Portable Fats

decker_bear

I'm still in the process of figuring out how much food is enough food to hold me over until the next meal, so I've started keeping a snack with me for "emergencies." You know, those times when if you don't eat something, you're fairly sure you're going to throw up or pass out or both. I find this is happening fairly regularly (which is a good indication I need to work on my meals), but in the interim I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a portable fat source besides nuts. I feel like I'm eating far too many of them. 

Thank you for your input! That's exactly what I do, I guess I should have specified that. The protein and veggie/fruit I've got down, it was the fat that was throwing me.  :ph34r: It hadn't occurred to me before, but there's an olive bar at my grocery store. I think I'll hit it up next time I'm there. Thank you! 

You're welcome.  :)  Be sure to ask what the grocery store olives are swimming in ... sometime the mixture contains sulfites (which are not compliant on a Whole30).

Just to clarify, on the fruit part, the recommendation is to have fruit as part of your main meals only - not as part of a snack. Too easy to fall into the trap of feeding the sugar dragon while snacking ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hard boiled eggs are a good fat/protein combo, an HBE thrown into a zippy bag and into your tote or purse at the beginning of the day is perfectly edible by the end, hard boiled eggs do not require constant refrigeration.

You can keep a jar of mayo in your work fridge so that if you lunch doesn't have enough fat, you can add the mayo? 

Archived