Starting June 8! Who's with me?

klack

Hi there friends. Today has been a good day. M1) 2 eggs with paleo bacon half a banana black coffee with coconut cream M2) compliant chipotle ( still blown away by eating to chipotle and not feeling like a hot air balloon after 3) baked mahi mani with avocado pineapple salsa ( home made) and broccoli mushroom bell pepper stir fry . Had some sugar cravings flair up after M2 but overall i feel good. I felt lean today and i am starting to notice a lot of upper body definition :)

Here is to day 17! We are already on the downward slope!

Sarah

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Felt awesome today! It was hot and humid. Usually that really bogs me down and make me all sweaty and foggy headed, but it was no problem today! 

I ran about three miles yesterday (longest run during my Whole30) and it was miserable! My legs felt like lead, I was so slow, and I wanted to quit the entire time- it never got better. However, I'm not sore like I usually am, I don't know how to describe it- it was like the payoff was greater than it usually is? I can't wait to bump up my mileage, hopefully my next couple of runs won't be so hard - come on tiger blood....

Now that we're all over the hump, is anyone else thinking about life post day 30? I've already decided that I'm going to knock out dairy (except for out of this world pizza opportunities), and I'm going to continue to eat my regular weekday meals according to the Whole30 guidelines. I really like the routine I've gotten into with grocery shopping and prepping my food for the week. I'm eating such higher quality food that I used to, and I'm saving by spending money on groceries vs eating out. It's also taking out all the time I think about deciding what to eat- and because I love food I'm always thinking about that! By planning my meals it just makes my day to day so much easier.

Day 16 gone! Good job!

M1: spanish omelette with spinach

M2: chocolate chili with cauliflower rice and sweeet potato

M3: baked plantain with procciuto and avocado

Yes for me w30 is more than a 30 days things, when i did it my first time 2 yrs ago, it really changed my life. I have never been this skinny and i get amazed when ppl tell me you're so skinny and not only that but the feeling i get everyday for eating healthy and feeding my family this way. I have convinced some of my friends to do it too.

I gave up dairy (only sometimes allow some cheese on pizza or so and an ice cream if in Italy)

Legumes are gone too... Allow some lentils once in a while cause i love them and refried beans at a mexican restaurant but they both make me gassy and bloated...

And bye bye grains unless I eat a wrap or pizza or stuff while on vacations (I travel a lot) but for two years I managed to eat w30 lifestyle love it and trust me it gets so much easier!

However... I have failed with the sugar... Once in a while i get too crazy and cant stop it for a while! And its crazy that never gained weight back! And because of sugar (chocolate pretzels, butter cookies, etc...) is that i'm back to do it again to kill that dragon.. So yeah i am a whole30holic!

Learned so much from it and gave me so much!

good morning day 17. I slept so hard last night and forgot to set my alarm for my 6 am spin class this morning. Needless to say I was pretty mad about missing it. Oh well. moving on. I went to bed with a horrible head ache last night and do not know what may have caused it. Feeling slightly bloated too. Had to ask my mom to put the nuts she bought out of sight as Im going into week 3 with no nuts. I am aware of eating when i have any sort of uncomfortable feeling. Case in point the current dating relationship right now. They man I am dating is in a very dark spot and i am realizing he needs a lot of personal self work. I can't fix him or help him out of this darkness. I feel like I'm the one who is always so positive and uplifting and he lives in a land of doom and gloom. It is really a full time job and thats not what I want in a relationship. After talking to him yesterday I immediately wanted to eat, preferably a bowl full of ice cream. I am so aware and now its time for me to get honest with myself. Im already thinking about 4th of july and Ive already told people I will not be drinking. I have to think of a compliant dish to bring to the first party so Ill have something to eat.

Sarah

I'm still feeling tired - it took a lot to get out of bed this morning - but once I did and was out of the shower I felt pretty good!  Not overly energetic or anything, but sort of like I'd already had a cup of tea. 

I felt nauseated all day yesterday, so I made hard boiled eggs and mashed potatoes for dinner.  Was able to eat a good amount, but about an hour later felt like throwing up again.  Feeling a bit better today- I think I just over-did it with the spices and need a few bland meals to even me out again.  I actually made NomNomPaleo's Lazy Devils (minus the Sriracha mayo) - proscuitto, green onion, and I threw a bit of chopped olives on there (cuz I LOVE salt)

With that in mind, today:

M1: mashed potatoes and (2) fried eggs (I LOVE mashed potatoes!  always have, always will)

M2: egg salad (just eggs, mayo, capers, and a bit of relish) with more mashed potatoes

M3: grilled chicken and asparagus

Barbecutie, my husband actually brought up over the weekend how he's worried that once our Whole30 is done that we'll go back to eating like crap.  So we decided that we'll continue to do Paleo (i'm dying for some honey in my tea!) and see how we do during the reintroduction period.  And of course, special occasions (our anniversary is coming up) there will be cake, bread, etc.. but definitely during the week we'll be sticking to Whole30/Paleo.

Halfway through day 17 - we rock!

Hi everyone!  I'm chugging through today - I officially cannot stomach another egg and don't really feel like eating, but I am doing my best. 

M1 - scramble with peppers, broccoli, scallions with some leftover roasted potatoes and guac

M2 - big salad with chicken, an egg white, fruit, veg and my favorite W30 citrus and herb vinaigrette

M3 - will be a burger on a bed of lettuce with a side of veg and maybe some bacon

Feeling proud today - last time I attempted a W30 I quit on Day 17 (WHY?  That was idiotic) and I have no feelings like that today.  Powering through to 30!

Is anyone thinking about continuing on and doing the sitewide whole30 in July? 

This whole30 will end on July 7th (right?). I plan to finish this current whole30 even though it ends two days into my vacation (and a day before my birthday!). Right now I'm even considering staying 95% compliant during the rest of my vacation, mostly because I don't want to get sick by reintroducing foods. 

I think it would be good for me to dive right back in when I get back from vaca, now that I've put all the work into get my house and head ready for this one :)

I am so grouchy today and I don't know why.  Everything is annoying me more than usual.  Any one else having that problem?  Argh, I hate feeling this way.  I struggle with depression and was hoping that my symptoms of irritability would actually get better with Whole30 and not worse.  

I am so grouchy today and I don't know why.  Everything is annoying me more than usual.  Any one else having that problem?  Argh, I hate feeling this way.  I struggle with depression and was hoping that my symptoms of irritability would actually get better with Whole30 and not worse.  

Where are you at in your monthly cycle?

Are you eating starchy vegetables daily?

If you'd like more detailed feedback, post 2-3 days worth of your food log in the Troubleshooting section. 

I am in the SAME boat as you.  Struggle with depression, and seem more irritable than usual.  And being fatigued doesnt makes me want to just sleep all day.

Where are you at in your monthly cycle?

Are you eating starchy vegetables daily?

If you'd like more detailed feedback, post 2-3 days worth of your food log in the Troubleshooting section. 

I have approximately 19 days before I start my next period.  The irritability is actually "nastier" or "meaner".  If that makes any sense.  I may not be eating enough starch vegetables.  I eat a lot of brussels sprouts and mixed greens/spinach salads.  I had spaghetti squash last night.  I followed your troubleshooting link (thank you for that!) and posted the last 3 days of meals.  

I'm having a tough w30 day. I'm bored and just want to eat whatever I want, not be restricted. Once I eat it's fine but I feel like it's no fun. This happens every time I'm on a "diet". I just get bored.

Day 17!

I can hardly believe it! Today is also interesting because it's my birthday! My family is quite bemused by my choice of dinner and dessert (Chipotle and pineapple), but they're game so that's good. I'm just kind of amazed by this whole process. I knew I was just ready to start this 17 days ago birthday and 4th of July notwithstanding and I really haven't looked back. 

I've battled fatigue and a little bit of irritability (I'm still battling fatigue), but I'm not food bored (even if I am slightly bored of making it) and I have no inclination to stop. I think in the past I've tried to diet to make other people happy (not that this is a diet!), but for this reset I know I'm doing it for me and I have total choice/control over my actions. I can choose what I want to eat, when I want to eat it and I think I'm just reveling in that. I don't need to be controlled by food or by other people's opinions. It's my life, my food/health destiny and this is what I'm choosing to do for this 30 days (longer if I can swing it). 

This is such an interesting journey and I've got to say that it's been made so much easier by everyone on this thread. I'm always so happy when I get the email notification that there's a new reply. We're doing it! We're walking this road together and even though it may be hard, I'm so proud of us!

• Moderators

I'm having a tough w30 day. I'm bored and just want to eat whatever I want, not be restricted. Once I eat it's fine but I feel like it's no fun. This happens every time I'm on a "diet". I just get bored.

Boredom is not uncommon during Whole30. There are a couple of things you could try, depending on how you're feeling about things.

If you're just sick of cooking and the thought of coming up with yet another different meal is just the most annoying thing on the planet, go for simple, easy to fix things. Scrambled eggs and veggies with avocado, hot dogs or sausages (there are few types of each out there that are compliant) with roasted sweet potato topped with ghee or coconut oil -- something that's low effort but still good.

Alternately, if you've been eating the same basic stuff for the last 16 days, now may be the time you want to change things up. Find some new recipes -- I like The Clothes Make The Girl for this, almost all the recipes on her site are W30 compliant, and she uses spice combinations I never would have tried on my own. You could also check out Pinterest, although that can be frustrating since there's no guarantee the foods labeled W30 actually are. Or it might be as simple as switching your main protein source -- if you've been eating a lot of chicken, go for beef. Maybe even a steak or something that really feels special.

Whatever you decide to do, this feeling will pass. You just have to ride it out for a while.

This whole30 will end on July 7th (right?). I plan to finish this current whole30 even though it ends two days into my vacation (and a day before my birthday!). Right now I'm even considering staying 95% compliant during the rest of my vacation, mostly because I don't want to get sick by reintroducing foods. 

I've been thinking about continuing and going for a Whole60, but my birthday is the 9th (a day after yours!) and I think I'm going to want a cosmo.. or maybe just a cold beer...

But let's not forget about the reintroduction period - if I remember correctly (at work, book not in front of me) it's technically a Whole45, because you reintroduce one thing, then go back to "W30" for 2-3 days, then reintroduce another, etc.  I guess now that we're getting closer I'll have to go back and read that section again and start planning!

I'm not one to "toot my own horn", but I've been exceeding my water intake goal of 85oz the past 5 days, and I'm very proud of myself!  I dont usually drink that much fluid, but it's not hard to chug a couple ounces every hour or so.  So go me!

And GO US! 

Boredom is not uncommon during Whole30. There are a couple of things you could try, depending on how you're feeling about things.

If you're just sick of cooking and the thought of coming up with yet another different meal is just the most annoying thing on the planet, go for simple, easy to fix things. Scrambled eggs and veggies with avocado, hot dogs or sausages (there are few types of each out there that are compliant) with roasted sweet potato topped with ghee or coconut oil -- something that's low effort but still good. Or it might be as simple as switching your main protein source -- if you've been eating a lot of chicken, go for beef. Maybe even a steak or something that really feels special.

I'm having a hard time with the protein since I don't eat red meat, fish, or pork.  I'm pretty over the chicken sausage.  I miss beans and tofu.  Thanks for the insight and encouragment.  I'll keep on keeping on.

I have actually been giving serious thought to continuing on through the July 30. I feel like I'm really just starting to get a handle on eating like this and probably need extra time to finish making it all a good routine. I am still tweaking my foods, figuring out what works best for me.

Day 17 in the bag. :-) I have recovered from the wicked bug and was overjoyed to find my energy and high spirits back today. Cut the raw veggies and nuts today and started dropping water off again this afternoon.

M1: fried eggs with leftover pumpkin chowder

M2: stuffed pepper, tomatoes

M3: pork roast with parsnips and pepers, coconut water

End of day 17 and I'm craving crunchy things. Also I'm experiencing a lot of gas and I have a feeling it may be the la croix I've been drinking and the fact I've had like 5 eggs today . Slight headache too. Oh well tomorrow is day 18. More regular water less carbonated.

Day 17!

I can hardly believe it! Today is also interesting because it's my birthday! My family is quite bemused by my choice of dinner and dessert (Chipotle and pineapple), but they're game so that's good. I'm just kind of amazed by this whole process. I knew I was just ready to start this 17 days ago birthday and 4th of July notwithstanding and I really haven't looked back. 

Happy belated birthday!

So Hello and happy day 18th! I'm now having a hard time counting days, it just feels like normal life now...

yesterday:

M1: Scrambled eggs with onions and tomatoes + banana

M2: spaghetti squash with chocolate chili on top + orange

M3: zucchinni soup + cantaloupe 

I have to report that my fiance has failed! he ate some pork, rice and beans yesterday at a farewell party at work, seems like since I'm the one cooking he didn't really knew the rules and just eats whatever I serve lol.... so he will have to start again and he is not happy about that :P  Funny enough he said he felt bloated and low of energy he blamed it on the pork as it was probably not the best quality I think it was thew grains!

Anyway for today's menu:

M1: hard boiled egg, mamey with cashews & tomatoes

M2: leftovers from spaghetti squash and chocolate chili + salad (I'm glad I don't mind eating the same for a couple days)

M3: I've made a raw red bell pepper soup (which is delicious and so easy! visit the rawtarian.com she has some awesome recipes!) And not sure what protein yet.. will probably defrost some tuna steaks.

Good job everybody! my skin is starting to clear up, can't wait to see my face free of acne....

Good Morning and Happy day 18. Today I woke up with the same gassy issues as yesterday. There will be no nuts or carbonated water today. Sadly the sugar still calls me :( The big challenge will be with my moving in the next 11 days but I have no desire to quit or give up! Today will be 106 in Nor Cal and I can get super cranky in the heat. Water!!

Happy Day 18!  I think I'm feeling a bit of that Tiger Blood because I haven't had any caffiene yet today and I'm not sleeping on my desk.

Slightly head-achy and foggy, but otherwise feeling pretty good!  I'm out of eggs (which comprises most of my meals) so I had to get a bit creative for meals today.  Fortunately I was like 20 minute early for work today, so I ran to the grocery store and got some stuff!

M1: Cracklin Chicken, veggies w/ Wholly Guacamole, bit of fruit salad, La Croix

M2: most likely the same as M1, but I have Kombucha

M3: we'll see what I can pull out of the fridge.

Have a great day, everybody!!  :D

I am the same.  I struggle with anxiety/depression, and have been worse, not better doing whole 30.  I eat sweet potato every day, also carrots, and squash in addition to green veggies.  And, I hate to be a party pooper, but, have you noticed that no one feels better?  I'm sticking with it, but, as of this point, it isn't a panacea by any means.

Archived