ShannonM816's Feb 2015 Whole30 Log

ShannonM816

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoy your log, too.  I think you're brave to post your food.  My cooking skills aren't as pretty as yours by a long shot.   You should see the way things plop and bounce off the floor.  All I can do is laugh, rinse it off and use the 5 second rule.

Crazy question - but how do you post the pictures as a "3 in 1"?  All I can figure out how to do is post thumbnails - and that is only from the iPad - haven't figured out how to post pics with the computer.....  I guess I am a little technically challenged.....

• Moderators

Crazy question - but how do you post the pictures as a "3 in 1"?  All I can figure out how to do is post thumbnails - and that is only from the iPad - haven't figured out how to post pics with the computer.....  I guess I am a little technically challenged.....

For the three in one pics, I use a collage maker app. I use Photo Grid, but I have an android phone, so I don't know if that particular one is available for iPhone/iPad, but I'm sure something is available. Then I just post the picture I create with that app here.

• Moderators

Day 1, again:

PhotoGrid_1425359969266.jpg

Breakfast: fried eggs, mashed sweet potato, sauteed spinach with walnuts & balsamic vinegar

Lunch: Chicken apple sausage, bok choy, yellow squash, zucchini, and a mint-lime kombucha

Supper: Ground beef with some mashed sweet potato, over baby spinach with avocado chunks

• Moderators

Day 2 (only day 2? Today was only Tuesday? It feels like it ought to be at least Thursday already.)

PhotoGrid_1425446018714.jpg

Breakfast: Leftover chicken-apple sausage with bok choy, zucchini, and yellow squash, scrambled with a couple of eggs.

Lunch: ground beef and potatoes with sauteed brussel sprouts and leeks and a grape kombucha

Supper: scrambled eggs, asparagus, and sweet potato with coconut oil

• Moderators

Day 3

PhotoGrid_1425539576618.jpg

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, brussel sprouts and asparagus

Lunch (sort of): a handful of pistachios. (I usually work from home, but needed to go to the office today. I thought I would be home in plenty of time for lunch, so I didn't take anything, but then it didn't work out quite how I planned. Pistachios were the only compliant thing in the vending machine.)

Supper: ground beef, potatoes, yellow squash, and zucchini, and a banana with pecan butter. And then I was still hungry, so had a little more ground beef and potatoes.

• Moderators

Day 4

PhotoGrid_1425624141586.jpg

Breakfast: ground beef with brussel sprouts and leeks, and an orange

Lunch: tuna salad (tuna, mayo, dill & garlic sauerkraut, and chopped green onions) and sliced cucumber

Supper: sauteed collard greens, ground beef & potatoes

• Moderators

Forgot to post the last couple of days, catching up now.

Day 5

PhotoGrid_1425798033279.jpg

Breakfast: ground beef, potatoes, zucchini and yellow squash

Lunch: seared duck breast, tomato & cucumber slices with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and Penzey's Sunny Paris seasoning, and roasted sweet potato with mayo for dipping

Snack, because I was working and couldn't fix real food: banana (I know, I know -- fruit by itself, big no-no.)

Supper: eggs and sauerkraut (and that plate is a bread plate, normally my meals are on full-sized dinner plates, so it's really not much food. But basically I ate and then went to bed, so I didn't want much food)

Day 6

PhotoGrid_1425797889213.jpg

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with mashed sweet potato, sliced tomato

Lunch: Tuna salad (tuna, mayo, pickles, tomato) with cucumber slices and a tangelo, and an apple-cinnamon-ginger kombucha

Supper: ground beef, zucchini and yellow squash, roasted sweet potato with mayo

post-35429-0-76127800-1425827856_thumb.j

• Moderators

Thanks Shannon... Enjoy reading this. I'm on day 8 and your meals are inspiring me, just shows what you can easily put together with a little bit of prep.

Thanks!

Day 8

PhotoGrid_1425879718263.jpg

Breakfast: Eggs scrambled with zucchini and yellow squash

Lunch: Chicken salad (chicken, mayo, half an apple, some walnuts), cucumber slices, the other half of the apple with almond butter

Supper: Lamb burger, sweet potato with avocado oil, collard greens with balsamic vinegar

• Moderators

Day 8 (I think I mislabeled that last post. Apparently I can't count.)

PhotoGrid_1426056307617.jpg

Breakfast: Eggs scrambled with sausage, zucchini, and yellow squash, and an orange

Lunch: Tuna salad and broccoli

Supper: Chicken thighs and sweet potato with coconut oil

Day 9

PhotoGrid_1426056129226.jpg

Breakfast: Zucchini, yellow squash, leeks, and broccoli with sausage, and coffee with coconut milk

Lunch: Tuna salad on spinach, sweet potato with avocado oil

Supper: Lamb burger, sauteed spinach, and a banana with almond butter

• Moderators

Look at you, chugging right along!

What are your favorite ways to eat compliant hot dogs? I have a package I took out of the freezer and am kind of lost. I'm thinking sauté with veggies like any other sausage and I might try the roasted sweet potato as bun trick. But other than that . . . ? Any inspired ideas to share?

• Moderators

Look at you, chugging right along!

What are your favorite ways to eat compliant hot dogs? I have a package I took out of the freezer and am kind of lost. I'm thinking sauté with veggies like any other sausage and I might try the roasted sweet potato as bun trick. But other than that . . . ? Any inspired ideas to share?

Hot dogs tend to be what I have when I'm not feeling inspired, so not really any inspired ideas :D. Sometimes I slice them up and sauté them with veggies, sometimes I slice them up and put them in my toaster oven on broil and just serve them alongside vegetables or mixed into a soup. I haven't tried the sweet potato as a bun trick, but it sounds good. Or make a wrap with whatever leafy green stuff you have on hand. Anything you do with any other sausage would probably work.

• Moderators

Thanks, Shannon. I ate two for dinner with a big salad and tried nestling them in sweet potatoes. Kinda weird. I'm not really into the mushy texture and sweetness, but now I know. . . . 

• Moderators

Thanks, Shannon. I ate two for dinner with a big salad and tried nestling them in sweet potatoes. Kinda weird. I'm not really into the mushy texture and sweetness, but now I know. . . . 

Mushiness would defeat the purpose of putting it in a "bun," I would think. I hadn't really thought about that. Maybe I'll just skip that idea.

• Moderators

Days 10 and 11  -- forgot to take pictures. My food wasn't very pretty anyway, so not a big loss. Let's see if I can remember what I ate.

Day 10

Breakfast: Sweet potato, zucchini, yellow squash and beef bacon hash topped with fried eggs

Lunch: More of the hash with a lamb burger and a banana with almond butter

Supper (eaten very late when I got home from work) some beef bacon 

(I tried the beef bacon on a whim, when I ordered some other stuff from US Wellness Meats. It was ... different. Not awful, but not really bacon. I probably won't order it again.)

Day 11

Breakfast: Eggs scrambled with zucchini and squash.

Lunch: Chicken salad made with may and some garlic-dill sauerkraut

Supper: the last of the sweet potato, zucchini, yellow squash and beef bacon hash, with some sausage, a banana with almond butter.

• Moderators

Day 12 

PhotoGrid_1426485157828.jpg

Breakfast: Baked sweet potato topped with ground beef and garlic dill sauerkraut

Lunch: Baked chicken thighs and stir-fried broccoli and squash with chopped cashews

Supper: Ground beef stir fried with broccoli slaw, drizzled with sesame oil

Day 13

PhotoGrid_1426454878573.jpg

Breakfast: Ground beef with sauteed collard greens, sliced tomato

Lunch: Salmon salad (salmon, mayo, Deliciously Dill spice blend, tomato), strawberries, apple cinnamon kombucha

Supper: ground beef, roasted sweet potato, asparagus

Day 14

PhotoGrid_1426475881355.jpg

Breakfast: Eggs scrambled with asparagus, stawberries

Lunch: Tuna salad (tuna, mayo, garlic dill sauerkraut, tomatoes) over spinach, apple with almond butter, apple cinnamon kombucha

Supper: roasted butternut squash, grape tomatoes, SB&J Burger but with almond butter instead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

wow, am so inspired by your meals (even the hot doggy ones :) I'm only on day 2, and loved looking through your photo posts as I pull myself out of this Whole30 Forum k-hole.

did you end up finishing the whole30?

I'm rather embarrassed to have to say I did not finish this Whole30. I kept at it for a little while after I stopped posting on this thread, and then just sort of stopped. I'm not sure why I had so much trouble with this one, I've done it before, but despite knowing that I needed to make this commitment, and despite knowing all the rules, I just didn't stick with it. 

I'm currently starting a post-W30 log here, with at least some food pics.

Archived