I decided I want to LIVE

Dnnasttn

Travel and eat well - check!!!

Yesterday was Day 85 and I headed out of town with food packed, etc.

M1:  3 eggs scrambled with summer squash, ghee and Franks Red Hot sauce

M2:  2 hotdogs, mustard, strawberries, sweet potato with ghee

M3:  large salad of chopped greens and, chicken

Funny thing happened... lunch was supposed to be the 3 boiled eggs I had with me... except it turns out they weren't boiled.  Oops, that was messy.  :) 

Today is Day 86:

M1:  1 hotdog, orange

M2:  hamburger in lettuce wrap with slices of tomato at Five Guys on the way home; didn't feel like I was full so I had another hotdog

M3:  steak, large mixed green and cucumber salad, sweet potato with ghee

I think I did pretty well on the road and we had a great time!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is hilarious about the "hard boiled" eggs. I've been trying to picture what happened. Did you try to peel one?  :D

You did amazingly well on your road trip. A real challenge, and you rose to it!

I had 3 in a bag... took one out and gave it a good whack on the table to start peeling... you can imagine the rest!  

Day 87:

M1:  3 eggs with zoodles and summer squash and ghee

M2:  leftover steak and 1/2 sweet potato with ghee, cucumber, peach

M3:  chicken apple sausage, sauerkraut, mixed greens, sweet potato with ghee

Onward!!!

You are getting so close!

What is your plan for reintroduction? Are you doing a slow roll, or doing everything with the two day rule in between?

So close that I'm scared!  I don't have a plan for reintroduction.  I guess I need to think about it though.  I feel so good that the thought of adding anything and having stomach upset, lack of energy and cravings makes me nervous!  

Day 89:

M1:  3 boiled (actually boiled this time) eggs with Bubbies pickle and juice, mayo and celery sticks

M2:  chicken salsa with green beans, frozen grapes

M3:  planning to have a small burger with lettuce, tomato and mayo; probably some broccoli too

Day 89:

M1:  3 boiled (actually boiled this time) eggs with Bubbies pickle and juice, mayo and celery sticks

M2:  chicken salsa with green beans, frozen grapes

M3:  planning to have a small burger with lettuce, tomato and mayo; probably some broccoli too

Trust me!!! I feel the same way!!!

So close that I'm scared!  I don't have a plan for reintroduction.  I guess I need to think about it though.  I feel so good that the thought of adding anything and having stomach upset, lack of energy and cravings makes me nervous!

I continued my w30.... Occasionally I think "I'm really missing ice cream (candy, chocolate, etc)". Then I move on and that thought goes away.

I know that dairy upsets my stomach, so I know it's not worth it.

Maybe choose one or two things that you really miss, and try them. See if it's worth having those things occasionally. Live the w30 lifestyle if it's comfortable to you, but relax when it's a special occasion :)

I continued my w30.... Occasionally I think "I'm really missing ice cream (candy, chocolate, etc)". Then I move on and that thought goes away.

I know that dairy upsets my stomach, so I know it's not worth it.

Maybe choose one or two things that you really miss, and try them. See if it's worth having those things occasionally. Live the w30 lifestyle if it's comfortable to you, but relax when it's a special occasion :)

Very good advice!  I think my brain may have the message now so I need to trust myself.  I may try to reintro dairy at some point, but am in no rush!

Day 92:

The last 2 days have been wildly busy!  Sometimes I find it hard to work in a trip back home to fix a meal and eat.  But I do it!  I didn't log yesterday but had the usual eggs and squash for breakfast, chicken salsa with celery for lunch and ground beef with tomato, basil and broccoli.

I've been having a lot of back pain when I sit for more than a few minutes - ugh!  I finally treated myself to a therapeutic massage.  Hope it helps.

Looking forward to a beautiful summer day - having a yard sale, then going to the pool with an old friend.  I hope everyone has fun plans!

M1:  3 eggs, celery with almond butter

M2:  3 applegate hotdogs, celery with almond butter, cantaloupe

M3:  Paleo bacon and eggs, mixed greens, sweet potato with ghee

Kalua pig is in the crock pot for tomorrow.  Yum!

Today is Day 94!

Yesterday's menu:

M1:  3 eggs with ghee, celery

M2:  kalua pork with mixed greens, olive oil and grapes

M3:  kalua pork with mixed greens, sweet potato, ghee

Hard to believe I'm nearing Day 100... I'll definitely post a wrap up of all the non-scale victories when I reach this milestone.

OMG. You are so close. I'm trailing behind you at day 88. I can't believe we are approaching the end. I'm so scared!! I thought I was good until I went away this weekend and realized that if it weren't for this program, I might have eaten junk. It's got me so messed up this morning.

Day 95!

Yesterday:

M1:  3 eggs with summer squash and ghee

M2:  kalua pig, mixed greens, grapes

M3:  2 chicken/apple sausage, sweet potato with ghee, a few mixed greens but should have been more!

Today's meals:

M1:  3 eggs, celery with almond butter

M2:  3 boiled eggs, mixed greens, cucumbers, olive oil, peach slices

M3:  Applegate turkey slices, mixed greens, cucumbers, tomato sauce

OMG. You are so close. I'm trailing behind you at day 88. I can't believe we are approaching the end. I'm so scared!! I thought I was good until I went away this weekend and realized that if it weren't for this program, I might have eaten junk. It's got me so messed up this morning.

Glad you made the right choices and I hope you're feeling good about the trip.

It's Day 97 of 100!  Hard to believe I'm free of sugar and all things YUCK!  I feel so much better than when I started this journey... physically and mentally.  I feel strong!

Yesterday I took a road trip for work.  I ate too little for lunch and actually got hungry (rarely happens) so I loaded up a bit for M3.  All in all, a very good day!

M1:  3 boiled eggs, celery with almond butter

M2:  turkey breast, celery with almond butter, Bubbies pickle

M3:  large mixed green salad with tuna, lemon and mayo, sweet potato with ghee

Still no real plan for post-100... I can't think of a reason to change the way I'm eating now so there's no point in adding anything back.  I'll just focus on maintaining a healthy 3-meal per day regimen and see how it goes!  At some point, I'll probably add a little dairy back but it's not necessary now.  :)

Hi! I got to say, I am checking in right at the end of your journey, but boy did this inspire me! Read every one of your posts! I just began my first Whole100 21 days ago. I have done two and 1/2ish Whole30s in my day but it was a struggle to maintain it past 30 days, but I feel like I really need to extend it and really learn and train my body and brain to eat well.

Reading your story made me believe it is possible to truly change the old narrative and commit to health longterm! I am excited to hear a wrap up of how the 100 days went for you. When I am struggling to stay committed later on, I will think of this and know I can do it! haha! 

Hi! I got to say, I am checking in right at the end of your journey, but boy did this inspire me! Read every one of your posts! I just began my first Whole100 21 days ago. I have done two and 1/2ish Whole30s in my day but it was a struggle to maintain it past 30 days, but I feel like I really need to extend it and really learn and train my body and brain to eat well.

Reading your story made me believe it is possible to truly change the old narrative and commit to health longterm! I am excited to hear a wrap up of how the 100 days went for you. When I am struggling to stay committed later on, I will think of this and know I can do it! haha! 

Thanks Emmieloo.  Day 21 of 100 is great!  It will go faster than you think.  If you're hard-headed like me, the 100 days is the ONLY way to set the brain straight.  I was only go to do 30 but it flew by and Britt (wholemama623) was going for the gold.  Not to be outdone, I decided to do the same.   :D So glad I did and so grateful to all the people who share on these forums!  Keep up the good work -- I'm cheering for you!   :)​ 

Ok friends, it's Day 99.  Holy cannoli!

I'm going to log yesterday's meals and go enjoy the beautiful weather.  

Yesterday:

M1:  3 eggs over easy on a bed of mixed greens (sounds weird but was really good!), ghee

M2:  2 Applegate hotdogs, Bubbies sauerkraut, celery and grapes at the pool!

M3:  ground beef/pork mix, zucchini, tomato, black olives

Wishing everyone a terrific day!

It's Day 100!!!!  I just finished my 300th clean meal according to the Whole30 template!  Let me summarize how I feel.  AWESOME!  The high points of this journey, in no particular order:

• Sharing it with others
  • Saying goodbye to the scale, my fair-weather friend
  • Kicking one med to the curb and looking forward to 2 more at my 6 month checkup; that leaves Synthroid, which I'll probably always have to take
  • Learned sooooo much about my body, my mind and the connection between the two - the books, the forums and the tough love are EXACTLY what I needed!
  • Can't believe I don't have cravings
  • Finding new foods and spices that I like (but I still hate onions - they are evil)
  • I sleep when I'm supposed to and stay awake and energized ALL day
  • Reduced my body by TWO clothing sizes (can I get a woop woop!)
  • Recognizing my non-scale wins and using "the list" for motivation
  • Indulging myself with yoga, quiet time, massages and mani-pedis 
  • Oh, hair and nails, that's outrageous!  So healthy
  • Feeling accomplished and hopeful again

My plan going forward?  To keep doing the same!  I doubt I'll log my food every day unless I just need to keep myself in check.  I'll exercise even more!

There are certainly times I've planned for special meals -- my son will be home for a visit in September, then we'll spend Thanksgiving in San Diego.  Knowing what a hold the sugar dragon had on me, I'll be extra cautious about portion if I do have anything sweet.  Dairy without sweet is just meh for me, so probably no challenge there.  I'll keep the junk and processed food out of my house.  I like seeing all the greens and fresh foods in my fridge and discovering new recipes from others on this site or by experimenting with flavors.  I can't wait to see my doc at 6 months.  She'll be surprised and I'll thank her profusely for supporting me when I was such a negative nelly.   

I posted a new pic that my Mom took today.  I'm happy and healthy. 

Can't wait to celebrate Britt's 100th too!!!!

Peace, love and veggies y'all!!!

Donna

Archived