Starting July 1st

misti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot stop thinking about a bowl of ice cream and a nice draft beer (not together, of course :) ).

Ha!! All I could think about as I read the rest of the posts in this thread is... A beer float.

160x160xbeer-mug.png.pagespeed.ic.kOjM-U

I'm going to be a lurker in this thread. I'm starting my Whole30 on August 1, but I'd like to follow along with everyone's trials and tribulations. :)

• Moderators

I want to join also but my spouse seems to have some misgivings. any advice on going along? Problem is I am the cook in the Family.

You don't say what your spouse's misgivings are. If they're concerned about the safety of the program, you might want to read through this blog post -- it's written for a grandmother concerned about her grandkids, so some of it doesn't apply in your situation, but it addresses safety concerns someone might have about the program. Hopefully it will give you some ideas about how to address some concerns. If they have more specific concerns (about things like cholesterol or the high fat content or the lack of healthy grains) there have probably been blog posts or forum discussions about them, you could try googling Whole30 + whatever the concern is (i.e., Whole30 cholesterol) to find more information on it. If you can't find anything, you can always come back and ask here on the forums.

If they don't want to eat Whole30 food because they have a vision of healthy food being bland chicken breast and steamed broccoli, I suggest finding some recipes now (try The Clothes Make The Girl and Nom Nom Paleo for lots of tasty ideas) and cooking some meals, and explaining that this is what it will be like to eat this way. You can also compromise on the cooking by making the same main dishes for both of you, but allowing them to have bread or cheese or whatever non-compliant foods they feel they need. 

I'm in too! I finished my very first Whole30 yesterday, but there's still a lot of work to do when it comes to cravings, snacking, portion sizes, weight and my general relationship with food. The idea of reintroduction and 'being out there on my own' made me feel so uncomfortable that I decided to keep on going for a bit longer, and what's better motivation than an official Whole30 with so many others? I might try to reintroduce some foods over the next week if the occasion arises, but knowing that I'll go back to strict Whole30 afterwards will make it easier for me to keep on eating well.

I'm in for July 1st! Technically I'm starting June 22 (today), but I'm going to stay on until the end of July. I completed my first Whole 30 a week ago and was going to do a cheat meal and then start a new 30. Instead, I've done 3 false starts in the last week. Yesterday was a brownie, a drink, and my feet started swelling back up. What a waste!

I am starting a second Whole 30 today, and staying on until at least July 31st. So a Whole 40, I guess?

I'm looking forward to meeting some great people on the boards! Have fun, everyone!

CzarinaKat

I'm in! This will be my second one, did my first one in January and felt AMAZING! I am a little intimidated to do a second one, since my first was so successful, but ready to give it 100%!!

Ha!! All I could think about as I read the rest of the posts in this thread is... A beer float.

160x160xbeer-mug.png.pagespeed.ic.kOjM-U

I'm going to be a lurker in this thread. I'm starting my Whole30 on August 1, but I'd like to follow along with everyone's trials and tribulations. :)

Well, actually, a local beer house makes a nice float with a porter (or maybe it's a stout) and vanilla ice cream, but I digress. :) Now that I'm eating so clean and healthily, who wants that anyway?! (in part, I'm trying to convince myself that I don't want that, which is why I will be doing the sitewide W30 in July!!! Still working through a few cravings.)

I'm in too! I finished my very first Whole30 yesterday, but there's still a lot of work to do when it comes to cravings, snacking, portion sizes, weight and my general relationship with food. The idea of reintroduction and 'being out there on my own' made me feel so uncomfortable that I decided to keep on going for a bit longer, and what's better motivation than an official Whole30 with so many others? I might try to reintroduce some foods over the next week if the occasion arises, but knowing that I'll go back to strict Whole30 afterwards will make it easier for me to keep on eating well.

22twelve: We're in the same boat! Today is Day 30 of my first W30 and there's still a lot of work left to be done. Therefore, I'm doing my 2W30 with this group beginning 7/1. Best wishes!!

22twelve: We're in the same boat! Today is Day 30 of my first W30 and there's still a lot of work left to be done. Therefore, I'm doing my 2W30 with this group beginning 7/1. Best wishes!!

Congratulations! We rock! Good luck, and I'd love to know how you'll be doing!

I'm planning on starting July 1st as well. This will be my first Whole30. I have no cooking skills and work full-time with a 3yo and husband at home. I'm hoping my husband joins with me as we both have many health issues that we are dealing with and I know they can be fixed by changing what we eat. I'm so excited!! I've been reading the Whole30 book and just love all the information in it. Good luck and I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

I'm starting on July 1st too - hoping my OH will want to take part too. I've already started getting in some supplies - loads of raw almonds, macadamias etc and some coconut water. Made a new friend at our (only) local health store already !

Good luck everyone :)

I'm starting on July 1st too - hoping my OH will want to take part too. I've already started getting in some supplies - loads of raw almonds, macadamias etc and some coconut water. Made a new friend at our (only) local health store already !

Good luck everyone :)

Yep, what MeGa said above re going easy on the nuts, and also coconut water is recommended really only for endurance events or for those in jobs where they are likely to become dehydrated. It is effectively a 'light fruit juice' and should not replace your water intake.

Archived