Cauliflower rice

ChristyJ

I went to Trader Joe's today and bought four bags of cauliflower rice (froze two-hopefully they freeze okay).  For  $2.50 a bag, it's totally worth it to me.  I've cooked it in a couple of different ways:  

• sautéed with olive oil, onions, cumin & chili powder and used it as the base for a chicken fajita bowl
  • sautéed with coconut oil with added coconut flakes as the base of a chicken sausage, kale & apple mix
  • sautéed with olive oil, onions, peppers, carrots, chicken & olives

I know there's a bunch of recipes on Pinterest.  What ways have you used it?

I usually microwave it in a covered bowl, then add my fat/protein on top.

I've also added towards the end of a crock pot cycle.

(and yes, it freezes A-OK ... the kind I usually buy is Trader Joe's already-frozen bag)

I usually microwave it in a covered bowl, then add my fat/protein on top.

I've also added towards the end of a crock pot cycle.

(and yes, it freezes A-OK ... the kind I usually buy is Trader Joe's already-frozen bag)

Hmmm, I'll need to look for it frozen.  I didn't notice that, just the bag in the produce section.  I like the idea of throwing it in the crock.

Have you ever found it at Whole Foods? I can't seem to find it at any Whole Foods.

I've only seen it at Trader Joe's, but then again since I got it there and knew it was there, I didn't bother looking at Whole Foods.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Cilantro lime - saute up some diced onion, once its browned add the bag of cauliflower rice (I love that TJ has started carrying this!), once that has browned up a bit season with lime juice (maybe 1 tbsp for the whole bag of cauliflower), fresh cilantro and some salt and pepper.  

Your coconut idea sounds good - I'll have to try that next time for a sweeter dish!

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, where I live in northern BC, I have not found frozen cauliflower rice in any grocery stores. No Trader Joes or Whole Foods here. At one point this winter, a head of cauli was 8 dollars. Prices have returned to a more reasonable level. I love roasted cauli!

Archived