HCG?

RedG

I have had really good success with HCG dieting in the past, but always gained the weight back because I could not stick with that way of eating.

I am very excited and keeping up with the Whole30 so far. I really enjoyed the ISWF book as it described in detail about how our hormones interplay with sugars, fats storage and use.

But, I still have some HCG, and wondered, since I seem to be having a hard time eating enough fat (meaning I am very hungry and tired even after I've been eating quite a bit of food, IMHO) would it help? If I was able to release those fat stores, and help retrain my body - just with a little nudge - is that OK?

Many thanks for your comments and advice.

Sincerely,

RedG

• Moderators

The answer is, "No." Or more emphatically, "Hell no." The Whole30 is your time to learn to eat real food and manage your eating in a sustainable way. Don't pollute your Whole30 with remnants of what has failed you before.

For information on HCG for those who are curious, see http://www.webmd.com...or-weight-loss.

Whoa, this sounds like you're asking permission to indulge in something you honestly might have a problem with.

If you are very hungry, then you will have no problem eating food. Eat real food. If you can't make yourself eat real food, then you're not hungry. It really is that simple. I would throw that stuff away, right now!

If you are used to eating a true hcg diet, eating a "good amount" for your mind may be something else entirely for you body. Paleo should not leave you hungry and eating good food until comfortably satisfied is the only way to heal your metabolism so you can lose and maintain weight loss. Eat more food and don't expect a huge loss for probably several months as sever calorie restriction takes a long time to recover from especially if going from hcg to traditional SAD back to hcg etc.

Well that's better than pregnant horse pee lmao

Okay glass half full! :) Besides..we know what horses eat. It may have been from someone who ate nothing but soy and corn. Okay...STOP!!! No more jesting. RedG, we really just want you to sail through this in the healthiest way.

Thank you for all your advice! I have struggled with weight for so long, I know that it is going to take months, probably a few years before I am balanced hormonally - hence the thought - why not? But - I will toss the HCG and not look back.

I am having crazy things going on already on day two - which makes me think that I am just skipping ahead in the time line. I have always enjoyed healthy real food, and my normal diet was not too far of a stretch from Whole30, but I am missing my filler I guess - all the whole grains and legumes that I was consuming.

Thank you for all your advice! I have struggled with weight for so long, I know that it is going to take months, probably a few years before I am balanced hormonally - hence the thought - why not? But - I will toss the HCG and not look back.

I am having crazy things going on already on day two - which makes me think that I am just skipping ahead in the time line. I have always enjoyed healthy real food, and my normal diet was not too far of a stretch from Whole30, but I am missing my filler I guess - all the whole grains and legumes that I was consuming.

Give this plan a good chance. You will do great. We all thought we were eating healthy. :) Silly us. Get over the rough spots (if you have them..not everyone does) and enjoy the benefits.

I just want to say something about the HCG from my personal experience.

I did the HCG diet a month ago and the second part of it was what made me reseach Paleo lifestyle in the first place (I couldn't have grains, starch...). In Israel, where I live, they make a synthetic 'hormone' from seaweed, so it doesn't involve any kind of pee, like some people mentioned.

I actually lost 10Kg (22lb) in 40 days (and then lost some more). But I think that the biggest benifit from it was finding paleo and starting my new way of life based on it. I really think it shouldn't be just about weight loss, but about health. Of course I feel better after losing all this extra weight, but I wouldn't reccomend the HCG diet as the way to get there, especially if it involves any pregnant women, horses or whatever. But it did work for me, the way I did it.

Archived