn't sitting alone - and encouraging her to be more active in class.   Brooke wants to do on line schooling and is bent on me enrolling her.   My oldest did on line and was successful but I think Brooke will be a different kind of nut.  Not sure she will be able to handle it.

Hang in there - I know it is tough

Donna,I'm just in disbelief that a councillor could tell you 'you cared to much', was that person not a parent themselves?  I do recall a teacher telling me my daughter and me squabbled a lot because we were too alike... but that's a whole different scenario.  I guess it is part of life's journey always caring and worrying about our children.  I used to get annoyed by my mum telling me she would always worry because I was always her child  when I was going through my marital problems... now as mother of adults myself I get it, you can never stop, ever.  It is part of being human, caring for our families, and indeed feeling the pain of our friends and others.  Empathy has been called a 'cursed gift', but I think all of us on this forum share it.   Tina, I hope you can get through with Brooke too 

Take care everyone x

Hi everyone ! 

Tomorrow I am reintroducing rice...we will see how it goes.  I am going to have rice and eggs in the morning, M2 will be a salad and then a side of rice and creamed ground beef (sort of a stroganoff). and M3 will be something like a steak and rice or something.

Yesterday I ate some pizza and the day before I had nachos, so today was a compliant day. .I went to yoga class tonight and feel out of shape !   

I must go out and do some heavy duty shopping - my veggies are all gone - have some frozen but nothing fresh.  Donna -  I did find out that the local organic store does sell individual fresh eggs, so I will be stopping tomorrow to buy 1 for a new batch of mayo.  They also sell duck eggs and I have heard that they are delicious  so I may buy 1 of those as well.

Well I hope that everyone is fine.

Hi all....  so I don't think the rice went over well...  I did not eat for dinner tonight.  I had it for M1 and M2 and it was certainly stomach upsetting.  I decided to not push it and so skipped it for dinner and had a big salad with strawberries, tomatoes, spring greens cuke and home made mustard dressing.  The dressing was very yummy,  I used Dijon mustard, acv, a touch of honey and avocado oil.

Tuesday night I made some turkey patties with shredded sw potatoes and shredded zucchini and they turned out pretty good.

So - how is everyone - ??? seems everyone is now off living life ...  

if anyone is tired of posting here - I would love for us to keep in touch, please send me a message and I would love to give you my email add.

I will keep posting here - it helps keep me on track - and I hope that you all continue too but I understand if you want to go on with 'riding your bike" on your own

Hope to hear from you all ..

T

WOW - I feel so much better today - I am guessing that rice is going to be out for me... OH well.  Glad I figured that out .. and quickly

today I am going to eat compliant because tomorrow is hair appts and shopping and I know I won't be eating as best as I can.  and I also bought some muffins at Costco that I want to try !!   I bought a dozen and intent to to freeze them so Brooke can have some treats and I don't have to run out and buy something.  Also bought some uncured bacon, has sugar  but it has no nitrates, corn syrup, etc.  figured that is better than the regular - and Brooke likes her bacon.

Having some difficulty with Brooke and school (Lori you and have a lot in common !)  and is requesting me to check into online schooling.  My oldest did it - and managed just fine.   Her school was not a "structured "  meaning she could do her classes whenever.. 2 pm  5   or midnight   she had migraines so it was hard for her to do a scheduled class time.    I am not sure if there is any online school that does that any more

If I work from home then I would be more comfortable with Brooke doing an online school  but I don't know if she has the discipline  to do it - if I am not home.  It would certainly resolve the issues at school - no friends, and the anxiety about actually talking in class.

My goal for myself is to get more exercise - am having some issues w/ my biceps and was going to physical therapy but now need to do it on my own. which I need to do.

Hi Tina, yes I think life gets in the way big style at times.   I tried some brown rice and beans the other day... they are going on my list of handle with care!   I'm 'riding my own bike' as you know, but what's learned from the initial whole 30 will never be lost.  You be proud of yourself for the changes you've made! I'll be keeping looking in, even if I don't post about food :) .

Cx

Hello from wintery Ottawa Ontario. Casey and I are away for a long weekend attending Winterlude. Yesterday we skated on the Rideau Canal, went sledding and slid down icy hills. Plus we did a lot if walking. I realize how far I've gotten from being in shape. It has given me new resolve to get into a better program with food and exercise when we return.

I so love talking with everyone. I hope too we keep up. I'm am willing if there is a better way. Donna I was shocked by the comment about caring too much, seriously not possible. Tina good luck with the online decision. Chrissie do true about the things we learn as we go through life about parenting.

I feel really inflamed right now, I realized this as I was dressing last night. My abdomen seems so full, and I remember my first whole 30 losing 4" in my abdomen. I certainly need some clean days, hard to pull off when traveling. Monday I return from Canada, work one day, then off to Florida for a conference. Maybe I needed this feeling of misery to kick myself back into shape. For sure I intend to kick it up when I'm home again, and I will look here for support. I certainly need it! When I'm not posting, I'm not following program. I'm with you Tina, I need the accountability

Hope you are all having a good weekend

Hi  I check in almost everyday but do not always have something to say.  I want to stay connected however we do it and it does seem best to have a forum like this where we can all read posts from each of us.

Lori it would be hard traveling so much but you are so aware now it has to be better then before you started this and you will see a difference in time.

I think exercise has a lot to do with it and we all struggle with that.  To get back into it I have been going to the gym several times a week and walking about 2 1/2 miles.  I want to work up to 3 miles everyday or so then get back into the weights. I would like to walk outside and get the benefits of sun and nature but I have an irrational fear of dogs.

For a couple of years I had a problem when I got up from sitting down that by the time I got to whatever room I was going to I would have to sit because I was so dizzy.  It wasn't blood rush like when some people first stand up. It took longer to hit me.  Anyway it finally went away but I have noticed it coming back now and then.  i think it went away because of all the exercising I was doing . So that is another reason to get back to it.

Tina working with the school is what finally helped my daughter.  They told her she could work in the library or come and spend her lunch with them.  I think once she realized there were places and people there she felt safe with it helped her overcome her fear.

Well I went off tonight so will see how I sleep and feel tomorrow.  We went to Olive Garden. I had a glass of wine. soup and salad. Soup was Zuppa Toscana

(spelled wrong) and a bread stick.  I haven"t had gluten in months and the soup had cream so there was dairy. Then the salad had croutons and no telling what was in the house dressing. Then the wine which was worth it.  I think I over ate somewhat also. Oh well we enjoyed it.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

hi everyone..  hope everyone is well -  the cold is back with force.  

Yoga class tonight...  can't wait - neck and back has been messed up - so maybe that will help me stretch it a bit. 

Applied for claims position - am nervous - hate interviewing - I get so nervous and can't think straight.  I never used to bring notes with but when I mock interviewed w/ a manager she said it is perfectly acceptable to have notes to refer to. 

have been trying to eat as I should - have had some crackers and cream cheese spread - and some cheese.  still haven't done the true reintro of cheese because I have not been totally clean.  so after this weekend I will do a reintro on Tues or wed.   so Monday I can clean up again after the weekend, before I try the cheese.

well just wanted to pop on and say hi. 

Interviews are very nerve wracking. I have been on both sides and much prefer to be the Interviewer. Good luck on getting the position.

I didn't have any problems after eating at the Olive Garden. Yea

I had more problems after eating a warm greens salad type dish called the Paleo bowl. It is kale and brussel sprouts. avocado and I am not sure what other greens with chicken and salsa.  Its good but gave me a lot of gas.

Hope everybody is well.

Donna  maybe you can't eat the cabbage family  - brussel sprouts cause problems   I can't recall the exact name of that group.. I think broccoli is in that family as well.    

Maybe in It starts with Food has the name of the group -  I will check my book

A HA - found it Cruciferous   that is the word !   cabbage, turnip and mustard are some listed in the group..

so you may want to look that up - my sister was amazed that she had been eating all those and never realized they were the culprits to her stomach distress.

Ladies, hello from sunny Florida. Today is the first warm and sunny day and of course I'm waiting on a shuttle to the airport. It even dropped to the 30's here this week! I usually want to just stay, but I'm exhausted! Yesterday I had tremendous sciatic pain. It occurred to me that the last time I had this pain was pre whole 30. I need a clean stretch of days. Tomorrow I start! I'll check in daily for support.

Tina good luck with interview. I know it is stressful. Good word, cruciferous. They don't seem to bother me too bad, yes an occasional toot, but I will say when I'm eating whole it is really other foods that give me distress

I guess I'm going home to horrific piles of snow. I will be eager to see how much I have to scrape the car.

Have a nice Sunday afternoon my friends. Can't wIt to see Casey. I've missed my travel buddy!

Well Lori I hope you were able to find your car.  What a mess for you all out there. Isn't it amazing what food may be responsible for.  Like Sciatic pain. I hope you are able to figure out what it is.  I know it's hard but if you could do a slow add back you may find it.

Tina i am sure you are right. A little of those type of veggies goes a long way. I think it's mostly broccoli and brussel sprouts.

How are you doing on the exercise Tina.  I am still waiting for the new gym to open.  Maybe around March 1st.  I am going to the old gym several times a week to walk for 3 miles.

How are you doing Chrissie?

Hi everyone :)

I've been peeping in now and then, but just busy with life, like you all. Hubby has been having a lot of trouble catching his breath since the last treatment a couple of weeks back, so that has been a bit scary but he is improving now.     I'm eating ok, though not totally compliant, and still slowly losing weight, so that's all adding to health benefits. 

I hope your interview goes well, Tina, I think being able to take notes in will be a good help.  I always become a babbling wreck in stress situations!

Cruciferous veggies - really healthy but oh so hard to digest!  

Lori, what a shame the temperature rose the moment you were heading home.   I like it when the last day of a get-away is miserable weather, then it is easier to leave for the comforts of home!  I hope your sciatica eases soon, and you get back into a way of eating which nourishes you.

Hi Donna!

Our weather is mixed right now; mostly bright with a lazy wind (cuts through you instead of going round!)  sometimes rain, sometimes snow showers, and still sometimes having to scrape the car in a morning.   I suppose it is still just February, the garden is full of snowdrops and crocuses, and some dwarf daffodils are peeping out - they could be buried under inches of snow, so it's lovely to see.

I hope you all are having good times.

C x

Hi all.... interview process is over !  took the test Saturday - then phone interview on Tuesday and formal interview today.  I think it went well....they said they would let me know 1-2 weeks.  I was hoping that they would shooo me out of the room and then offer me the job !  But that did not happen.  Now I wait - I was going to say patiently but we all know that the waiting will not be patient.

I completed 3 sessions of yoga, and I am really going to try to do some of the poses at home... really I am - cuz I feel good when I am there, and if I would do it daily I'm sure I would see some good results.  I am back to my late hours (ending at 7pm) so I AM going to go to the gym before work - at least 2 days a week to start.  If I get the job - training starts 4/13, so I would have a month of late hours so plenty of time to work out)

I am making some more of those cauliflower biscuits.... waiting for them to come out of the oven. Made some more roasted cabbage rounds, I can't believe that I like roasted cabbage.

I am doing good with my food... I got some doritoes - only ate some that first day and have not had any since.  I had some crackers and cream cheese.  Today we had some Chinese food. I didn't eat much of the sauce - only what was on the chicken and the zucchini.

Will be back whole 30 so I can do the dairy reintro.

It is still really cold here - and I wish it was spring.    well - I should go now.. I miss our daily chats - but know everyone but me has a life !!!  :lol:   Enjoy your day

Archived