Start Date June 26th

Happy Oiler Lisa

Day 12 is under the belt! By Monday, the halfway mark will come to be. I am feeling more energy and clarity as each day passes. So, I WILL get through the barbeque tomorrow by making my own bbq sauce in the morning, as well as bringing my own veggies and sparkling water. Plenty of volleyball in my future!!! Consider all obstacles CRUSHED, like a tin can!!!

This is DONE!!! B)

Live WELL this weekend! 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...as life would have it, there was no time to make anything but the dish I promised to bring...TOTALLY one of my FAVORITE non-whole 30 complaint dishes...did not taste, sample, nothing. Was not even tempted! There was plenty of meat seasoned with compliant seasonings (can't beat plain ole, old school salt and pepper!) Brought baby carrots,  lovely cherries, cold water...and had my fair share of bean bag toss, badminton, volleyball and horseshoes!

Fantastic day!

Hope all ate well!B)

1 hour ago, Let's Dooooo It! said:

Well...as life would have it, there was no time to make anything but the dish I promised to bring...TOTALLY one of my FAVORITE non-whole 30 complaint dishes...did not taste, sample, nothing. Was not even tempted! There was plenty of meat seasoned with compliant seasonings (can't beat plain ole, old school salt and pepper!) Brought baby carrots,  lovely cherries, cold water...and had my fair share of bean bag toss, badminton, volleyball and horseshoes!

Fantastic day!

Hope all ate well!B)

That's great! Congrats! 

Day 13 done!! 

No food dreams still! My meals were not exactly as planned - I was just so sick of eggs and as a result M1 was a little light on protein and veggies. M2 was leftovers and M3 was a chicken burger, some roast potatoes and a salad. 

Feeling good, a bit of a headache, but I don't think that's diet related. Definitely noticing less stomach bloat, and it's nice to feel like I'm not white knuckling my way through a diet/program. Yes, I groaned a little when I had to figure out breakfast this morning, but did not dip into any "emergency foods". I improvised, followed the template and I was satisfied. 

Definitely batch cooking sausages for breakfasts next week. I can't believe we're almost half way done. On the one hand the end seems so far away (I'm feeling a bit like a hermit, which I know I should not be, but there's definitely a learning curve to socializing with Whole30). It was a very stressful week at work and I definitely would have enjoyed a glass of wine, but I did not feel like it was hard to resist one either. 

I keep feeling like after dinner I want a snack or something. I'm not hungry, I'm just craving the taste of something. 

I hope everyone had a nice day! 

25 minutes ago, nicky05 said:

Day 13 done!! 

No food dreams still! My meals were not exactly as planned - I was just so sick of eggs and as a result M1 was a little light on protein and veggies. M2 was leftovers and M3 was a chicken burger, some roast potatoes and a salad. 

Feeling good, a bit of a headache, but I don't think that's diet related. Definitely noticing less stomach bloat, and it's nice to feel like I'm not white knuckling my way through a diet/program. Yes, I groaned a little when I had to figure out breakfast this morning, but did not dip into any "emergency foods". I improvised, followed the template and I was satisfied. 

Definitely batch cooking sausages for breakfasts next week. I can't believe we're almost half way done. On the one hand the end seems so far away (I'm feeling a bit like a hermit, which I know I should not be, but there's definitely a learning curve to socializing with Whole30). It was a very stressful week at work and I definitely would have enjoyed a glass of wine, but I did not feel like it was hard to resist one either. 

I keep feeling like after dinner I want a snack or something. I'm not hungry, I'm just craving the taste of something. 

I hope everyone had a nice day! 

You rock. Keep it up! Almost halfway!!!! :lol:

I've really been struggling the past two days. I'm completely fatigued and my muscles feel like jello. I'm hoping the glycogen depletion fades soon. 

Does anyone have a suggestion for a post workout starchy vegetable aside from potatoes? I'm getting in my post workout protein, but I don't always have cooked sweet potatoes on hand. 

40 minutes ago, H-Ball said:

I've really been struggling the past two days. I'm completely fatigued and my muscles feel like jello. I'm hoping the glycogen depletion fades soon. 

Does anyone have a suggestion for a post workout starchy vegetable aside from potatoes? I'm getting in my post workout protein, but I don't always have cooked sweet potatoes on hand. 

Zucchini, carrots, acorn squash, butternut squash and of course sweet potatoes, tarro and yuca (or true yam). I'm a fan of rutabagas and purple top turnips.

Magoo

• Moderators
4 hours ago, CookyMagoo said:

Zucchini, carrots, acorn squash, butternut squash and of course sweet potatoes, tarro and yuca (or true yam). I'm a fan of rutabagas and purple top turnips.

Magoo

Zucchini is not considered a starchy carb... winter squash yes, summer squash nope.... 

Day 14 and we're batch cooking up a storm. I went to the butcher by my place and got some pastured pork and they had sausages there too. Most had sugar or some form of sugar, but a few did not so I ended up getting some compliant sausages for this week. Very exciting! Also have pork in the slow cooker for carnitas again and will be having the chicken hash for lunches. 

A bit of indigestion today, not sure why. I'm not feeling that hungry either. 

I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. 

Zucchini (summer) 1 lg   Calories 54

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g 1%
Saturated fat 0.3 g 1%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.3 g  
Monounsaturated fat 0 g  
Trans fat 0 g  
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 26 mg 1%
Potassium 843 mg 24%
Total Carbohydrate 10 g 3%
Dietary fiber 3.2 g 12%
Sugar 8 g  
Protein 3.9 g 7%

Acorn Sqash (Winter) Calories 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.1 g 0%
Saturated fat 0 g 0%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g  
Monounsaturated fat 0 g  
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 4 mg 0%
Potassium 486 mg 13%
Total Carbohydrate 15 g 5%
Dietary fiber 2.1 g 8%
Protein 1.1 g 2%

I agree:unsure:, the difference is stunning :rolleyes: Kinda like the difference between sweet potatoes and white potatoes. Really, really? Somebody beat me over the head with my nutrition degree, please. :D

Magoo

"A man can't change his destiny.  A man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed." Algren

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, CookyMagoo said:

Zucchini (summer) 1 lg   Calories 54

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g 1%
Saturated fat 0.3 g 1%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.3 g  
Monounsaturated fat 0 g  
Trans fat 0 g  
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 26 mg 1%
Potassium 843 mg 24%
Total Carbohydrate 10 g 3%
Dietary fiber 3.2 g 12%
Sugar 8 g  
Protein 3.9 g 7%

Acorn Sqash (Winter) Calories 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.1 g 0%
Saturated fat 0 g 0%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g  
Monounsaturated fat 0 g  
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 4 mg 0%
Potassium 486 mg 13%
Total Carbohydrate 15 g 5%
Dietary fiber 2.1 g 8%
Protein 1.1 g 2%

I agree:unsure:, the difference is stunning :rolleyes: Kinda like the difference between sweet potatoes and white potatoes. Really, really? Somebody beat me over the head with my nutrition degree, please. :D

Magoo

"A man can't change his destiny.  A man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed." Algren

I can't tell ifyou're being facetious or not ;)

20 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

I can't tell ifyou're being facetious or not ;)

Last time I looked, It was July and there is no "winter squash" until September, so I'm thinking the the 2% difference in carbs could be overlooked, Unless the Paleo rules to be seasonal and local are also out the window. Winter squash in July are probably not the best nutritionally, and you can't get one in my neck of the woods at a local farmers market until late August at the earliest. Let's agree to disagree, cause I'm thinking....the sugarcube just melted in my tea.:D

Magoo

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, CookyMagoo said:

Last time I looked, It was July and there is no "winter squash" until September, so I'm thinking the the 2% difference in carbs could be overlooked, Unless the Paleo rules to be seasonal and local are also out the window. Winter squash in July are probably not the best nutritionally, and you can't get one in my neck of the woods at a local farmers market until late August at the earliest. Let's agree to disagree, cause I'm thinking....the sugarcube just melted in my tea.:D

Magoo

You crack me up!  Yes, lets say that zuchinni, in a pinch could be considered a starchy carb but that there are better options out there that are more dense carb sources... also, yes, an acorn squash in summer, if you could even find it would be ghastly!

6 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

You crack me up!  Yes, lets say that zuchinni, in a pinch could be considered a starchy carb but that there are better options out there that are more dense carb sources... also, yes, an acorn squash in summer, if you could even find it would be ghastly!

If nothing else, I'm good for comic relief.

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

RJvyr7T.gif

I'm back after Fourth of July vacation and going out of town.  I've managed BBQ's, parties, and bringing my own food out of town while maintaining my Whole30 (I know we are all here, but I'm pretty proud of myself for this!).  I'm not to Tiger Blood yet, but I am fine.  Still having to tweak my meals on occasion though.  A few things I've realized so far- 1. I could easily be gluten free.  I thought I would miss it a lot, but I'm fine without it.  I miss the convenience of sandwiches on the go, but other than that, totally cool.  2. I thought sugar would be my downfall, but I have managed ok without it.  Cravings aren't too bad, I miss it a little though. 3.  I MISS dairy.  I knew I liked it, but didn't occur to me how much I miss it.  I would love to drink a big glass of milk, or eat an ice cream (bit of the sugar in that too).  I prefer my scrambled eggs with a bit of milk and cheese.  I like my coffee with cream.  Dairy will definitely be my first add back after my 30 days.  4. Kombucha has become a daily drink.  I drank some before, but never to this extent.  I have to look at a home brew kit, because at $2-$4 a bottle, it is expensive!  5.  I actually can get tired of eggs for breakfast.  Didn't think I would be one of those, but here I am!  6.  Meal planning 3 meals a day is exhausting.  I know it is necessary, but some days I'm resentful of the time it takes.  Then I feel bad about that - why am I resentful of planning a healthy, nourishing meal for myself?  Something I'm still working through... 

Anyway - halfway through after today.  Too much time and effort put in to not complete it!

Day 20 for me.

The food dreams are getting ridiculous now. Last night it was all about sodas. I rarely drank sodas, so I thought that was weird, but I was soooo upset in my dream b/c i had a Sprite on day 28, lol. I was very happy when I woke up and realized it was a dream, and to boot...i don't like Sprite.

I haven't had an cravings this whole time, which is great. I am sleeping so well. I visited my boyfriend this past weekend and he noticed a difference in my sleeping and commented that I look healthier. I guess not putting added crap does make a difference. I am glad dairy is not on my radar anymore. It hadn't been from Sept 2008- May 2016 and then the slippery slope happened, and try as I might I could not kick that cheese habit again... This program has done it. YAY!!!!

The only thing I miss, hummus and wine. When I tell people all the stuff I am eating they say 'I could do that' and then I give them the URL to this and say, 'Go for it. We could trade recipes!!!'

I def will keep this up at home and here at the office. I do go to friends' homes 2x a week, and I might let those nights after reintroduction be my 2 free meals. Thankfully both friends are super healthy and cook really tasty things, so it won't be like I'm hogwild in non compliant food...

T minus 10...tiger blood is slowly creeping up on me and I want to see more of it, heehee

Happy Monday ;)

7 hours ago, turtledove said:

I'm back after Fourth of July vacation and going out of town.  I've managed BBQ's, parties, and bringing my own food out of town while maintaining my Whole30 (I know we are all here, but I'm pretty proud of myself for this!).  I'm not to Tiger Blood yet, but I am fine.  Still having to tweak my meals on occasion though.  A few things I've realized so far- 1. I could easily be gluten free.  I thought I would miss it a lot, but I'm fine without it.  I miss the convenience of sandwiches on the go, but other than that, totally cool.  2. I thought sugar would be my downfall, but I have managed ok without it.  Cravings aren't too bad, I miss it a little though. 3.  I MISS dairy.  I knew I liked it, but didn't occur to me how much I miss it.  I would love to drink a big glass of milk, or eat an ice cream (bit of the sugar in that too).  I prefer my scrambled eggs with a bit of milk and cheese.  I like my coffee with cream.  Dairy will definitely be my first add back after my 30 days.  4. Kombucha has become a daily drink.  I drank some before, but never to this extent.  I have to look at a home brew kit, because at $2-$4 a bottle, it is expensive!  5.  I actually can get tired of eggs for breakfast.  Didn't think I would be one of those, but here I am!  6.  Meal planning 3 meals a day is exhausting.  I know it is necessary, but some days I'm resentful of the time it takes.  Then I feel bad about that - why am I resentful of planning a healthy, nourishing meal for myself?  Something I'm still working through... 

Anyway - halfway through after today.  Too much time and effort put in to not complete it!

That's RIGHT!! Too much invested in YOU to go against YOU at this point!!! You are sooo WORTH the effort!!!

Half in! JUST DO THE THING!!! B)

4 hours ago, miyl444 said:

Day 20 for me.

The food dreams are getting ridiculous now. Last night it was all about sodas. I rarely drank sodas, so I thought that was weird, but I was soooo upset in my dream b/c i had a Sprite on day 28, lol. I was very happy when I woke up and realized it was a dream, and to boot...i don't like Sprite.

I haven't had an cravings this whole time, which is great. I am sleeping so well. I visited my boyfriend this past weekend and he noticed a difference in my sleeping and commented that I look healthier. I guess not putting added crap does make a difference. I am glad dairy is not on my radar anymore. It hadn't been from Sept 2008- May 2016 and then the slippery slope happened, and try as I might I could not kick that cheese habit again... This program has done it. YAY!!!!

The only thing I miss, hummus and wine. When I tell people all the stuff I am eating they say 'I could do that' and then I give them the URL to this and say, 'Go for it. We could trade recipes!!!'

I def will keep this up at home and here at the office. I do go to friends' homes 2x a week, and I might let those nights after reintroduction be my 2 free meals. Thankfully both friends are super healthy and cook really tasty things, so it won't be like I'm hogwild in non compliant food...

T minus 10...tiger blood is slowly creeping up on me and I want to see more of it, heehee

Happy Monday ;)

CHEEEESE...that is what brought me here again. Was out of control...every meal...every day. I knew the WHOLE would heal me.

The first Whole, my mind wasn't right. Couldn't WAIT to get back to it.

Never thought I would ever see the day that I would be off cheese and not LONGING for it!!!

Preparing the mind is key.

Mind over matter - if you don't mind, it don't matter! ;)

26 minutes ago, Let's Dooooo It! said:

CHEEEESE...that is what brought me here again. Was out of control...every meal...every day. I knew the WHOLE would heal me.

The first Whole, my mind wasn't right. Couldn't WAIT to get back to it.

Never thought I would ever see the day that I would be off cheese and not LONGING for it!!!

Preparing the mind is key.

Mind over matter - if you don't mind, it don't matter! ;)

Yea, I thought I could give up booze before I ever gave up cheese...but when my father got sick and the frenchman gave up dairy, I did it in solidarity with him, and OMG..my headaches went away and oak allergies in the spring went away as well as PMS. I tell ya, dairy is the devil. :P

2 minutes ago, miyl444 said:

Yea, I thought I could give up booze before I ever gave up cheese...but when my father got sick and the frenchman gave up dairy, I did it in solidarity with him, and OMG..my headaches went away and oak allergies in the spring went away as well as PMS. I tell ya, dairy is the devil. :P

Evil...

2 minutes ago, Let's Dooooo It! said:

Actually i should have been doubled over with a migraine because of the thunderstorms I woke up to...NOTHING.

Amazing...lovely!

I still get headaches when low pressure systems blow through...but I can deal with those headaches. I like that I've not been hungover, lol Those headaches are the worst

Archived