Whole 7 + 30: Ready(or not) - Hep

Nadia B

Lady M, because it sounded fun and I was inspired by setting goal numbers not related to my weight?

Sara, true story, I promised myself a weekend of sweet doing nothing.

Pjena (look, I must have skipped your real name in your log, so if you don't mind, help?) Haha it was supposed to be today. I cowardly rescheduled. I saw a workout, figured it will be challenging (running a lot at the sprint pace and we know I hate running) so I couldn't afford a meltdown.

Pre wo none. Gym has challenged me big time. So glad I didn't bike today, I'd be dead. Heavy farmers carrys, slamballs and crawls (people they are so good for your gym game, get crawling! Now! All!) while 2 people complete 4 sprints each on the curve. I don't remember last one at all, I couldn't feel anything, I was sure I will throw up. Sorry this is a little graphic. I am glad I did it, just read about controlled and supervised fatigue training, teaching bodies to push through. I asked my coach to be close and watch me/command to get off the curve.

Apple post wo, can't stomach anything. No plank today, I was too tired. 

M3. Grilled eggplant, tomatoes and a venison burger. Thank God J has a grill. I needed more starch in there. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 11. 

7 am M1. 2 eggs, brussel sprouts, sundried tomatoes and 1/2 small avocado. Perfect breakfast. 

Bike ride felt easy today. Decent sleep helped for sure. Pretty views and my favorite tunes all the way. 

8 AM M1.1 Coffee, 1/2 plantain and 2 bites of venison patty. Sort of poswo, but I just felt hungry because breakfast was not big enough. I am freaking out a bit about the burgers I bought yesterday. I am breaking out as my face is flushing red and I have itchy rashes. Same thing happened last night. I think the butcher did not tell me the complete list of ingredients. 

12:30 pm M2. Kale pepitas salad, bell peppers, red mini potatoes with venison patty. Small apple. 

3 pm M3. Hungry! Real hungry. Bell peppers and a duck egg. Eat all thingssssss. 

No gym, just 3:40 min plank and active recovery biking to work and back to bf's house. 33 km is a good distance. I am having trouble not going to workout. It looks fun. This is why they have my money, they make me feel the real FOMO. Breathe and rest! I promised myself! 

Planned M4. We are going out tonight. I might have a dinner there as it looks like I can get pan seared halibut and charred cabbage from the dinner menu. Pan seared might mean butter though. If not, then I will have some compliant meal off the office fridge before going out. I am not great friends with everyone there and I have a bit of anxiety of being pressured about drinking. They think "I don't drink" means something else apparently. 

Current mood (and this AM bike ride view): 

FA2BE69C-1679-4DE8-AD56-C2C669890BD7_zps

I usually just tell people "boy it's so annoying but as I get older alcohol makes me not sleep darn it."  Then they sympathize / empathize with me instead of pressuring me.  And it stops the rumors.  Though I'm old enough that isn't people's first thought anymore... 

(Jen :P )

Good God, another night partying with a food drama. I was all worried about not drinking, but as proven multiple times, if I don't make a deal of it and make a couple jokes about it, noone cares. I got to the meeting place by 7 having the confirmation from a friend that he (and other people) will have dinner there. Well it didn't happen, everyone was just standing up and chatting. I was starving! I should have ordered regardless. While at this hang out I made plans with other friends. Long story short, around midnight I just went to the convenience store, got hard boiled eggs, apple and you know it, trail mix. I got the large pack with organic mix sans dried fruits. I didn't have a purse, so my jacket pockets were stuffed with individual packs. I didn't see anything that I could have possibly eaten at any point of the night so I was hungry all night. Woke up with a tummy ache and crazy hunger which was expected. Little sleep + no proper food is a terrible combo for a day. I need to stay calm and template-ish as much as I can today.

Day 12.

M1. 2 eggs, tomatoes, brussel sprouts and 1 strip of bacon. 1 pack of nuts, which is conveniently a handful sized. Stuffed the remaining packs in the far corner of a cupboard.

Rest day meaning biking everywhere. Feeling super rough and hungry. I really need to figure out my party eating plan, because nothing is gonna change, I date a party goer.

M2. Went to the market to the seafood grill. Grilled octopus, pile of salad and shared fries. i know they are out. First they are compliant, second they were crucial to my fullness level, I needed to feel satiated or I'd lose my mind. Third, I have zero emotional attachment to potatoes. Boom, I own my decision. Kombucha to aid the tums and naps in the park with J.

M3. Team effort dinner. Grilled pork chops, kale blueberry salad, baked squash and apple/onions chutney (with the broth made from smoked chicken). Took 20 minutes and 4 hands. Feeling calm a d good. Tumms is alright. Plopping on the couch next to the grill master and allow myself to stay still.

How was your weekend everyone?

Day 13.

10 am M1. 2 eggs, plantain, 1/2 avocado, sundried tomatoes. Coffee.

I am in that weird mode when my muscles are fatigued, my limbs go numb and I feel like crying. Also weird thing with the libido. Sorry TMI. I guess I overtrained so my thyroid is tanking again. I also feel like I am leaning out a bit, I wonder if it's an estrogen issue. Biking around all day. Bf doesn't really care for food timing or anything, so I might have food trouble again.

4 pm M2. Turkey breast, carrots and guac. Apple and blueberries. Everything was eaten in the park. Mellow afternoon on the grass.

7:30 pm M3 naked burrito bowl and a banana while watching J's soccer game. Bike ride home. 

Sounds like lots of lovely bike time.  We finally had a beautiful weekend and it was so nice to feel the sunshine on my skin.  I hope you are feeling better after your sort of restful weekend (all that bike riding still!).

Maybe you just have to eat a full meal pre-party and then if you want to have something small and compliant when out, go for it?

Sounds like lots of lovely bike time. We finally had a beautiful weekend and it was so nice to feel the sunshine on my skin. I hope you are feeling better after your sort of restful weekend (all that bike riding still!).

Maybe you just have to eat a full meal pre-party and then if you want to have something small and compliant when out, go for it?

Sounds great, vitamin D all he way. Everyone is much nicer when the sun is out too. Right on with the big meal, the problem is that I always fail to plan that big meal and have to scramble as a punishment.

Day 14.

Slept like a log for 9 hours straight. We didn't hear the alarm. Woke up 5 minutes before leaving but I have superpowers of getting ready real quickly. I felt really disoriented and tired on my way to work. Forecast shows rain all afternoon so no biking today.

7 am. Deconstructed M1. Pack of seed/nut mix. Emergency food! I wish I had time to fry an egg.

8 am. M1.2 Chicken and plantain at the office. Coffee chased by another one. Can't.Wake.Up.

1 pm M2. Kale salad with avocado as dressing. Snap peas, fish roe and salmon.

PreWo handful of random seeds and nuts (gosh darn it)/gym/postwo (turkey, banana). Squats and rowing today. Pretty mellow which is good. BOD analysis today, but I can handle it. Right? Right?

M3. Aforementioned turkey and banana chased by 3 little figs. I know how it's not optimal. I was hungry but I have been fighting with J the entire day, so I didn't feel like cooking at all. Just went to bed at 9pm. 

This weekend passed by way too quickly. Need more sunshine and naps in the grass under the cherry trees. Preferably with the dog again. Look at my snuggle buddy this Sunday.

BF5D92E0-4564-4381-B18F-DF40561741D5_zps0C565EF5-0F5F-45F9-8604-D95BFF37377B_zps

Day 15. Half way!

I am just starting to get closer to the template. I have been slacking on meditation front a bit. I have been slacking on the planking front. I just can't get my sh*t together it seems. Also I am waking up with the sore tummy every morning for a week. I sleep on it though, I wonder if it matters?

7 am M1. 1/2 plantain and 2 eggs in dead silence except of angry bf slamming the doors of cupboards. Not enough food yesterday and not enough food this morning.

Coffee.

11 am M2. Broccoli and salmon. Avocado + strawberries + 1 fig.

6 pm M3. Bareburger with a friend after work. Thank Gods of All Things Green, this place have collard green wrapping. Wild boar burger and duck bacon, pickles and tomato with onions. Shared sweet potato fries with a friend. 100% compliant in ingridients and 100% non-complaint in a spirit. Didn't care much for them, the meat was outstanding. Also, I appreciated detailed menu with indication of oils, spices and everything else.

M4. Random bites my parents had - eggplant and chicken bites. few cashews but stopped myself. Kombucha.  

Long walk with my friend after work, a haircut (stress coping) and foam rolling/planking.

P.S I had my BOD done and the coach accidentally slipped and got me an idea where I am at. Normally I'd be very upset but I wasn't for some reason. Getting mad when something isn't happening gets old after some time. It's merely annoying. Good news is that Mr. Churchill would call me very successful, thanks for the giggles, LoveBotTheRobot (the board says: success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm).

F37BE7F7-F9E7-4A72-A19B-CFC3E4A5CEAB_zps

Half way already?  When did that happen?

Uh-oh, hope the angry bf isn't a big deal...

Glad you are in a calm place after hearing the BOD results.  It isn't like hearing the results changes anything, so hopefully you are able to keep the calm mindset in place.

Half way already?  When did that happen?

Uh-oh, hope the angry bf isn't a big deal...

Glad you are in a calm place after hearing the BOD results.  It isn't like hearing the results changes anything, so hopefully you are able to keep the calm mindset in place.

I feel like this one is dragging forever haha. Nope, the biggest fights are always about the most stupid stuff, aren't they? Plastic vs wooden hangers for example.  :angry:  Well, usually I'd get all anxious and throw a massive pity party. 

I would in no way say you're "going from failure to failure"!

Well, maybe the flaw is in the measuring system  :mellow:

See this is what I get for blanket ignoring the Whole30 log section...I miss what's going on in Nadia land! Now I won't miss anymore.

Says Moderator  :P  Nadialand is dramatic as usual. Let's talk nails haha.  

Day 16.

Woke up at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. 3:50 min plank with the ridiculously sore butt. Woo woo.

6:30 am M1. 2 eggs, caviar, green beans/beets/broccoli. Coffee and another one at the office. 

11:45 M2. Plantain + chicken + carrots + guac.

PreWo/gym/PostWo TBD

Planned M3. Hanging out with my friend after the gym. I suggested we buy take out and sit by the lake. This is all I want, to calm down from all the stress that piles up in my life again. Just sit by the water. 

Says Moderator  :P  Nadialand is dramatic as usual. Let's talk nails haha.  

Mine are pink right now! I did them Saturday night and they are surprisingly not very chipped. ;-)

3:50 min plank? Dang girl!

Ha that's what I am talking about. Mine are boring sour cherry color. I have a pack of fun jamberry nails thought, I need to use them. They look great and are durable enough to withstand kitchen duties.

Day 16. Part 2.

Pre wo plantain, guac and chicken. It was really just a mini-meal. WOD was good. Single leg deadlifts turn my legs into mush. Conditioning was brutal but short. Post WO - planned to go right to the dinner, but ate an apple on my way to the friend's place.

M3. My friend got the dinner at the Greek place. I ordered Greek turned not so Greek salad sans onions and feta and souvlaki. They forgot my souvlaki so I went into the supermarket and showed up with the whole roasted chicken at my friend's door. #whole30problems. Lake walk didn't happen as Mr. Angry Pants showed up and the arguing commenced all over again. Not fun.

Day 17.

M1. 1/2 plantain, chicken drumstick. Coffee.

Bike ride, felt terribly emotional and disoriented. Dropped my bike, entire kombucha bottle leaked into my gym clothes and I've dropped my phone and cracked the screen. F**king great. Took a deep breath, locked my bike and went to sit right by the lake. Calmed down, biked to work and made an executive decision not to worry anymore today.

M2. Chicken, salad with pepitas, guac, bell peppers and strawberries.

M3. Hunger attack! Chicken, baby carrots (like A LOT) and a handful of blackberries. I am not sure what happened today but do I really want to know? It's not the worst stuff I could have eaten.

GYM/PostWO TBD. Absolute sweat fest. Got my chicken ready.

M4. Biked another half an hour home to find amazing dinner cooked for me. Smoked pork belly, rosemary mini potatoes, green beans (with burnt garlic chips that I ate with my fingers of the skillet) and a shared large apple to finish it off. Epic meal. Peace is restored in the homestead of J.

My zen view was pretty rad, eh?

B5B8E16C-D808-4A54-8C38-018E75970901_zps

I have a friend that is always trying to get me to try the jamberri (jamberry?) things. She said its super easy. I watched her do one nail on a friend and was like NOPE. Too complicated for me. I'd rather paint my nails. I will say that because of my Julep subscription I have a very crazy amount of polish now. Probably time to go through and weed some out in fact. Mine are chipping so need to do them soon. 

Love the picture! So beautiful!

Sorry about your bike ride mishap. No worry sounds like an excellent executive decision.

Bethany, they are a bit of extra work, but nothing crazy hard. They last for 10 days with cooking and cleaning, which wins my heart. i am doing one-two fingers for a fun look sometimes. I have stopped buying nail polishes, my collection was getting out of control. 

LadyM, yeah by breaking phones and bikes  :P  Don't get too inspired! 

Day 18. 

Sleep of the dead, hello. Very very late for work because all is good and morning bear hugs are better than doing hair or putting makeup on. 

7:30 am M1. Chicken, slice of pork belly (even better cold) and sundried tomatoes.

Bike ride. Hamstrings are very tight.

9 am. M2. Chicken and 1/2 banana. Coffee.

11:30 M3. Hungry. Sprouts, 2 small potatoes, bell peppers with guac and a piece of chicken. 

3:30 M4.  :huh:  oh boy oh boy, I still want to eat. More sprouts, one more small potato, chicken piece and a duck egg. 1/2 avocado and an apple the size of my head. 

Decided against the gym despite the peer pressure of a fellow gym member. Screw that, I need to rest. I am not beat up at all (I guess dedication to eating around workouts finally pays off) but I feel that I don't want to go hard today. Yoga class would be lovely. I will do that. 

Weird part: little skin irritations broke out all of a sudden after M 3. Should I stop the nightshades party? 

Now here is the important part of my night. I will put extra effort into eating a satisfying meal before going out. I can do it, no more trail mix convenience store runs at 2am  :wacko:

Daily biking view. Sara, I always think that you'd probably love to run here. 

84201A8D-43A6-4538-912C-5B2CA5D404D1_zps

• Moderators

Decided against the gym despite the peer pressure of a fellow gym member. Screw that, I need to rest. I am not beat up at all (I guess dedication to eating around workouts finally pays off) but I feel that I don't want to go hard today. Yoga class would be lovely. I will do that. 

Weird part: little skin irritations broke out all of a sudden after M 3. Should I stop the nightshades party? 

OK, OK. Maybe breaking shit isn't the best kind of conflict resolution, but still. Going to be by water to calm yourself is.

Yay for taking care of yourself by resisting peer pressure and choosing yoga over the gym!

Yes, I'd back off the nightshades if I were you. Tomatoes and peppers, especially raw ones, for sure. Eggplant too. Potatoes don't bother me as much, but I worry about the dearth of compliant starches you can tolerate. What's working for you these days besides plantains? Anything?

I love this part  of lakeshore - it's so peaceful....

Yes the nightshade battle to see what the right balance is!  Small amount okay.  Larger amount - psoriasis flare!  Hello?  When did I get psoriasis????  Apparently I have psoriasis.  Not surprising since I have 3 other AI skin conditions.....

Great to hear that you were able to handle stress and calm yourself down. I've gotten better for that too.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend! 

Archived