I decided I want to LIVE

Dnnasttn

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 41... missed logging Day 40 but it was compliant!

M1:  Egg salad with 2 eggs, mayo, a Bubbies pickle and 5 celery stalks to eat it on

M2:  Ground pork on 1/2 sweet potato and bed of greens, with ghee, 4 lg.strawberries

M3:  In the oven is spaghetti squash with tomato/meat sauce, olive oil, mixed greens

Pants are baggy again and the flags that waved under my arms are almost gone!  Energy is steady and good, allowing me to get more exercise.  I've noticed this week that my ability to concentrate has really improved.  I don't have the anxiety that I was experiencing in my office.  Sounds, smells, people everywhere can send my nerves sky high, but that has improved also... I'm much calmer and happier.  Amazed, I am!

Day 42:

M1:  3 eggs, spaghetti squash fried in ghee, spinach

M2:  2 boiled eggs, mixed greens w/olive oil & vinegar, black olives and 1/2 orange

M3:  ground pork, mayo, chopped greens, spaghetti squash

Good day!

Yesterday was Day 43.  I made the Kalua pig that everyone likes so much.  Wow!  It is terrific.  I'd never seen the Hawaiian salt before and can imagine using it on many other foods.  HOWEVER, I ate pork for 2 meals AND tried kale chips which also have salt.  I woke up feeling like a water balloon!  Today will be about lemon and cucumber in vinegar to get rid of the bloat.  I'm glad to be trying new foods but will coordinate the salt a little better going forward.

M1:  3 eggs, zoodles, ghee

M2:  kalua pig, apple, mixed greens with a little Frank's Red Hot sauce 

M3:  kalua pig, kale chips, sweet potato with ghee, watermelon

I bought some parsnips to try soon.  

Off to the pool today.  I'm finding that running the length of the pool several times is really helpful and much easier to do than it used to be!

Have a great day friends!

Oops I did it again.  Day 45 was yesterday and I'll try to remember what I ate.  It was compliant.

M1:  3 eggs, spinach, tomato, ghee

M2:  1 Applegate hotdog (I'm out of them - eek!), mixed greens, vinegar/oil, watermelon

M3:  Kalua pork, sweet potato, ghee, 2 strawberries

Today is Day 46:

M1:  2 eggs, prosciutto, zoodles, ghee

M2:  Kalua pork, zoodles, red pepper, mayo, small orange

M3:  ground beef, taco-type seasonings, mayo, broccoli

Busy, busy, busy... but it's all good!

I'm not a big pork eater, so I made Kalua Chicken using chicken thighs and it was good, too.

That sounds good too... that seasoning is excellent!  How much chicken do you use?  The pork butt is 5 lbs.  Same for chicken?

Happy Day 47:

M1:  egg salad with 3 boiled eggs, mayo, Bubbies pickle and chopped greens

M2:  ground beef, broccoli, tomato, black olives

M3:  2 tilapia filets fried in ghee, mixed greens, orange, sweet potato 

I just have to note that I have been sleeping like a rock and waking up raring to go.  It's so nice to not drag around and use coffee to get me going.  I have always had my coffee black so that was not an issue for me at all... I have one cup at home after breakfast and one cup at the office.  No need for coffee in the evening and wouldn't want to have it because it could mess up this blissful sleep pattern!

Please note that I have been eating THREE eggs instead of TWO.  The little victories all add up!

Day 48:

M1:  3 eggs scrambled with ghee, parsnips and zoodles

M2:  2 tilapia filets, mixed greens, ginger dressing, orange

M3:  ground beef with tomato sauce, mayo, red hot sauce, mixed greens and olives

All for now....

Your posts are so inspiring!! Thank you for taking the time to track the details and share them with us. You are a ROCK STAR!!! I am going to keep reading as long as you keep going...!! : )

Thanks Vozelle!  This community has been so helpful... couldn't do it without all the support.  I don't know where you are in your journey but I encourage you to keep going, and keep learning.  Power on!   :)

Day 49:  What a gorgeous day.  Not having to work always helps... ha ha.  Went to the pool and ran/swam 10 laps fast.  That doesn't sound like much to some but my legs were screaming... it was awesome!  Going to the grocery store tonight so I'm eating M3 now (early!).  Can't go in there and get hungry, for sure!

M1:  3 eggs, parsnips and green pepper fried in coconut oil with Frank's Red Hot sauce, 1/2 handful of kalamata olives

M2:  2 Applegate hotdogs, broccoli with ghee

M3:  grilled pork chop, grilled yellow squash, a small apple fried in ghee with cinnamon

WholeMama  - I am getting more fish tonight -- it was delish and so quick to make!

Tomorrow I'll have a little challenge.  I always help to host a Fan Suite for Special Olympics Summer Games.  The food and drinks are plentiful.  My plan is to eat M1 at home and pack a yummy lunch -- something I really like - probably egg salad with pickle and a colorful salad.  They'll have fruit trays and veggie trays too but my plan is to just leave that for our guests!

Last but not least, I woke up at 5 am with charlie horses in BOTH calves.  I thought I was going to die.  I've read before that leg cramps come from lack of salt so I added more salt to my food today.  Does anyone have experience with this?

Wishing you all a GREAT evening!

Yesterday was Day 50!!!!  Half-way to 100 and I'm already thinking about extending it.  Frankly, I'm scared to add any foods back. I guess I need more time to get my new habits completely set.  This is NOT hard, but I know how slippery the slope would be if I started making exceptions of any kind.

Day 50 was spent with the happiest, most courageous and brave people I know... my Special Olympics' family.  I was a little late eating M2 because I decided the stink factor of egg salad wasn't appropriate for the fan suite.  ha ha

M1:  3 eggs w/green pepper, sweet potato with ghee

M2:  3 egg salad with a Bubbies pickle, mayo and lettuce, cucumbers in vinegar, red grapes

M3:  ground beef on mixed green salad with mayo and hot sauce, handful of almonds (raw, unsalted)

Are all these eggs going to raise my cholesterol?  

I re-read my original post today and realized how very grateful I am to my Dr. and to all of you for helping me see the value in reaching out for help. My son encourages me with humor, unconditional love (AND he sent me a FitBit, my new favorite fashion accessory).  I love him so much.    

My brain and body have done a 180 in just 50 days.  I'm down from 5 meds to 4 and look forward to possibly dropping 2 more of them around the 6 month mark.  

I'm lucky and I know it.  Peace and hugs to all... I hope you have a beautiful Sunday!

Woot woot! Congrats on reaching Day 50, Donna. That's amazing! I just read a good post this morning by moderator Tom about how he eats post-Whole30 which sounds very sensible. It's partway down this thread.

When I got my labs back this week, my cholesterol was down! I was worried about the three-egg breakfasts and hamburger patties but all my cholesterol numbers were better.

I'll have to keep an eye out for these Bubbies products.

Have a lovely Sunday yourself. It has been great to experience all the passion and optimism in your posts as you improve your health. It always makes me feel good to read them. 

Are all these eggs going to raise my cholesterol?  

I re-read my original post today and realized how very grateful I am to my Dr. and to all of you for helping me see the value in reaching out for help. My son encourages me with humor, unconditional love (AND he sent me a FitBit, my new favorite fashion accessory).  I love him so much.    

!

Congrats on day 50!

In my experience, eating w30, eggs, red meat and all, my cholesterol went down. However, I have read some posts (Paleo, not w30 that I can remember) where people have said there numbers went up. In my humble opinion, I also believe that some studies are showing that refined sugars play a part in the process as well, not just fats. It also depends on the kinds of fats..... Anyway, since your dr is supporting you in this journey, ask him to repeat your bloodwork at the end of the 100 day, then you will have a better gauge. (Don't forget that exercise plays a part too).

I love my fitbit - helps keep me on track! Especially when I am challenged by friends... I am too competitive for my own good :). I would love to be "fitbit friends" with you, if you would like.... Just pm me and I will send my email.....

I do know what you mean by that slippery slope.... I planned for a w140something and have continued past that with tentative plans to continue until October. Somehow I just feel better on w30, it's not hard to follow once you get in the groove, and well, why not?

Woot woot! Congrats on reaching Day 50, Donna. That's amazing! I just read a good post this morning by moderator Tom about how he eats post-Whole30 which sounds very sensible. It's partway down this thread.

When I got my labs back this week, my cholesterol was down! I was worried about the three-egg breakfasts and hamburger patties but all my cholesterol numbers were better.

Thanks I'll check out the post W30 thread!  Such good news about your cholesterol.  I'll keep doing what I'm doing and hope for improvement.

Congrats on day 50!

In my experience, eating w30, eggs, red meat and all, my cholesterol went down. However, I have read some posts (Paleo, not w30 that I can remember) where people have said there numbers went up. In my humble opinion, I also believe that some studies are showing that refined sugars play a part in the process as well, not just fats. It also depends on the kinds of fats..... Anyway, since your dr is supporting you in this journey, ask him to repeat your bloodwork at the end of the 100 day, then you will have a better gauge. (Don't forget that exercise plays a part too).

I love my fitbit - helps keep me on track! Especially when I am challenged by friends... I am too competitive for my own good :). I would love to be "fitbit friends" with you, if you would like.... Just pm me and I will send my email.....

I do know what you mean by that slippery slope.... I planned for a w140something and have continued past that with tentative plans to continue until October. Somehow I just feel better on w30, it's not hard to follow once you get in the groove, and well, why not?

Thanks Kmlynne.  Excellent idea to recheck in 50 days- I will call tomorrow and set it up so I have something to look forward to.  I've read that some people have raised cholesterol in their first w30 because of the body cleansing all the bad stuff out.  We shall see. 

I haven't started logging my off-FitBit excercise yet and swimming is a biggie for me.  I'll figure all that out and may take you up on the offer!  Competition might get me working harder.   ;)  Of course, the exercise I'm getting now is tons better than what I WAS doing 50 days ago.  

I hope your daughter is well on the mend now!

Archived