More Changes to Come

Tina Marie

Good morning  Tina where did you find the recipe for cauliflower biscuits? This also reminds me to try the roasted cabbage.  I had intended to then forgot about it.

Happy to hear the interview is behind you. Is this at your company and do you know these people.  I always feel that helps because they kind of know you and your work record.  Did you know they have free yoga on line.  They have 15 min ones to wake up to in the morning or 1 hr ones and different levels

I had my mammo yesterday and it came out good.  See the Oncologist today so expect a clear exam.  She should be happy I have gained 5 pounds.  I can only figure its from not working out.  I am going to tell her I feel stronger and healthier when I work out so I may be losing it again. I wouldn't mind the extra weight so much but I gain it all in my stomach. I know its not diet because I haven't bought anything I shouldn't. Have just eaten out once a week and then I am careful other then the  bread stick at Olive garden. Just small occasional off 30 but Paleo choices.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello ladies, my good intentions turned into sick bay this week.  School called Monday that Casey did not feel well and it has been downhill from there.  Not sure if she had the flu or if it was a sinus infection.  I leaning in the virus as she was on antibiotics for two days and got worse  Yesterday her fever peaked.  I had some lessor version of the bug.  Needless to say we have been eating comfort food.  

Finally today she has a little of her spunk back and I may be able to send her back to school tomorrow.  I am on a cleaning spree, cloroxing everything.  I can not believe March is Sunday.  This winter has flew by for me.  Chrissie, no crocus or daffodils peaking through here, but it seems birds are returning.  When I returned from Florida my car was not buried as much as I thought it would be but I had to dig out my driveway before I could even pull in!  We are covered in white still here, but no more snow this week.  

Tina and Donna, you two are the star pupils in this food war.  Chrissie, I am glad you are still losing, that is indeed progress.  I am holding, not really where I wanted to be right now :(

Well the sheets just buzzed, off to make beds

Good evening everyone,

For some reason I haven't been able to log on, it kept saying 'error', but the fact I am writing now shows the bug is resolved.   Tina, what a relief your interviews are over, I hope they let you know sooner rather than later, it is a tense time waiting.  I'm going to look at the recipe for  the cauliflower biscuits too, they sound rather nice.  

Donna, I'm thrilled your test results are good for you. :)  :). I'm sure your doc won't mind you loosing a little weight if you feel better for it

Lori, it's a shame your plans got scuppered but you gotta do what you gotta do.  It certainly sounds something viral, but glad you and your daughter are recovering.  I know what you mean about the house, If I've ever had a tummy bug in the house it gets bleached from top to bottom, everything in the fridge gets chucked too; probably an excessive response but you just don't want to think of bugs breeding! 

I've probably lost a bit more weight because we've been having some minor family dramas; but where my children are involved in squabbling - even though they are adult, it makes my stomach shrivel!   Not the healthiest way to loose actually! 

Still no snow here where I live but the road we went over to the Lake District at the beginning of the month has been blocked; it is a very steep and winding pass, and the snow came down suddenly so several drivers were caught out and there were some accidents, thankfully no fatalities though.   It's been a couple of years since there was so much snow here that we had to dig out the drive.  What a welcome home from your holiday Lori.

Back to work for me tomorrow, I've had four nights off, lovely! 

Take care all, C x

I have kind a lost it - well slightly... I meant today to be compliant - and gave in to some more crackers and cream cheese. and 3 cookies... auuuugggghhh

It is all because I am 'bored' and I didn't eat enough at dinner.. I had a burger and a round of roasted cabbage... I don't have enough veggies on hand.  I have some turnip and parsnips that I was going to simmer and add to the cube steaks but decided I really didn't like the cube steaks so they got tossed before I added the veggies.  So I guess it is time for another stew or roast.  I seem to do much better if I go big or go home !   then I have leftovers to keep me on plan.

I have chicken and fresh pineapple, peppers so I am going to make pina colada chicken for lunch tomorrow.  I was going to make it tonight - but a case of the lazies has taken over.

I have bought myself a new couch ... a nice red couch.  Makes me happy to look at it.  I wish I would have bought it years ago- but couldn't ever find the RIGHT one.  Little by little - surrounding my self with things that make happy.  Ok  Happier.

Does anyone use a pressure cooker  or an Insta Pot ?   I've been tossing around the idea of getting one but not sure if it is really worth the money.

anyone have thoughts?

A red couch sounds really cosy!   I think we should only get things that give us pleasure :) , sometimes happiness doesn't come easy!     I have a pressure cooker, I love it.  sometimes I just use it as a big regular pan (no pressure) if I am doing a heap of root veg.  Pressure cooking potato for example - a moment too long and you end up with potato soup!   So, it is great for soups and stewing tough meat, boiled gammon etc.  I find it very useful cos my hubby needs his meats so soft and tender.   And when it is summer and you don't want to have the oven on low for hours slow cooking because it makes the house hot, the pressure cooker can do the job in an hour.  It needs a little bit of supervision - just to turn the gas down when it comes up to pressure.  but it doesn't explode if the water runs out or it gets too much pressure because it's got a safety valve that vents the steam (that only happened to me once).   The only downside is that when it's done cooking you cannot open it straight away, but you can cool it under a tap if you are desperate to get to the contents!    There you are, my quick guide to pressure cooking!    :D

I'm going shopping today to stock up the freezer which is run down.  I hope I behave and don't get tempted into naughty stuff!

good afternoon - I will be back to posting everyday - because it is what keeps me on the straight and narrow.   So if you don't care what I have eaten for the day - just skip over !!  ^_^

M1 2 scramble eggs with 2 'biscuits'

M2 will be cauliflower with pina colada chicken 

M3  - unfortunately will be on the road as I need to take my dear daughter clothes shopping and I work tomorrow.  I will try and get a salad. 

I am very stiff today - my hip is bothering me - and couldn't get into the back snapper, and no yoga (ok classroom yoga) until the 7th.   I do have a yoga CD that I may pull out and see how it compares to what I have learned.   I was just warned it is best to learn from a yogi first before trying on your own - cuz you could hurt yourself

I started card making again with a friend, and forgot how relaxing it is. so we have agreed on dates - in pen.. to keep it up.

Ok well back to work

goooooooood   Moooorning my friends !  It is a beautiful day - the sun is shining.......still very cold - but I'm inside working.

So last night was not a salad...   but  3 pieces of bbq chicken pizza and 1 doughnut and 2 cauliflower biscuits.    a Tad disappointed in myself about the pizza - but only a tad, because all my other food for the day was good.   The doughnut was a splurge - have not had that particular brand in a long time  so I enjoyed it.

M1 was a cabbage bowl - but I used the liquid from the chili I made earlier in the week so it was a chili cabbage bowl. 
M2 and 3 will be pina colada chicken over broccoli.  ( eating both at work -)

I will be working hard here at work while everyone is off enjoying the day.  Hope you are all well

Working here too Tina. It's a 24 hour shift for me. Crazy morning. I have been gone 2 1/2 weeks from here and have much catching up to do. Hopefully will still get some down time this afternoon.

Food, still need to work in that. But trying to be conscious.

Talk of another snow storm coming. These last couple weeks have been very wintery. Happy Saturday

Good morning ladies.  Thanks for the recipe Tina.  i am eager to try it. As long as you enjoyed the doughnut that's what counts. Keep on posting I like to read what you eat because sometimes it gives me ideas. About the Insta Pot and or pressure cooker.  I have thought of getting one off and on but keep deciding I really don't need one. i don't work so I am not usually in a rush to cook something.  I looked on Amazon and there were some bad comments and for what it cost i decided not to buy.  There are also good comments like Chrissie but I also read the bad so I know what the problems  could be and how bad.

I forgot to say I have had pizza since the whole 30. It was from Papa Murphy's. I don't know if you have them near you but it's a take and bake place with all fresh ingredients and they have thin crust and glutton free crust choice.  Not as big and cheesy like say round table (my favorite) but doable. Pizza is my favorite cheat meal. I may have said that before.

My Doctor pretty much said what you did Chrissie if I feel better when I work out then I should do it even if I lose some weight. She just doesn't want me to go below 120.  She is having me get an ultra sound in my underarm area but down a little. There is one spot that feels like something is jabbing me with a sharp fingernail. She thinks it is scar tissue but wants to be careful.

Chrissie I know how you feel about your kids getting along.  It hurts me I think more then them when my kids are on the outs.

Yesterday I had gluten free cereal for m1  I do that about once a month. BLT w/avocado in lettuce leaf for lunch and a big salad w/left over chicken on top for dinner. Made my own spicy ranch salad dressing.  Was good Doug even like it.

Have a wonderful week end ladies and Lori I hope the storm isn't to bad.

me again !

I meant to tell you Chrissie- My heart is with you - it is so difficult - my own family squabbles (my sisters) and I know how hard it is on my mom.  I try to not crab too much to her.   It is easy on me cuz I just ignore both of them !!   I choose my battles carefully.

oh this working until 7 is killin me !!    I should have brought some card making materials and worked on those..  don't get me wrong I like it when we are slow - but today my mind wanders

Last night I had one heck of a leg cramp - and it last for almost 2 hrs... nothing work for getting rid of it.. I finally got up and hobbled into the kitchen and got an ice pack out of the freezer...   that helped ease it a bit and then enough for me to fall asleep.   I know ( or rather I've been told ) that my calf muscles are too tight - but when I try to stretch them - it sends me right into having these cramps.   very frustrating.

I hope tonight is better - as I have little man tomorrow and need all the energy I have to keep up with him !

Ok  I fixed the cauliflower biscuits tonight. They are very good.  Tina when you eat the leftover ones have you ever eaten them cold.  Are they good that way.

I went shopping today and stocked up on veggies. I cooked ahead some ground beef with onion and garlic to use in different ways. I think tomorrow night with a mixed veggie bag of cruciferous veggies. I know. I just won't over do but they are good for me also. Then another night for sloppy joe's sweet potato.

I also got a stuffed chicken breast at whole foods so there are 3 meals I don't have to think about. The biscuits will go with all of them.

Tina are you in Insurance type work?  I am going to ask the nutritionist at the natural grocers store what to do for leg cramps.  i know they talked about it in one of the classes but I can't remember what she said.

Oops lost what I wrote, got to try again!   

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a good weekend.   Tina did you have fun with your little fellow today and I hope you get a solution to the leg cramps.     

Donna, what are sloppy joe's?   

Lori, I hope you don't get too much more snow  now it is nearly spring, are you all caught up with work again?

I've just finished 3 nights, I'm looking forwards to a bubbly bath and early night tonight!  

There's been a big debate on the radio about 'industrial' food v whole food this afternoon, it was interesting to listen to from the W30 perspective, with the advocate for industrial food being very persuasive about trusting food manufactures!   There was no real resolution at the end of the debate, I guess you have got to do something like the W30 to actually experience the difference yourself.    

Just making omelette for tea tonight, feeling lazy! 

take care all,

C x

Good Afternoon...  1/2 way through my long Monday ! still have 4.5 left .. augh 

I'm glad that you like the biscuits !  I really do enjoy them

M1 and 2 yesterday were good - but then I really didn't eat after that - we took little Monster man to Chuck E Cheese.  I ate mr's crust - and no ill affects..

I did marathon cooking last night and this morning... had a roast in the crockpot over night - baked butternut squash, acorn squash and sw potatoes. Made salmon patties and grilled asparagus - (this is one meal my dear daughter will eat)  I bought 3 lbs of gr pork for some meatballs... daughter also like the breakfast meatballs (from paleomg.com) has shredded sw potatoes and shredded mushrooms, bacon and maple syrup.  I usually leave out the bacon/syrup but I may make 1/2 a batch with the bacon/syrup for her...anything to get her to eat !

M1 was hash w/ roast beef, 2 over easy eggs, mushrooms, sw potatoes  & white potatoes.

M2 was salmon patties and asparagus

M3  is going to be left over pina colada chicken w/ broccoli and asparagus

No exercising tonight - I'm sure I will be sacked out on the couch. 

well I made it through yesterday... barely - ended up very stiff and sore... I took a muscle relaxer- I must be doing the Olympics in my sleep because I wake up so sore... then 9 hrs at a desk yesterday didn't help.

I did not snack when I got home - wanted to... but I refrained (it was after 8:30 too)  

Today M1 was another hash w/ 2 eggs

M2 will be roast beef and broccoli and alittle bit of roasted cabbage.

M3 will be a salad...   no real protein for that one - so I may hit up the cafeteria and see if they may have some cut up chicken that I can add.

good morning - back to cold weather ... brrrr turned on the fireplace last night cuz I just couldn't get rid of the chill. Finally managed to get to the back snapper - have been in some pain for the last few days and was totally out of whack - but he fixed it for now and I will go back Friday to keep it up.

M1 was roast beef and roasted cabbage
M2  roast beef w/ turnips/parsnips & carrots that I sauted them to give them a little browness and added to the broth.  I don't know what made it sweet - but my stoup is sweet now !   stoup = not quite soup and not quite stew !  LOL

M3 - I'm taking my kid out for dinner... 

hope everyone is doing well - missing the stories - so feel free to come on and just share your day !!!   ;)

Good morning all

Chrissie sloppy joe's are ground meat in a barbecue type tomato sauce w/ onion and spices.  Then put in a hamburger bun so it is a sloppy hamburger. Very tasty but the one i made is paleo and it goes into or over a sweet potato. No bun. It's not pretty but it's good.

I am going to make the biscuits again. They are and easy go to vegetable like butternut squash soup for breakfast or lunch.

Tina what kind of beef roast do you cook in the crock pot.  Do you brown it first and is it more roasted or do you put a lot of liquid so it is simmered like.

I have a couple in the freezer and were not sure if they were crock pot material. Maybe you can put any kind in there I am not sure.

Donna   my favorite is a chuck roast... but any roast works great in the crock pot, and stew meat and chicken...   I have a pork shoulder waiting to go in tomorrow.    and No  I didn't brown it - I know a lot of people do and I do sometimes if I have time,- but this time I did not.  it is just as good without browning it.

my favorite is - 1 pkg of Italian dressing (dry) and 1 pkg of ranch (dry)  sprinkle over the roast -  OK  I lied.. I do not use the entire pkg  I use about 1/2..my daughter adds a pkg of brown gravy (dry)   I do not because I have not found one that is not to salty or taste good (too me anyway)  and then I add onions to the bottom of the pot, put the roast on top and then about a 1 cup of water..   I thicken it with Arrowroot powder instead of flour or corn starch.   works exactly the same.

and pork I have not used the above seasonings  - I like rosemary with my pork. 

well good morning - feeling a little lonely out here .....  :(

So I did not get the job - had a rough day on Thursday but pulled myself by my bootstraps and carrying on.  they (current position) offered me better hours so I am now working 8-4:30  until July.  Have decided to go ahead w/ working from home. ......  we will see how that goes.

Made the breakfast meatballs, roasted a pork roast in the crockpot,..  so meals should be easy this week as I have butternut and acorn squash and sw potatoes all cooked and waiting for me.   Brooke decided she didn't like the meatballs - but she did try them cold  (told her to warm it up !)

Yesterday I enjoyed 2 sniffers of apple pie moonshine -  also had some ice cream on Saturday... so have eaten off plan - but always get back on.  some of the foot pain returned - I'm wondering if the cheese from the pizza is causing it.  Still have not done the true intro... not sure why. probably cuz I really don't eat much of it.

M1 was butternut squash and meatballs

M2  acorn squash and meatballs

well - hope to hear from you all sometime in the future - miss our conversations.

happy tues -  last night order what was suppose to be a burrito but turned out to be a fajita. and some queso dip - wasn't worth the $15 I paid.   I ate the fajrrito (ha)and chips/cheese...  no veggies other than the onions/peppers in the wrap.  I felt ok  - more guilty than anything for not making a veggie to go with.

M1 was eggs and acorn squash - Boring !  but atleast I managed to eat a veggie

M2 is going to be a salad

M3 will be something with ground burger - not sure what.    If anyone is reading and has suggestions - I would gladly take them  I'm getting bored with my food

Hi Ladies

First congrats on the job.  Good for you.  I have always thought your meals sounded good and imaginative. Maybe you eat to many leftovers in a row.  Would it work to eat it twice and then freeze for a week or two later. That is what I tend to do when its lasts to long. One thing I really enjoy is getting a rotisserie chicken and make buffalo chicken lettuce wraps w/avocado for lunch,  Then another night have it on salad. Whole foods has them on sale for 2 for 15.00 every so often. I will shred one and put individual servings in baggies and freeze it. I am going to try freezing the cauliflower biscuits also. I like to dip egg plant in egg then almond flower and fry in coconut oil then. To heat up I fry in a little coconut oil again just enough to heat. The beef roast turned out good.

I also have always had trouble doing a true intro,  Like you I don't eat that much of the intro food or I eat a little of more then one.

I am going to tell you what I am doing exercise wise to try to keep myself accountable similar to what you are doing with your food.

I went to the gym Sat and did weights for my legs and walk a mile. Sunday I worked out for an hour at home. Did yoga and the exercises I learned at rehab to strengthen my hips.  Monday I  walked 2 miles and worked my arms at the gym. Last night I did a spin class followed by a yoga class. (didn't care for the yoga class)

I hope everybody is doing well.

Archived