Binging vs. compensating for too-small meals

msmirnio

Folks -

Preface: I'm on Day 8 of my Whole30 - I only started incorporating exercising on Day 6 (was trying to get used to the eating without over-doing anything) and obviously my eating needs to change a little to account for the burned energy

Problem: I definitely had way too small of a Meal 3 tonight, I know this and kind of knew it when I was eating. I decided I'd give myself a treat by making Mel @ The Clothes Make the Girl's Caramelized Coconut Chips - after eating half of the 1 cup of coconut shreds I went back for the second half and added a hard-boiled egg because clearly I was missing something - maybe it was protein. About half an hour later I dug into some baby carrots w/maybe 2 tbsp almond butter. FINALLY I stopped and now I feel uncomfortably full and generally horrible!

Should I restart my Whole30? Everything I ate was compliant - but I almost feel like I binged, though I don't believe it was a psychological response rather than truly not giving myself enough to eat - and can be fixed by preparing better for tomorrow.

I'd love to hear any thoughts, advice and similar experiences!

Thank you for listening :)

Here's my experience...EXACTLY the same thing happened to me. I was finished with my Whole30, but I stay pretty true to that way of eating because I feel and look so good eating that way. I didn't pay enough attention to my breakfast and underate. Then I was hungry to early for lunch, so had a mini meal an hour before lunch. Then I wasn't satisfied with dinner, so I had another mini meal afterwards. I didn't have any coconut flakes or anything that I could have snack attacked on, but if I did...I'm sure I would have. It was a miserable day. Really, you didn't eat anything off plan, it was just how you ate. So, personally, I would add 8 days and make it a Whole38, but that's just me there probably be arguments for both sides of this one.

My advice...fill your plate with more than you think you need and eat slowly. Listen to your body for when you are satisfied. Remember, it takes a little bit before you actually feel full. Then you can save whatever you didn't eat for the next meal!

Oh and btw...I've only made the coconut chips once and I definitely ate them all! You are not alone!

Archived