I decided I want to LIVE

Dnnasttn

Ha ha, you guys and your rings! I'm hoping my engagement band and wedding ring will fit again soon. I was very sad when my fingers got too fat and swollen a few years ago.

You are doing great, Donna! Both of you guys.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 75:

M1:  pork chop fried in coconut oil, cucumber

M2:  pork chop fried in coconut oil, green beans and sauerkraut, black olives

M3:  3 eggs, sweet potato with ghee, green beans

Had a food dream last night... first time.  I ate a donut and it had NO TASTE at all.  I was so mad because I ruined everything for nothing!  So glad it was just a dream.  

Day 76:

M1:  3 eggs, spinach, coconut oil, Frank's Red Hot

M2:  pork chop, green beans with sauerkraut

M3:  ground beef, tomato, zoodles, mayo, green pepper and spices (sooo good)

3-day weekend... woo hoo!

I'm having trouble with my back.  I think it may be the yoga but I hope not.  Didn't go tonight but will try again Sat. morning.  In VA, hot yoga = yoga outdoors.  Looking forward to swimming - that always helps! 

Yesterday was Day 77:

M1:  3 eggs, summer squash, ghee

M2:  pork chop, sauerkraut, zoodles, green pepper, mayo

M3:  3 Applegate hotdogs on bed of lettuce, sweet potato with ghee

I haven't intentionally given up fruit, but I noticed I haven't had much (any?) in a couple of days. 

And Day 78 begins!

Day 78:

M1:  3 eggs, green pepper, summer squash and sweet potato in ghee

M2:  chicken salsa with mixed greens, mayo and black olives

M3:  chicken salsa, green beans, poached pear with raspberry almond  (from W30 recipes --- soooooooo fresh tasting and good!)

Day 79: 

M1:  3 eggs, zoodles, ghee

M2:  1 Aidell's chicken/apple hotdog, small sweet potato with ghee and cinnamon, green beans and poached pear with rasperry almond 

M3:  haven't decided yet!

I have a challenge coming up next weekend.  I'm going to a huge flea market about 4 hours away and staying overnight.  So that will require about 5 meals on the road.  My plan is to pack a cooler with easy foods and pickled eggs (use the juice of your Bubbies pickles to soak boiled, peeled eggs in - so good).  I can probably take a couple of hotdogs and definitely bagged snow peas and carrots since I like them cold.  I'm glad to have this challenge -- I haven't had many opportunities to test my new food skills on the road.  I haven't eaten anything like bars or jerky on this journey - should I consider having something like that on hand, just in case?  We will definitely be getting our 10,000 + steps in per day.  

The poached pear with raspberry & almonds sounds delicious! Is it from the new Whole30 book?

Good luck with your challenge. A huge flea market sounds like fun. It sounds like you have some good solid ideas for meals on the road. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a couple of Epic bars or some compliant jerky (if you can find it) to carry in your purse at the flea market. You don't want to get lightheaded or something and not have anything on hand or be able to find anything at the flea market. (Since you probably won't be tucking pickled eggs into your pockets). 

The poached pear with raspberry & almonds sounds delicious! Is it from the new Whole30 book?

Good luck with your challenge. A huge flea market sounds like fun. It sounds like you have some good solid ideas for meals on the road. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a couple of Epic bars or some compliant jerky (if you can find it) to carry in your purse at the flea market. You don't want to get lightheaded or something and not have anything on hand or be able to find anything at the flea market. (Since you probably won't be tucking pickled eggs into your pockets). 

It's from It Starts with Food.  Good solution if you're having company for dinner.

Thanks for the suggestions... I think it would be best to be prepared so I'll go in search of Epic bars.   :)

Oh, good! I have that book.

On the Epic bars, the Bison one isn't compliant but other flavors are. I would read the label. I've seen them at Whole Foods here. I think they're a good emergency food because they're tasty but you're not going to confuse them with candy.  ;)

Day 80 (yesterday):

M1:  1 Aidell's chicken apple sausage and a whole cucumber

M2:  egg salad with pickle and mixed greens, peach

M3:  hamburger, sweet potato with ghee and last of the pear with raspberry (no green veggies - bad!)

Day 81 has just begun!

Day 82:

M1:  3 eggs with spinach and ghee

M2:  ground beef with tomato, black olives, spaghetti squash, lettuce, mayo, strawberries

M3:  2 applegate hotdogs with mustard, green beans, sweet potato with ghee

Having a cup of decaf coffee tonight.  

Energy is still great but exercise is not!  Too much time in front of my computer, I think.   :mellow:

Archived