Start Date June 26th

Happy Oiler Lisa

Well, the only time we fail is when we stop putting forth effort.  Keep it up!  Life is one day at a time.  This is only the first 25 days of the rest of your life!!!  It's not about weight or appearance.  Once the body goes from a sugar burning machine to a fat burning machine, the rest of that works itself out.  Putting the guidelines in place, the rest will work itself out.  It's foolproof, if followed properly.  We've got this!

MInd over matter.  If you don't mind, it don't matter!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
52 minutes ago, nicky05 said:

Changing habits is hard. Adjusting to new food patterns is challenging and overcoming an eating disorder and all the tendencies that go along with that is also quite mentally exhausting at times. Everything gets easier with practice, of course. Sometimes you don't know something is going to be a problem food until the moment arises and you realize it is exactly that. Of course it's doable, but I don't think it's fair to disregard the effort everyone has put in. It's about resetting your habits and emotional relationship with food, which does not come as easily to some. 

This forum seems to be a place to share victories and struggles and ask for advice (which has been very helpful). I understand you do not feel my struggles are valid. I'm truly glad to hear you never found eating this way to be a challenge, even in the beginning. 

And I never said I was miserable, just having a few bad moments :). 

I don't think that Magoo doesn't think your struggles are valid... I think they're exceptionally valid... I think maybe for someone that has never dealt with food hangups, eating disorders or mental health issues (that's an assumption tho), it's not relatable... it seems so easy to 'just' but it's not... It's not so easy to 'just' get out of bed if you're depressed, it's not so easy to 'just' smile when you want to hide and cry, it's not so easy to 'just' consider food fuel.

You guys have all done remarkably well and finishing this program is an amazing acheivment for someone who finds it easy, let alone someone who has baggage and difficulty surrounding food.  I'm positive that Mr. Magoo was not trying to diminish your success or the struggle that you've overcome to get to that success!  Right @CookyMagoo :) Everyone's 'hard' is different and crops up in a different place in their lives... this is your 'hard' @nicky05 and you've killed it this month!! :wub:

FOUR...!!!!

So...perhaps it was too much SALT in my dish (didn't TASTE like it) don't WANNA blame the chicken livers (they were soooo goooood!)...but waking up was hard, slight headache action, and fingers are tight! I am battling with the pressure thing. Not officially high...started taking grape seed extract and have had no problem...CERTAINLY NOT in the last 25 days...until this morning.  Booooo! Dinner was fantastic!

Oh well...super amounts of water for me today...wait...yes, i was ALSO deficient in water intake yesterday...in almost 90 degree weather. Alright. 'Ambulatory care' on the way!!!

Let's do this!B)

Ha! We are truly in sight of the goal! People take four day weekends and can't believe how quickly they're over and back to work! Some have to take antibiotics for 3-5 days and it feels like FOREVER...then it's over...

I hope we are all, at the very LEAST, somewhere safely in the middle of those 2 scenarios mentally!

Let's rock and roll!!!

Reintro begins today...

I have to say the past 30 days have been pretty interesting. I realized how much I USED TO mindlessly eat throughout the day. I have not had any PMS. My anger is in check. I had no digestive issues.  I sleep through the night and awake about 15 min before my alarm and I am rested. I lost 11 pounds and have no plan on finding them ;) ...and 7" are gone as well.

I am going to have a dirty martini tonight and see how it goes. As much as I joke that I have missed booze, I have adapted at friends places and at events, so maybe it'll be just the occasional cocktail. So alcohol is my 1st item I am reintroducing...beans will be the 2nd, lol

The last few days actually went by fast looking back, but seemed slow in the midst of them.

It's Friday and most of y'all are on the last few days. Good luck and I look forward to reading the takeaways from the various Whole 30 experiences :)

41 minutes ago, miyl444 said:

Reintro begins today...

I have to say the past 30 days have been pretty interesting. I realized how much I USED TO mindlessly eat throughout the day. I have not had any PMS. My anger is in check. I had no digestive issues.  I sleep through the night and awake about 15 min before my alarm and I am rested. I lost 11 pounds and have no plan on finding them ;) ...and 7" are gone as well.

I am going to have a dirty martini tonight and see how it goes. As much as I joke that I have missed booze, I have adapted at friends places and at events, so maybe it'll be just the occasional cocktail. So alcohol is my 1st item I am reintroducing...beans will be the 2nd, lol

The last few days actually went by fast looking back, but seemed slow in the midst of them.

It's Friday and most of y'all are on the last few days. Good luck and I look forward to reading the takeaways from the various Whole 30 experiences :)

AAAAAAAWESOOOOOOME!

Right behind you miyl444!!!

11 lbs can keep right on drifting with all other groups of lost pounds with nowhere to return to and nowhere to go!!! That is HOT!!! Keep it moving!!!

1 hour ago, miyl444 said:

Reintro begins today...

Well done miyl!  I am only on day 18, but I have been reading this thread as sort of a SNEAK PREVIEW for what's coming :)   I can relate to that "mindlessly eat" comment - at work in particular, I caught myself grabbing some nuts or a compliant bar, just because "eating something while working on this document" felt more interesting that not eating.  A couple of days ago, everything seemed to kick in with portion size and meal composition, and the only time I'm getting the desire to eat now is when it's getting near meal time.  It feels like, where have I heard this before, FOOD FREEDOM.  

@nicky05, you've done an awesome job, I hope you and others keep posting as you wind down the last days and reintros.

Good stuff!

• Moderators

Congrats guys as you near (or hit) your day 30!  Just a housekeeping note, if you would like to stay together to do reintroductions, we'd ask that someone make a thread on the Post Whole30 section of the boards... it's confusing for people to see talk of martinis (yum!) or crackers and dairy on the main boards (not to mention if your group has some staggered completion dates, that would get really weird really fast!).

17 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

I don't think that Magoo doesn't think your struggles are valid... I think they're exceptionally valid... I think maybe for someone that has never dealt with food hangups, eating disorders or mental health issues (that's an assumption tho), it's not relatable... it seems so easy to 'just' but it's not... It's not so easy to 'just' get out of bed if you're depressed, it's not so easy to 'just' smile when you want to hide and cry, it's not so easy to 'just' consider food fuel.

You guys have all done remarkably well and finishing this program is an amazing acheivment for someone who finds it easy, let alone someone who has baggage and difficulty surrounding food.  I'm positive that Mr. Magoo was not trying to diminish your success or the struggle that you've overcome to get to that success!  Right @CookyMagoo :) Everyone's 'hard' is different and crops up in a different place in their lives... this is your 'hard' @nicky05 and you've killed it this month!! :wub:

I'm saying it's "not hard" in the same way that the book and rules say it's not hard, In relation to things that are actually hard, like some of those listed by @SugarcubeOD, assumptions aside. If you go in to this with the mind set that this is going to be a slog and "Hard" then you are setting yourself up for failure and giving yourself an out to boot. Part of my way of encouraging good behaviors in people is through negative re-enforcement when needed and positive reenforcement when earned. It's old thinking but it works. Not everybody gets a trophy in real life. You have to do the work and this is no different. You are in control of whether you make it or not, no matter how "hard" you think it is. I don't ask anyone to agree with my methods or words, but I stand by your right to disagree and think whatever you want and express that in this forum.

We've had a good run this go around and I'm glad if I have been able to help with that. So Kill it for 5 more days and the path will be clear. 

Magoo

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda

Well alright then!  Day 26th...done.  SD  made a cameo appearance today.  It was weird.  Different times during the day today, thoughts of sweet things crossed my mind and filled me with bursts of longing.  Not enough to panic...but enough to think to myself  hmm...well, this is late in the game for this...shook it off every time today and went on with it.  We will see if this was the last screeching howl of the SD before it's agonizing death, or if it's something else.  No worries.  The next few days WILL come out victorious...on to the next chapter of life.

Gnite!

THREE!!!

Need to grocery shop today.  I need tomato paste.  the recipe that I was using for bbq sauce a while back listed all the ingredients, so I shopped according to the list.  Later on in the recipe it said add tomato paste.  TOMATO PASTE???  Wha???  Looked at the list again...no tomato paste.  So...bbq sauce will be made today.  Sorry Chef...I applaud all of my mother's efforts, but I like a little covering on my ribs and hamburgers...

Bought sweet potatoes.  perhaps I'll make me some 'buns' today as well!

Have a tasty, clean weekend 26ers!!!B)

The 16 hour cook has begun with brisket and a pork butt. Just dry spice rubs on both. Veggies will be tomorrow morning and the crowd at 1. We added deviled eggs to the menu and corn on cob for those so disposed. The 7 hours I smoke the meats went well, no rain until the last half hour of course:unsure: when it's time to wrap things up. Finishing pork in the oven and the beef in the sous vide. Can you say, melty?

4 to go!

Best to all,

Magoo

TWO...

Morning one and all!! Thinking it will be spinach omelette with guac...crazy story regarding the guac...with a cupa joe and coconut milk -cocunut milk and black tea have a surprising sweet finish when your body is clean - maybe a banana?

So...the moral of the guac story: read the labels of EACH container you purchase.  Read all compliant ingredients on the 1st container of guac and grabbed the one under it.

Get it home...it's southwestern guac. Yup. Corn and blackbeans. Was so annoyed with myself, knowing that if something CAN go awry, it WILL. In the garbage it goes. So i have ONE good guac...and it WAS.

Usually the flavor is a different color on the label. Nope. Both green...glancing is not enough 26ers! Glare!!!:huh:

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Let's Dooooo It! said:

TWO...

Morning one and all!! Thinking it will be spinach omelette with guac...crazy story regarding the guac...with a cupa joe and coconut milk -cocunut milk and black tea have a surprising sweet finish when your body is clean - maybe a banana?

So...the moral of the guac story: read the labels of EACH container you purchase.  Read all compliant ingredients on the 1st container of guac and grabbed the one under it.

Get it home...it's southwestern guac. Yup. Corn and blackbeans. Was so annoyed with myself, knowing that if something CAN go awry, it WILL. In the garbage it goes. So i have ONE good guac...and it WAS.

Usually the flavor is a different color on the label. Nope. Both green...glancing is not enough 26ers! Glare!!!:huh:

Aw man!  You can freeze guac.... maybe if it's not too late to pluck from the trash, freeze and serve at a party or work potluck so others can eat it and it's not a total waste?  

4 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Aw man!  You can freeze guac.... maybe if it's not too late to pluck from the trash, freeze and serve at a party or work potluck so others can eat it and it's not a total waste?  

Pitched it out of frustration for my own lack of attention to detail.  Mm mm mm. 

BTW...noticed that I had too many fats going at breakfast and decided to forgo the coffee with milk.  Fat is tat.  Too much is too much.

ONE!!!!!!!!

The cafeteria had a vendor that is whole 30 compliant today.  Went down to check it out for lunch.  Lovely 'burrito bowl' made with cauliflower rice!  Yum!!! 

I walked up and said 'day 29'.  She flooded me with commendation, then asked me how I felt...It was like meeting up with an old friend.  :D

We are almost there!  Or maybe everyone else already IS.  Where is everyone???  (Echo and crickets...)

2 hours ago, Let's Dooooo It! said:

ONE!!!!!!!!

The cafeteria had a vendor that is whole 30 compliant today.  Went down to check it out for lunch.  Lovely 'burrito bowl' made with cauliflower rice!  Yum!!! 

I walked up and said 'day 29'.  She flooded me with commendation, then asked me how I felt...It was like meeting up with an old friend.  :D

We are almost there!  Or maybe everyone else already IS.  Where is everyone???  (Echo and crickets...)

"Where is everyone???  (Echo and crickets...)"

:unsure: Ya? We started this thing with 26 (Happy Oiler Lisa, miyl444, Whitney M , becster, Lu McGrath, Tracy Chauncey Johnson, lacyjean, tinman57, chicagobirdie, pam21e, aussiegal, Emma/Baileys, Linsay, nanners, Freddy, CaylaNotCarla, Jim4884, Vguck, H-Ball, turtledove, Kefner, blinduh, Meg258, incomplete list) people participating and in the last couple weeks we're down to about 8...maybe. OK, I'm being generous. It's the "We are almost there!" that gets 'em, mostly. I've been on 7 other groups like this one and I see a pattern starting to emerge:rolleyes:. Call me a cynic.  Everybody must be doing great, I'm guessing.:D

Sounds like I need to open one of those cafeteria companies. Yum! Just had some of my barbecue day leftovers, which was better today, as usual.

2 to go...

Magoo

"The man who thinks he has it licked, is actually a dog." -Sachem Massasoit

2 hours ago, CookyMagoo said:

:unsure: Ya? We started this thing with 26 (Happy Oiler Lisa, miyl444, Whitney M , becster, Lu McGrath, Tracy Chauncey Johnson, lacyjean, tinman57, chicagobirdie, pam21e, aussiegal, Emma/Baileys, Linsay, nanners, Freddy, CaylaNotCarla, Jim4884, Vguck, H-Ball, turtledove, Kefner, blinduh, Meg258, incomplete list) people participating and in the last couple weeks we're down to about 8...maybe. OK, I'm being generous. It's the "We are almost there!" that gets 'em, mostly. I've been on 7 other groups like this one and I see a pattern starting to emerge:rolleyes:. Call me a cynic.  Everybody must be doing great, I'm guessing.:D

Sounds like I need to open one of those cafeteria companies. Yum! Just had some of my barbecue day leftovers, which was better today, as usual.

2 to go...

Magoo

Oh oh...Does the 'cheerleader' need to tone it down?  Great.  I find this out on the second to last day...  Mm mm mm...

Yes, you SHOULD open one.  Much wider selection, just from what you have listed HERE!

Lazy night.  three eggs cracked over spinach in ghee, prinkled with 21 seasonings from Trader Joes.  Quick yum!

ONE day to go...

7 hours ago, CookyMagoo said:

2 to go...

Magoo

Hi all, I'm still here peekin in and checkin.   As you know I ate food and wine in celebration of my quitting my 10 year employment so I blew it on this W30 thread!  So I've started again and am currently on day 9 on another thread  but following you all still.  And your cooking Magoo!!  I seriously wanted to be invited to that BBQ!!  

Sign.  I wish I was up to you all but that's life in the fast lane. ;)  Remember when you were all back around week 1??!   Nooooooooo!!!!  You do not want to be back here I can tell you!!  Anyway I will still be reading and wishing you all the best and a healthy food freedom future whatever that may mean to each of you. :)

I've been checking out the 'after whole 30' section of the forum.

Congrats to all of you that finished yesterday!!! I hope you had results you had hoped for in physical and 'non scale' victories ::smile::

Today is 30 for me. Woohoo!!!

Thank you!!!

Yesterday a coworker asked if i'd lost a substantial amount of weight.  I said i won't know until the 26th.  She assured me i had.

2nd nonscale...

I had no coconut milk to have in my coffee today. As a whole 30 affirmation to self, i decided to try it black.

I DO love coffee... :wub:

We are all walking into a better quality of life.

Keep stepping!!!

Hello everyone...wherever you are out there. Being here REALLY kept me accountable. Thank you all. This forum action is lovely!

I will start with dairy as the newsletter suggests...reluctantly.  I feel great. Cheese brought me here. Good to really see how i feel, and not blame it on the barometric pressure! 

Weighing in today.  Wish me well!, as I do wish you all!B)

Archived