I decided I want to LIVE

Dnnasttn

See, I'm the opposite. I'm so curious about my weight. Grrrrr. I can feel my pants getting more loose and I have a doctor's appointment in the 2nd week of June. I know I'm going to be weighed, so I'm thinking of just waiting until then and seeing what it says. I'm technically not weighing myself. We'll see.

Congrats on the loose pants.  I'm sure you're doing great!  Power on!!!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got rid of my scale. Scales are not our friends. Getting it out of your house will be liberating.

Your post and others have really made me think about my relationship with the scale.  The good days, the bad days and the downright UGLY feeling it has given me.  I'm doing W30 to be free of addictions and old attachments.  I'll let you know when it's gone for good!  THANK YOU

OMGosh, it's Day 29.  Have I really not posted the last 2 days???  

Day 28 meals:

M1:  summer squash (squoodles), 3 eggs, ghee

M2:  chicken breast, a ton of spinach and mixed greens, walnuts and homemade zingy ginger dressing

M3:  leftover chicken breast, zoodles, mayo, olives, handful of bing cherries

I was a bit lazy yesterday... first day of a week's vacation.

Saturday, Day 29:

The pool opens today!!  Yay, I'm a summer girl for sure.  The long cold winter makes me dream of this day.  I don't care how cold the water is - I'm going in.  My muscles respond really well to a workout in the water.

M1:  3 eggs, sweet potato with ghee, apple slices

M2:  chicken, summer squash, bing cherries

M3:  grilled pork tenderloin, broccoli, mayo with various spices

I love the idea of printing out that list and putting it in place of the scale. (In my house, the scale is in front of the full-length mirror!) 

I know it was a long time ago, but I'm sorry your sister called you mean names.  :(  :(

I have been wanting to swim, too, and my work gym has a really nice pool but it's been under construction all spring. I should check and see when if the renovation is complete yet.

Good morning!  Today is DAY 30!!!!  I can't believe how my choices have changed since my first post.  This challenge has flipped a switch in my brain and freed me from a feeling of helplessness and sugar addiction.  I'm not stopping at Day 30... I have no need to.  I'm not craving anything, I'm enjoying cooking and challenging myself to try new veggies and spices.  The scale is in the donate pile.  I'm down at least a full size in clothing and will be donating a few big bags of the former size.  I look forward to the day when my doc says I can drop a medication or two and I will work to make that happen.  I'm inspired to help others (like my younger sister who has just been told she's pre-diabetic and that breaks my heart).  I can move better, think better and stay awake without caffeine (I have 2 cups of black coffee before noon each day and that is a vast improvement from before W30).  I could gush on and on but I need to get moving!  Many, many thanks to all of you who have helped me this last month!  

M1:  2 eggs, mushrooms, ghee

M2:  shrimp, broccoli, ginger dressing, peach

M3:  2 Applegate hotdogs, 3 Bubbies pickles, kalamata olives and 2 giant strawberries

Day 32:

M1:  2 breakfast sausages, celery with almond butter

M2:  ground beef with grilled eggplant and tomato, strawberries

M3:  2 eggs over zoodles and grilled eggplant, ghee

The strawberries are so good right now.  I have to buy them sparingly or it could be a no-brakes situation!

Day 33:

Was so busy this morning that I totally missed meal 1.  Bad!  

M1:  apple

M2:  2 Applegate hotdogs w/mustard, sweet potato w/ghee

M3:  chicken, broccoli, red pepper with ginger dressing; bing cherries

Still feeling great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 34!

M1:  2 eggs w/ghee, sauteed zucchini 

M2:  Applegate hotdog, celery with almond butter

M3:  3 mini-burgers with mustard, watermelon, grilled summer squash

I've been on a stay-cation all week so I'm prepping food and dressings to carry me through a week or two.  Next up - ketchup and a breakfast casserole like people have suggested to WholeMama.  Yum!

I never did get my day 31 massage but tomorrow will be pedi and pool day.  Good enough for me!

Have a nice evening, all.

Good morning!  I usually eat 2 hotdogs.  Occasionally I eat 3 eggs but with all the veggies I pile on it seems to make me TOO full.  I'm 5'4" and I guess my hands are smallish (??)... I'm going to attach a pic... if I need 3 I will eat 3!  I trust you all more than myself, still a newbie, so please let me know!  post-68363-0-05765600-1432896315_thumb.j

I'm a newbie, too.  ;)  The mods say that it's the number of eggs you can hold in one hand without dropping them. I can't really tell from the picture (although it does look like you have smallish hands!) if you could hold one more without dropping it or not.

Looks like you could add a third egg.  (I am 5'6" and can hold four)  But, you can also mix up your protein too:  2 eggs and a small sausage patty, or sausage crumbles in your veggies for example. 

I sometimes have friends that remind me to eat more because my meals look small (in writing).  Some times they are right, and other times I post pictures to show how much I really am eating :)  If you even find that you are getting hungry (or having cravings) between meals, feeling hungry before bed, feeling more tired than usual, or stop losing weight (stop moving into smaller clothes when you know you can) - think about increasing your portion sizes.  If we don't feed our bodies what they need, it will hold onto whatever we give it instead of letting go.

Day 36 was a beautiful day at the pool!  Lots of exercise... feeling good.

M1:  2 sausage patties, broccoli, mayo w/red pepper

M2:  2 Applegate hotdogs cooked in ghee, Bubbies pickles, bing cherries

M3:  pulled pork, mixed raw veggies, almonds, strawberries and melon

Hubby and I went to a birthday party this evening... I ate my M3 happily, but boy was there some junk food there!  I enjoyed the look and smell of the food but wasn't too tempted.  That would have been sooooo hard for me before W30... feeling grateful!

Day 37... this is starting to feel like normal life... normal healthy eating... love it!  Energy was great today - swam, walked, cleaned house, prepped some meals for the week and am running out of steam at the right time of night.  Sleep has been excellent over the last few weeks.

M1:  3 eggs w/ghee, asparagus, red pepper

M2:  turkey crumbles over zoodles with mayo, bing cherries

M3:  3 mini beef burgers, mixed greens w/olive oil and vinegar, sweet potato with ghee

Day 38:  Back to work after a 9 day vacation.  Sigh.  

M1:  2 boiled eggs, celery sticks with almond butter

M2:  2 hamburger patties, asparagus with lemon and olive oil, bing cherries

M3:  basil chicken, tomato sauce, mayo over zoodles and yellow squash

Today's food was not very exciting.  I need to mix it up tomorrow.  Maybe some fish would do the trick.

Day 39 flew by!

M1:  2 boiled eggs, celery with almond butter, apple

M2:  chicken, spring mix, kalamata olives, olive oil, vinegar, strawberries

M3:  chicken, prosciutto crumbles, grilled artichoke, grilled zucchini, ghee

It's storming outside so I can't go for a walk!  I'll make myself ride the stationary bike tonight.  It's boring with no scenery to look at but I guess I'll live.  haha

Archived