Kjb post Whole 30

violetta

Slept much better last night.  Starting to be able to sleep on my side for a while before my leg starts throbbing, mostly on my right side.  I took some tylenol when I went to bed but nothing else and slept with a few awakenings to almost 6.  I ate too many snacks yesterday, mostly carrots but still, not hungry just grazing. Great dinner of salmon and veggies and sweet potatoes.  So delicious!  Still no prilosec and no symptoms without it.  I walked up Yetman yesterday to the top of the hill, what a power spot, not many birds though, just a pyroloxia.  Walked really slow for the first mile with P and V, that does really hurt my back going so slow but then walked the rest of the way up the hill very fast.  NO RLS.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to phoenix for the weekend to play a contra dance and see a baseball game. I was with my band and ended up eating at a chinese restaurant.  I had to work around the inevitable soy and just get to pick out some raw veggies, chicken and clear sauce to eat.  Still, I think it was made with canola oil which bothers my tongue, but it tasted pretty good.  I was very lucky that the restaurant had to option of clear sauce, that was the only thing without soy and although I am not sure that it bothers me too much, I didn't want to test it out before a dance.  We then slept at a friends house and although I usually wake up and get up before 6, I managed to sleep in until 8:30 because of the late night before.  But, somehow, we didn't go out to breakfast until 10 and then waited to get served so I didn't get food until about 11.  Even though I ate some nuts earlier, it was 5 hours after waking up before I got some protein.  I was incredibly dizzy and seemed to have narrowed vision and a real headache.  I had to keep my eyes closed most of the time until food came.  I managed to get eggs, spinach, bacon and avocado.  Unfortunately, it came with a biscuit which I ate some of, no repercussions, the day was too strange already.  Then we went to the park and it was really hot and I was sucking down water and salt tablets.  Unfortunately the craft beer just sounded too good and I had it and it was 16 ounces! which I sucked down even though it got warm before I was finished.  Still no real repercussions and had nuts and a lara bar before arriving home and eating some turkey and sweet potato first thing right out of the package.  What a day, only had some restless leg on the long drive back and none after I went to bed and fell right to sleep.  Strange dreams though before waking up at 5:40.  Had a few wakeups with leg pain during the night but now I know to get on my back and put a pillow under my knees to cure the pain.  Still wondering why my leg hurts so much when I sleep on my left side.  But I also hurt after a while on my back with a pain in a middle rib in my back so then I need to get off my back.  But managed to sleep in the same bed all night with getting up only once.   My stomach seems to have survived the onslaught but I sure don't want to do that again.

Slept really great last night although I did have to take some Tylenol for my knee.  I think I will have to have an MRI of my knee and hip when I get back.  This is just too painful.  It hurt a little all day yesterday during our 9 mile hike up the phone line trail and back in Sabino.  I had to put lidocaine on it a couple of times to make it work and rest on the way down the road.  Ate very compliant yesterday except for a gluten free beer, just couldnt bring myself to drink kombucha after that brutal hike.  New birds yesterday were a juniper titmouse, close up lucys warbler and... cant remember!  Also had a couple of rice crackers with no ill effect although my stomach feels a little odd this morning, probably from the Tylenol. No restless leg or indigestion yesterday even though no prilosec still.  I think it might be done!  Over two weeks without prilosec now.

Still having problems sleeping because I can't sleep on my side because of too much pain after a few minutes.  It is difficult to get to sleep on my back because the RLS kicks up a lot more on my back before I go to sleep.  I forgot to take meds before bed and then did it about 1/2 hour later with tylenol but already had RLS symptoms.  Finally went to sleep and slept well.  Got up late today because it is supposed to be much colder today but it really doesn't look it.  I think I am about ready to go home although this week is supposed to be cooler.  I find myself longing to pack up but it is too early if we are leaving on Sunday.  Mostly stayed compliant yesterday except sourdough for lunch.  Tried plantain chips and had a hard time with just eating a couple.  I doubt the palm olefin is very good for me.  Today is a rest day after two days of hard hiking.  Yesterday we went up Green Mountain trail and although parts are ridiculously steep, it is quite short, just a couple miles.  Not much new plants, the Mexican brush???, and a yellow flower.  Saw acorn woodpeckers, spotted towhees and lots and lots of redstarts everywhere, calling up and down the canyon and actually following us on the way down.  Such a loud voice for such a small bird.  I ate a little soy last night and had some burning in my stomach and tongue but it seemed to pass after a while.  I have a little sore throat now but think I will try to ignore it.  It is just a little scratchy.  I am hoping that it will go away with a rest and music day.

Great sleep last night, went right to sleep and starting to be able to sleep on my right side for a while before pain.  Left side is still painful.  No RLS last night although a little in the evening.  I did have a beer and that seems to bring on a little restlessness.  We walked up in Tucson Mountain Park today, up Yetman and then off on unnamed trails to the south and managed to make a loop along the ridges and back down to the wash.  Very exciting as the trails are just everywhere and we were not sure if we would get back to the right trail.  Saw an ash throated flycatcher and possibly a gray flycatcher or a cordilleran flycatcher, plus a couple redtails and curve billed thrashers.  Had sourdough and cheese with my lunch and cottage cheese and blue cheese dressing with dinner, I do feel a little bloated.  But no beer, just kombucha, I think I really don't care about beer.  It was quite cold today and we experienced a few gusts of frigid wind. It was warmer in Washington than in Tucson today!  We are heading out for a major hike tomorrow from Hirabyashi Campground to the top of Sabino Canyon.  Should be fun if it is not too cold, mostly downhill.  

No RLS last night, may try reducing meds when i get home if this continues.  No prilosec, I think I am done with it but who knows what will happen when I get home.  I am not eating any more at night, even a growly stomach doesn't keep me awake.  I stopped eating the vinegar salad dressing and my tongue is much improved and no cough or reflux.  I have gotten a little bit of bloating back, I will stick to kombucha mostly from now on, I hope.  The sourdough will disappear when I get back to Washington because there is no good sourdough that I have found there.  So I will be mostly back to complete Whole 30 except cream for tea, some cheese, and blue cheese yogurt dressing.  We will see if that reduces the bloat.  If not, I will try getting rid of the yogurt dressing and try the ranch from Whole 30 again.  

Woke up at 3:30 and had a tough time sleeping anymore but I did go to sleep at 9 pm so I did get a lot of sleep, however I was often turning over because I wanted to sleep on my side but kept waking up with pain and having to move the pillow to turn over.  The pain in my knee is pretty constant now, I had to take IBprofen to finish the hike twice.  I will get an MRI when I get back of my hip and leg.  I am assuming this it trochanteric bursitis but doesnt seem to be resolving.

Long hike yesterday down from Hirabyashi to the top of Sabino Canyon. Some parts were great, the walk through Sycamore Canyon basin and the lower part of the East Fork of Sabino Creek.  The upper part of  the East Fork was incredibly narrow and outsloped and on a very steep and exposed side hill.  I had some qualms about it but really had no choice, couldn't go back up as there was no car there, we had put the car down in Sabino and got dropped off at Hirabyashi.  After a little visualization and breathing and smiling, I made it down slowly.  I was wishing had I worn my boots instead of trail running shoes.  We saw rufous crowned sparrow, white crowned sparrow, gnat catchers, kestrel, ash throated flycatcher, cordilleran flycatcher, redtail hawk, house finches.

Packing up today, getting a few things for the trip and going to the street fair for a while.  Yesterday we went up to Yetman and hiked the Hidden Canyon Trail.  It is not on the FS map but was on the map at the trail head.  It's a very nice loop that actually comes up from Starr Pass and we saw quite a few very unhiker looking hikers probably coming up from the Marriot resort and hiking this little loop, radios blasting, scents galore, no hats, no water and totally unsuitable footwear.  But still a very nice hike, particularly on a cool day like yesterday.  

Ate tamales last night for dinner, they are so good, I am very glad that corn is not a problem for me, although, like the sourdough, I will probably not eat it back in Washington.  I didn't sleep much at all last night, pain in my side prevented me from sleeping on my side and after a while of sleeping on my back, a rib on the left side started to hurt in my back.  So I was constantly moving from side to back to side and waking up because of the pain.  I tried tylenol which lasted for a while but not long enough, my stomach was also growling like I didn't eat enough fat last night. I tried a couple sweet potato sticks but that didn't work.  Maybe the corn doesn't really agree with me.  Oh well, I bought tamales for the trip, a couple frozen ones to have with our salads at night in the motels, hope I can eat them.  We are not doing much physical today so I may get a little nap time in.  

Heading out this morning early.  Everything is packed, lots of veggies, sweet potatoes and meat to eat on the road.  I am very glad to be getting back home although I will struggle with the cold, even though it is warm today there, it will be a long time before it feels like the dry sun of Tucson.  Went to the street fair yesterday, kind of appalling, so many people and so little good crafts, some great expensive stuff that no way will sell at a craft fair and lots of junk.  Had tamale salad for dinner last night, it was exquisite but did make me feel a little overly full.  Or that could have been the beer, gluten free or not, it is really a great beer ready to be drunk in the sun on the porch.  

My leg is still bothering me some but my upper back might be the worst offender right now.  So much sleeping on my back to protect my leg has left my rib right by my scapula quite sore and it makes it a little hard to breathe.  I have always? felt this when lying on my back.  

Well, after tea, I will get on the loading of the car.  I will not miss this house much, too much traffic and weird furniture and the inconvenient location.  But the beds have been very good and I loved the extra bathroom and how stocked up the house was with all the things we might need like soap, sponges, toilet paper, etc.  And the patio was wonderful when the weather permitted us to enjoy it.  The internet has been the most reliable of anywhere we have lived in Tucson.  But not getting TV is a little annoying but with the sling, it usually works to see live TV.  The kitchen appliances were great although crammed into to little space and getting to the oven at ground level was really tough.  But all in all, it was better than I expected as a sight unseen rental and the strange pictures on the airbnb site. And we discovered Yetman trail and Tucson Mountain Park, an excellent addition to our hiking areas.

It is just one gluten free beer but even then, I am seeing a little belly form.  Every other day seems to be okay but on the trip back a beer sounds really good in motel rooms after many hours of driving.  But I guess that is over, and probably the sourdough at lunch too.  It's back to potatoes, veggies and meat, sigh!  I really don't want that little belly and the concurrent stomach pain.  I just have one more incredibly delicious tamale from Tucson to eat and then my diet will go back to being grain free.  I think I will continue the cream in tea and some cheese, blue for salad and a little cheddar and see how that goes.  I need to make my own salad dressing again with Whole ranch and some blue cheese.  I really can't eat the vinaigrette dressings because they bother my tongue.  A little restless leg last night after only a short evening walk up the cliffs in Kanab.  I took an extra half Mirapex to get me through the night and some tylenol.  My leg was a lot less painful in this delicious bed, great mattress and pillows and really quiet with a continuous white noise fan going.  Menu for today-HB eggs and already cooked veggies for breakfast with bacon if they have it from downstairs, chicken and avocado for lunch with peppers and carrots and a chicken and chile tamale with salad with bc dressing for dinner.  I WILL have kombucha instead of beer tonight!!! 

This motel room is amazing, Comfort Inn Suites, it has a huge living area with a very comfortable couch and day bed, a gigantic bathroom, a cute little kitchen bar with micro and refer, a big desk or food prep area with a great chair, two of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in in a separate area, this great continuous fan to sleep with, a bench for suitcases, a tv  and internet that actually works, enough floor space for exercises and no traffic noise and a beautiful view from the window.  Wow, I could live here!  All for only about 10 bucks more that a regular Comfort Inn.  Plus an outdoor pool with waterfall and a landscaped picnic area.  I would come back here in a minute and probably will next year.  I took a bath too, didn't know how much I would miss it

Made it home.  Last day at Starbucks with a mozzarella sandwich, guilty pleasure, just too tired to make food out of the cooler when it was so cold outside.  My scapula is hurting badly after having to sleep on my back so much to help my knee!  I might have to go to the chiropractor but have been listening to the audio of Wheat Belly and I think my wheat days are over.  With IBS, reflux and restless leg and hair loss, he talked about about all those things being helped or cured by removing gluten and wheat from the diet.  

After a month away with no scale and lots of hiking and a few off plan foods, like occasional sourdough bread or rice and some cheese and bc dressing, I weighed 139 this morning! That is a loss of about 3 pounds since we left last month.  I really didn't know I had lost weight but I was feeling pretty good despite my leg pain and now some pain around my scapula from sleeping on my back with the leg pain.  Got the back pain mostly fixed yesterday at the chiropractor.  He said it was really spasming and to do some stretching but it feels pretty good this morning.  I did take some tylenol along with my regular meds last night and still had to wake up to turn over every couple of hours when it hurt too much and drop my leg off the bed a few times.  I also noticed that the free floating anxiety that I have felt sometimes right as I try to fall off the sleep has returned (gone for the whole time we were in Tucson) and I start thinking about my fiddle students or what I am going to plan to eat the next day or any number of things that keep me awake.  I ended up getting up and eating mindlessly but with compliant food for a few minutes before I stopped myself and went back to bed.  I did drop off but woke up at 4:30 like I often do and had a hard time getting more sleep.  I didn't get to bed at 9 like I try to do because of the baseball game so not enough sleep.  I feel pretty good this morning though.  

J has decided to drop wheat after reading the Wheat Belly book.  I really want him to read Whole 30 book before deciding on his diet, he is getting some crackpot ideas off the internet and thinking about eating just flax and olive oil and fruit for breakfast, I am trying to convince him that he really needs to up the veggies, eggs, and meats but it is a hard sell.  Unfortunately we have only enough extra veggies and meat in the house for me until next week when we fly off to New York.  There is will be really difficult to eat wheatless because of the bread centered meals that my sister cooks.  But at least he is becoming aware that the wheat may be responsible for the small belly he has developed since he turned 69 last year.  He has always been able to eat just about anything and just stop eating for a couple days whenever he gained weight and take it off immediately but now he is struggling.  That breakfast of "healthy cereal"  is not cutting it and the every day lunch of bread and melted cheese needs to go.  But he doesn't really like sweet potatoes or eggs and has a real reluctance to up the meat and hates red meat and really loves dairy and fruit so I am not quite sure how to help.  

Struggled mightily with restless leg last night for no apparent reason.  I even had trouble sitting during the day.  I ended up taking Tylenol and an extra mirapex at about 10 because I was so tired and my legs wouldn't stop.  Possibilities are

1.no walking exercise but I did clean up limbs from a tree we cut down and did a lot of gardening

2.lack of salt from sweating so much on a hot day, I took two salt tablets and 2 magnesium right before i finally went to sleep

3. anxiety as all the back home problems got to me after a great vacation

4.some unknown food that bothers me

5.too much sitting in my chair and perhaps too much screen time

6.lots of other unknown possiblities

SO FRUSTRATING!!!

My back is still not completely recovered and it still hurts to move my arm and shoulder but it is better and doesn't seem to be spasming.  My legs are a lot better.  I only had to hang my leg off the bed to recover once during the night and didn't have to roll over much or sleep on my back.  I tried to stay mostly compliant yesterday but did have gluten free beer (could set off the RLS), blue cheese dressing and some cheese in my eggs.  I will drop the beer today and see if things improve.

No more restless leg last night.  I forwent the beer, even gluten free it doesnt work for me.  Had kombucha instead and had a much less eventful evening.  Too bad, beer is really fun.  Slept great until about 4 then in and out.  I was mostly compliant yesterday, had some cheese and a few rice crackers at lunch.  But lots of stomach cramps this morning for no apparent reason although I did put a lot of ginger in the stir fries last night, really hot!  We went for a 4 mile walk on the Lakeshore Trail, after all the hiking in Tucson it seems like a stroll and only took a couple hours.  Nice picnic lunch up at the lookout spot.  My third day without sourdough or other wheat products and the knee pain is really backing off and my shoulder, although still somewhat painful, is recovering well.  Wheat Belly really is right, grains are the cause of most body pains.  

Terrible RLS last night, tried an experiment with drinking just a splash of wine in my komucha to see if I would have the same reaction as I had to the beer and yes, no sleep until extra dopamine and tylenol, after 11 pm.  Finally went to sleep and slept well after dopamine surge, even went back to sleep after going back upstairs at 5:45, didn't get up for a 1/2 hour.  I was hungry too, didn't snack after dinner except a couple hazelnuts to take the Tylenol with.  Great meal last night with salmon, sweet potato and roasted veggies, including brussel sprouts.  I hadn't made a halved, baked sweet potato in a while and I think I really like them best that way.  

Went scouting for firewood yesterday, not a lot of downed trees this spring, not enough snow I guess over the winter.  But at least a couple loads out of the cave area, although nothing is easy to get.  Not quite like the fall area that we use.  Of course, this wood is about for 2020 so if we don't find a lot, that is okay.  And we will be gone for a couple weeks of the best firewood gathering time so we may not have the time this spring to get wood.  And it is really heavy this time of year.  I like to get it in the fall much better, just don't want to miss out on any new downed trees.

Knee pain is definitely diminished without wheat but still there, I don't know if I will go to Dr. Lynch in May or not.  Other than the wine, I had a little cheese and a couple rice crackers that were not compliant.  From reading Wheat Belly, I think I will stick to my plan to eat some cheese and cream and not a lot else in the dairy family, perhaps a little full fat yogurt.  Also, a little white rice and an occasional tortilla if I don't see a lot of reaction.  But other than that, stick to compliant foods, obviously alcohol is out! My back pain is still there, it feels worse after sitting for a while and better after heat and activity.  I think I will keep the chiropractor appt. unless firewood gathering today makes it go away. 

Slept pretty well last night, tried some off brand phosphatil serine, in addition to my regular serifos and went right to sleep and slept for 5 hours!  Then I was wide awake and took some salt (sweated a lot yesterday gardening) and a leg cramp tab and then went back to sleep until light.  I don't feel very dizzy this morning but did when I woke up in the night. Not much knee pain, only once in the morning did I have to hang it off the bed but my lower back is in real pain, probably from gardening, but the flower beds look great.  I am icing it right now and hoping for the best, I have yoga later which may help and then the chiropractor tomorrow.  I hope I can resolve this before leaving for New York on Wednesday.  No alcohol and no restless leg! I guess that is pretty conclusive that the alcohol kicks the RLS into high gear and mirapex just can't compete.  I am sad that even the gluten free beer will not let me sit in my zero gravity chair, stare at the sun and get a little drunk but it is mostly just not worth it. Mostly compliant yesterday except cream and blue cheese and cottage cheese in my salad.  I had a couple rice crackers in the middle of the night when I got too hungry.  Trying for that 12 hour fast by not eating after dinner and waiting to eat breakfast until 7 or 8.  I had gotten a little lazy and starting eating nuts before bed or during the night so I am planning on stopping that.  We walked up Millpond yesterday, seemed like a little stroll!  Packing today for new york after yoga.

I'm new to the forum and only read this page of your posts, but wow - your trip to Tucson sounds great! We live in Alaska.  It's snowy and muddy and I love it here, but I sure do yearn for those hills you wrote of - with the plants and the birds.  Big inhale and exhale.  I miss hikes in the early morning.  And what great long hikes you had!

Pretty impressive that you are off the Prilosec.  I have a friend with all the same food sensitivities as me who deals with horrible heartburn.  He is doing the medical route with more and more meds, but it really seems like the food should be the first focus.  Ha.  Always easier said than done! :) I have my own health issues with asthma and am so easily prone to tendonitis that happens fast and takes years to go away.  I'm just now getting back to Whole30 and it's a welcome relief for my body and mind so reading your posts with your outdoor time in the southwest, mention of contra music and fiddles, and Washington gardens brings back so many good things for me.

Got up early this morning to get to spokane to the chiropractor.  He helped some with the dire pain in my leg that developed yesterday morning during yoga and some with my back and side.  It is frustrating to break down like that and not even be able to walk.  I was just doing a little twist in yoga and a terrible throbbing pain started.  But I am walking again and hoping to improve even more by tomorrow when we get on a plane to New York.  I am most definitely not looking forward to it but would like to visit with my mother, I just hate to get on the plane and I wish she wasn't so far away.  I am giving up on bringing food on the plane, I will just do the best I can with what is there, it is just too hard.  And this evening, even without beer, my legs are acting up before bed.  I just don't get it. 

I also went to have my root canal redone after two years of pain and it seems like it feels better.  The endontist wouldn't do it so my wonderful dentist did it instead, hopefully this works so I don't have to have a bridge or endure the pain for the rest of my life.

Cut out the beer and the sourdough and most of the other grains and I am losing weight again, down in the 130s for the first time in 15 years. I did manage to stay fully compliant except for some dairy, a lot of cheese in the fruit and cheese plate on the plane.  I might have to buy new clothes yet.  I did have to go the chiropractor twice in two days with leg pain, back pain, neck pain and scapula pain.  I think it is getting better now but still limping and getting shooting pains down my back when I bend my neck to the left.  New York is quite beautiful right now, full sun with no clouds and a bright blue sky, much better than it was last week, i hear.  We will see how the food goes, it may be difficult.  Mom didn't really recognize me before breakfast but probably will once she is awake.   My tongue is in pretty bad shape right now.  I really need to stay away from vinegar salad dressing, that may have been why my tongue got so bad during whole 30 when I wasn't eating blue cheese dressing.  I am hoping for some improvement without Prilosec but if it is still bad tomorrow I will take a couple days of Prilosec to calm it down.  I feel incredibly sleepy this morning and am trying to avoid going back to bed.  I had to take extra mirapex and baclofen at about 3 pm on the plane with the inability to move around.  I took my usual second dose at bedtime, which ended up being abut 10-11 west coast time.  But i woke up at 3 or so with terrible restless leg and had to take an extra of both.  Slept pretty well for a short time until about 7:30.  I know I will have to have higher doses for a few days with the jet lag.  Going out to walk soon.

My pains: back, much better after a little trigger point massage from my husband last night (big knot), right quad, much better after walking around the circle for a while, left knee, still painful (woke up a few times to lean it off the bed to stop the throbbing), tooth, quite bad and hard to eat (didn't eat last night because it hurt too much), RLS much better last night, fogginess much better this morning, tongue a little sore but not like it was after the vinegar salad dressing.  I guess thats all.  Quite a few allergies in my eyes.

Pain diminishing in all areas except tooth.  I think I will have to do something about the possibly cracked root, I am not sure what the options are.  But everything else feels better.  There was way too much pepper on the salmon last night and my tongue is still feeling it but I think it will go away without prilosec, after all the reports I really don't want to take it.  And watching my mother and her dementia really clinched it.  

Stayed compliant yesterday except for an alcoholic apple cider, I thought maybe that wouldn't kick up the restless leg but I was wrong, had to take an extra mirapex and feel a little groggy this morning.  But not snacking much without wheat.   A regular breakfast of eggs, green beans, and sweet potatoes this morning although I did put a little catsup on it because of no pico de gallo.  Took lots of walks around the circle but didn't get out of the neighborhood yesterday.  Also, did lots of yoga.  The sky is incredibly blue, a true high pressure system but sort of cold for sitting outside, the next couple of days are supposed to be warmer.  

I visited the Blue Cliff Monastery yesterday, beautiful place with peaceful people, a little boring during the dharma teaching with a film that was not understandable, at least with my poor ears. I think I must be losing enough hearing to get hearing aids soon.  I could hear very little of what was said in such peaceful, quiet voices.  I introduced tofu yesterday and soy sauce and a little sugar in gelato.  I had a burning stomach at night but it seems to have resolved today.  Managed to knock over a steaming cup of green tea this morning and got some burns on my stomach, ugh!  I did have a a hard time sleeping, couldn't sleep until about midnight after a late dinner at 8:30.  I had to take extra tylenol but no restless leg or knee pain.  My shoulder pain also seems to be somewhat resolved.  J pushed on the trigger point last night and I didn't feel it as much.  I do think that soy will not be a part of my normal life, it is too much of a hormone disrupter.

Feeling pretty good despite eating a cookie and a sourdough roll yesterday.  How easy it is to slip when everyone around you is eating ice cream and cookies and one is desperately bored with the conversation at the table and it goes on forever.  However, J is incredibly strong about wheat and sugar and keeps me honest most of the time.  But also had a hard cider yesterday with no RLS complications.  I did do about 100 leg raises before I went to sleep.  Sat and played solitaire on my computer lying on the bed and did them until I was so tired and sleepy that I couldn't do anything but sleep.  I am going to try that again. I didn't have to put my leg out of the bed until morning to reduce the pain and slept pretty well most of the night although I do wake up around 6 when it starts to get light.  I did doze after that but not great sleep.  My stomach is still amazingly good despite soy intro, alcohol  and other transgressions.  I had a walk around the circle and did yoga and meditated yesterday but not a lot of aerobic activity.  Today, I get a massage! and we will take a walk in N and maybe eat dinner there as a break.  It is just so easy to eat things that I really don't want when they are just everywhere.  I made some great chicken soup yesterday which everyone enjoyed.  I

I had a hard time going to sleep, took my serifos a little late and then was hungry when I went to bed, I had an urge to get up and eat the lasagne that was in the refrigerator from the family dinner but restrained an ate a larabar.  I probably did not have enough fats during the day.  Flax cereal breakfast, lettuce wrap sandwich and chicken and sweet potato for dinner, I did have part of an avocado for lunch and the chicken had an olive oil sauce but I guess it wasn't enough.  I just realized that I was almost completely Whole 30 compliant yesterday, no extra food except a couple tablespoons of yogurt.  I got a great massage yesterday and nothing was hurting last night, not my leg or my back or amazingly, my tooth.  But some RLS before bed and after I laid down. Got to remember the leg lifts.  We took a very windy walk along the N breakwater and walked around S also today.  Mom was very fuzzy today and anxious.  

Succumbed to a fresh biscuit last night, my leg ached all night.  Is there a connection?  Or could it be that the hiking I did yesterday caused my leg to ache or not taking tylenol?  Or could it be sitting in a lecture last night and trying to keep from having RLS?  I need to remember to sit on the end of a row to get up if I have to.  No more upper back pain though.

Archived