Ranch that doesn't taste like mayo?

Hello everyone! This is my first W30! Woot! Anyhow, I'm here to ask if anyone has had a successful ranch that doesn't taste like mayo? I'm from the south but I really hate the taste of mayo but I LOVE ranch and I'm sure having this condiment would make my adventure way more enjoyable. I made some ranch with tessamaes mayo and it's terrible. I also refuse to make this stuff with coconut milk or oil of any kind because I don't want coconutty ranch. But, the ranch I made just tastes like straight up mayonnaise. I know that this stuff will never taste like hidden valley or wishbone but it sure would be nice if I could get just a little close to it. I'm going to try the avocado oil mayo tomorrow and see if that helps any. Anyhow, just wanted to see if you guys had any different recipes! :) 

12 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Google 'Planks Love and Guacamole Ranch'.  Best compliant ranch you've ever tasted... it does have coconut milk to thin it out but you could use water.... 

Thank you! I will have to give it a go. I feel like such a ranch snob but I love love love ranch and eat it with a crap ton of stuff so having it taste like mayo ruins it for me. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Before you immediately dismiss any ranch dressings with coconut milk, maybe try one. Coconut milk helps add a sweetness to the ranch and a creaminess that helps to mimic what you'd get from using buttermilk. 

Tessemae's ranch tastes absolutely nothing like regular ranch dressing so I wouldn't go that route. 

Archived