Start Date June 26th

Happy Oiler Lisa

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M3 was a very small M3 hahah. I'm just feeling very bloated now and it is unpleasant. I also think I've eaten more fruit in the last two days than I should have (which is strange because I've barely been eating any fruit at all up until this point). 

Hopefully I feel back to normal tomorrow and I can refocus. I hate eating when I'm not hungry. 

• Moderators

Hey @CookyMagoo, so sorry to hear of the dx, but at least you have a path to wellness!  Worse would be feeling like poop and not knowing why! 

I just wanted to make a note to all of you that even if you're planning on eating this way 'forever' there's no such thing as a Whole365 (or even Whole 45/60/90).  We WANT you to do the reintroductions... that's kind of the whole point of this... clean the gut, reset the body and then test test test what works and doesn't work for you individually... then you make a plan that becomes your Food Freedom... as in WholeSugarcubeOD or WholeNicky05.  It's very possible that your Food Freedom is going to similarily replicate the Whole30, but you need to have the info from reintroductions to be able to make the appropriate WholeYourName and your Food Freedom... how do you know if something is 'worth it' or not if you don't know if it's going to give you a five day headache, raging gas or make you feel sad for 48 hours.... all those are real possibilities with the food that we have removed and you need to test... the only things you don't need to test are those that you NEVER plan on eating again (for me it was soy... no way, no form, no how so no reason to test)

NINE...!!!

GOOD MORNING!!!  Lovely Sunday morning!!!

I have determined that I need to seriously step up my game.  I will exercise every day in some form for the rest of the Whole...then schedule 3-5 times a week every week for life.  I'm not 20 anymore.  I have to really get it into gear to not inherit a few illnesses that are trying to greet me at the end of the road.  Sorry.  Taking a detour on THAT one...  Check on me, eh?  Thank you all!!!!!

Eat well, 26ers!  Eat CLEAN!

LET'S DOOOOO IT!!!

Okay people. I want bbq. Suddenly I am having a threatening SWYPO moment. Probably just want the sweet bbq sauce. SD has reared her firebreathing head! I feel blindsided! Talking myself down...mindlessly going for dates and falsely reasoning...justifying...whoa. Then the abbreviation hit me...

Forum...accountability.  Thank you all for being here...

15 minutes ago, Let's Dooooo It! said:

Okay people. I want bbq. Suddenly I am having a threatening SWYPO moment. Probably just want the sweet bbq sauce. SD has reared her firebreathing head! I feel blindsided! Talking myself down...mindlessly going for dates and falsely reasoning...justifying...whoa. Then the abbreviation hit me...

Forum...accountability.  Thank you all for being here...

BBQ is on the menu...at least at my house it is. Coat my slabs with pastured lard and a dry rub made of salt, LOADs of fresh ground black pepper, ancho chile powder, granulated garlic, coriander and cumin powder. Doesn't matter what meat you use, as long as it has a nice amount of fat on top, Grill/smoke for appropriate time (12-16 hours) and you eat for a week. Enjoy

ps. you can finish the last 10 hours in a 275f oven with the meat wrapped in either paper or foil.

Magoo

"A man can't change his destiny.  a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed." Algren

Have some Well Fed chocolate chilli in the slow cooker which should give me lots of meals for the week. Probably going to freeze half of it. I have fallen in love with having a butcher shop 100 feet from my apartment. Not only do they have all pastured/grass fed meats and pastured eggs, they have bone broth that's actually compliant. 

M1: Scrambled eggs with greens. Fat was coconut milk in coffee. 

M2: Compliant pork sausage in lettuce cups with veggies and avocado. 

M3: Tenderloin with roasted veggies. 

Feeling hungry again today, so I am glad for that. I actually started to feel it a little bit before bed last night, but I just went to sleep and woke up ready to eat. 

In other news, I think my allergies might finally be starting to go away. Not sure if it's the time of year (as in, my allergy season is done), but I haven't taken any pills in days and while I'm still sneezing once in a while for the most part I haven't really noticed. 

Besides chilli for the week planning on making more hash for breakfast and just grilling up some chicken breasts with a nice spice rub to add to a bunch of different meals. Keeping it simple! 

7 hours ago, CookyMagoo said:

BBQ is on the menu...at least at my house it is. Coat my slabs with pastured lard and a dry rub made of salt, LOADs of fresh ground black pepper, ancho chile powder, granulated garlic, coriander and cumin powder. Doesn't matter what meat you use, as long as it has a nice amount of fat on top, Grill/smoke for appropriate time (12-16 hours) and you eat for a week. Enjoy

ps. you can finish the last 10 hours in a 275f oven with the meat wrapped in either paper or foil.

Magoo

"A man can't change his destiny.  a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed." Algren

It wasn't the meat...it was the bbq sauce made with dates that would've caused me to just go and get the brand that I love and slather the NEXT round of ribs with 'the sugar sauce'.  This time is different and better than the first whole for me.  You really do have to be honest with SELF, and just play the video all the way through.  Already discussed this.  bbq sauce made with dates.  SWYPO.  Where is that going to lead next?  Where is this coming from?  Dissatisfaction, swept under the rug from LAST week's bbq outing, when I ate the meat sauceless. 

Okay.  Now what?  Go for what is tasty and good for me.  Kill the Sugar Dragon...SLAY HER!!

Will shop (another thing.  Must be well supplied on this thing. Low supplies leaves room for a wandering mind...) for pastured lard, ancho chile powder and coriander.  Getting the grill out.  Will give this a whirl, Chef.  Thank you for that.

Cumin makes just about EVERYTHING GOOOOOOOD...

Ended up swept away this morning.  Found myself in the midst of a group brunch, place already picked out, no time to look over the menu before arriving, and you can only order from the brunch page until 3:00 p.m.,...so I had to go into emergency mode.  I pulled Helena the server over to the side before the guests of honor showed up at the restaurant and, in my most sweet and polite voice, whispered, 'Hi.  I am doing Whole 30...am in my last 9 days (yeeeeaaaa!!!  that's right!!!!)...is it possible to just have a plain grilled breast and a side of roasted potatoes?'  'Oh!!!!  No problem ma'am!'  :D No sugar/salt brine, potatoes roasted with red pepper and onion.  Yum...

So while everyone else had their French toast, ham bacon and cheddar sandwiches with ketchup on their fries...I put mustard on my roasted potatoes and chicken and laughed along with the rest.  No scene, no embarrassment, no questions.

Amazing time.  Still WHOLE.  B)

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Let's Dooooo It! said:

Ended up swept away this morning.  Found myself in the midst of a group brunch, place already picked out, no time to look over the menu before arriving, and you can only order from the brunch page until 3:00 p.m.,...so I had to go into emergency mode.  I pulled Helena the server over to the side before the guests of honor showed up at the restaurant and, in my most sweet and polite voice, whispered, 'Hi.  I am doing Whole 30...am in my last 9 days (yeeeeaaaa!!!  that's right!!!!)...is it possible to just have a plain grilled breast and a side of roasted potatoes?'  'Oh!!!!  No problem ma'am!'  :D No sugar/salt brine, potatoes roasted with red pepper and onion.  Yum...

So while everyone else had their French toast, ham bacon and cheddar sandwiches with ketchup on their fries...I put mustard on my roasted potatoes and chicken and laughed along with the rest.  No scene, no embarrassment, no questions.

Amazing time.  Still WHOLE.  B)

LOVE this!  Was worried at your first sentance of being 'swept away' and already felt sad, but the rest of the story was amazing! That's so awesome and I'm so glad that you shared it with the group and that you found a way to make the COMPANY the most important and the FOOD secondary, as it should always be!  This is what we tell people.. no one cares what you're eating, they care that you're there and participating!!!  You definitely win today!

20 hours ago, CookyMagoo said:

No worries, aussiegal, I'll keep pluggin' along. Have a hankerin for a Balmain bug, so may have to head to New Castle for the fix. As long as I stay out of the sun I should be fine. How's the temps down your way this time of year. My cousin in Coober Pedy says it's been 24 in the daytime. Not bad for July. 

We now get a good selection of Aussie grass fed beef here in the states, which is so much better tasting than the  CAFO beef that most Americans eat. Are GMOs and hormones outlawed in Oz the way they are in Europe? 

Magoo

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

I hope you get your fix of Balmain bug @CookyMagoo Yum!!  The temps are fine here up in the hills sitting on about 16 during the day but we still call that winter. ;)  Coober Pedy sounds like its having its usual mild one.  I'm not up with the GMO and hormone thing but I know a lot of our big brands advertise hormone free, RSPCA approved etc. but once again it's always read the label or ask the butcher the questions.   I get our grass fed lamb and beef from a small organic  local family farm and I notice the meat can taste different depending on the grass and the season - I thought that was weird after buying in supermarkets for years.  I read your posts, what you cook and how you cook with all the seasonings and I feel sorry for my meat!   But hey  it sure is enjoyed!     Hope you keep feeling better and keep posting.  Have copied down your BBQ recipe to try!

So, some sad developments in my Whole30. Namely that, I cannot have a lot of garlic. It does not agree with my stomach. Small amounts in recipes are fine, but too much and I am not a happy camper. 

This is sad because I love garlic so much. 

My old boss came to see me and we went out for the day. She ended up getting nachos when we went out after the festival we were at. I ate before we left so I just had a club soda. She was very impressed I did not succumb to temptation and I laughed and said I was not even tempted. A few bites of nachos would not interest me on the worst of days and I didn't necessarily want a drink. I only would've gotten one before to be social. 

But long story short she is considering doing a Whole30. She asked for the link to the website and may buy the book as well.  She was asking me lots of questions about what I was eating and what I cannot have and what my meals look like (breakfast in particular). 

Hard to believe we have less than 10 days to go. 

3 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

LOVE this!  Was worried at your first sentance of being 'swept away' and already felt sad, but the rest of the story was amazing! That's so awesome and I'm so glad that you shared it with the group and that you found a way to make the COMPANY the most important and the FOOD secondary, as it should always be!  This is what we tell people.. no one cares what you're eating, they care that you're there and participating!!!  You definitely win today!

Thanks!  Absolutely.  I cannot stress enough how important it is to read read read.  I only mimicked what I read to do in that situation.  Glad to say that IT WORKS.  Wholly grateful to the Whole. 

The first time, I wasn't accountable to anyone. Surprisingly made it through with flying colors, but it was difficult.   Read a lot of forum, but wasn't a part.  It makes a HUGE difference to have a crew keep up with you!

Again, thank you, 'moderator' :lol: and thank all of the 26ers on this forum.

Thank you, thank you.  (as if I won an award or something.  LOL!)

Tuna with homemade mayo (yum) and tomatoes...straight out of the bowl to the spoon and in the mouth. Overload on the potato today. (M1 & 2)  Giving it a rest.

Good M3's to you all!

3 hours ago, nicky05 said:

So, some sad developments in my Whole30. Namely that, I cannot have a lot of garlic. It does not agree with my stomach. Small amounts in recipes are fine, but too much and I am not a happy camper. 

This is sad because I love garlic so much. 

My old boss came to see me and we went out for the day. She ended up getting nachos when we went out after the festival we were at. I ate before we left so I just had a club soda. She was very impressed I did not succumb to temptation and I laughed and said I was not even tempted. A few bites of nachos would not interest me on the worst of days and I didn't necessarily want a drink. I only would've gotten one before to be social. 

But long story short she is considering doing a Whole30. She asked for the link to the website and may buy the book as well.  She was asking me lots of questions about what I was eating and what I cannot have and what my meals look like (breakfast in particular). 

Hard to believe we have less than 10 days to go. 

Yes!!!  THAT'S what I'M talking about!!!  When you go against the norm, not succumb to food peer pressure, it DOES make people think and adjust.

A guy and his girlfriend are going to do the Whole.  Who DOESN'T want this kind of moral strength and integrity???

As many as we can help by example, the better.  B)

5 hours ago, Let's Dooooo It! said:

It wasn't the meat...it was the bbq sauce made with dates that would've caused me to just go and get the brand that I love and slather the NEXT round of ribs with 'the sugar sauce'.  This time is different and better than the first whole for me.  You really do have to be honest with SELF, and just play the video all the way through.  Already discussed this.  bbq sauce made with dates.  SWYPO.  Where is that going to lead next?  Where is this coming from?  Dissatisfaction, swept under the rug from LAST week's bbq outing, when I ate the meat sauceless. 

Okay.  Now what?  Go for what is tasty and good for me.  Kill the Sugar Dragon...SLAY HER!!

Will shop (another thing.  Must be well supplied on this thing. Low supplies leaves room for a wandering mind...) for pastured lard, ancho chile powder and coriander.  Getting the grill out.  Will give this a whirl, Chef.  Thank you for that.

Cumin makes just about EVERYTHING GOOOOOOOD...

I have never used BBQ sauce, so that's not a problem for me. Sorry, but the meat is the attraction for me.

Hang in there,

Magoo

9 hours ago, CookyMagoo said:

I have never used BBQ sauce, so that's not a problem for me. Sorry, but the meat is the attraction for me.

Hang in there,

Magoo

You sound like my mother... "Ah ah ah!!! Do NOT drown my meat in that crap! TASTE it first!"

It is good without it. I have always had a sugar beast to conquer. Now I am aware of the actual challenge at hand!

Brighter days!!!

EIGHT...!!!

Day 27...I can see the finish line. Deciding on what to reintro first. Not worried about dairy. I am done with it. I had been done with it, but got swept up in the cheese wave a few years ago and this has helped me kick it, lol.

I survived the sugar-fest that was my friend's mom's birthday. It all looked so good, but I ate fruit and veggies and guacamole and nuts b/c that was all I could eat at the party. It was basically a small plate b/c it was b/w lunch and dinner..so a snack so to speak. Sooo many handmade treats and again had I not been doing this, I would have been grazing on ALL the treats. 

Looking forward to weighing and measuring on Friday morning, and looking forward to a cocktail Friday night. And I am digging my sleep quality, despite the dreams, the sleep is restful...and I have noticed my anger is in check a bit more. THIS IS HUGE. I'm not kicking the file cabinets after I hang up w/ the boss anymore, :D

53 minutes ago, miyl444 said:

Day 27...I can see the finish line. Deciding on what to reintro first. Not worried about dairy. I am done with it. I had been done with it, but got swept up in the cheese wave a few years ago and this has helped me kick it, lol.

I survived the sugar-fest that was my friend's mom's birthday. It all looked so good, but I ate fruit and veggies and guacamole and nuts b/c that was all I could eat at the party. It was basically a small plate b/c it was b/w lunch and dinner..so a snack so to speak. Sooo many handmade treats and again had I not been doing this, I would have been grazing on ALL the treats. 

Looking forward to weighing and measuring on Friday morning, and looking forward to a cocktail Friday night. And I am digging my sleep quality, despite the dreams, the sleep is restful...and I have noticed my anger is in check a bit more. THIS IS HUGE. I'm not kicking the file cabinets after I hang up w/ the boss anymore, :D

Whoa.

This is good stuff! 5 days behind you...!!!

So...the person that said "YEA!! Let's do this!!" here at my job before leaving came back from vacay today. She's starting over today.  Dear oh dear...

I prepared myself for that possibility,  and just decided to march forward as if i was alone -before the vacay. Good thing.

Encouraged her to get back on the horse but listen...I am on day 22!

Mind over matter...if you don't mind, it don't matter... ;)

7 hours ago, Let's Dooooo It! said:

So...the person that said "YEA!! Let's do this!!" here at my job before leaving came back from vacay today. She's starting over today.  Dear oh dear...

I prepared myself for that possibility,  and just decided to march forward as if i was alone -before the vacay. Good thing.

Encouraged her to get back on the horse but listen...I am on day 22!

Mind over matter...if you don't mind, it don't matter... ;)

I can't think of a scenario where I would throw away my progress for one food, Want a burger, have a steak, want fried fish, get broiled. Vacation is such an excuse for most people. I personally can't think of a thing that I would have to have off plan, just because I am on vacation. Not even alcohol. But that is just me.  I probably would not start a Whole 30 if I knew I had a vacation in the schedule. It's easy for me cause I don't vacation with family(that would be work), I don't go to the beach, and my ideal vaca foods are fish, lamb and veal and some discipline. Hang in there!

Magoo

2 hours ago, CookyMagoo said:

I can't think of a scenario where I would throw away my progress for one food, Want a burger, have a steak, want fried fish, get broiled. Vacation is such an excuse for most people. I personally can't think of a thing that I would have to have off plan, just because I am on vacation. Not even alcohol. But that is just me.  I probably would not start a Whole 30 if I knew I had a vacation in the schedule. It's easy for me cause I don't vacation with family(that would be work), I don't go to the beach, and my ideal vaca foods are fish, lamb and veal and some discipline. Hang in there!

Magoo

You can pretty much hear when a person is not committed, right from the beginning.  When you start out saying  'well I'm going to still have THIS.  THIS is the ONE thing I'm deciding to not give up during the Whole 30.  The rest of it I will do.'

If you go in not being 100%, it's not going to end well.  Either you are doing this, or you are not.  There is no 'Almost 30' or 'Partial 30'.  Making up your mind is half the journey met!  Then the leftovers from the lunches at work don't tempt anymore.  Sandwiches from 'Gourmet' shops, 'Mexican' foods that are being considered 'healthy'...you see through all of this 'food' and feel almost sorry for those that don't know better...yet.  There's always hope.  I got a clue.  Anyone can...

I'm hanging on Chef.  Thanks for the encouragement!

Soooo very pissed off (mainly at myself).  I have had zero cravings and I have felt pretty good this whole time.  I have started to enjoy my black coffee and haven't been craving sugar or cheese. 

Went to my son's Showcase Baseball Tournament at Mizzou this weekend.  It was hot to say the least, so my husband and I were using our metal water bottles to keep our water cold.  We would grab a water from the cooler and dump it into our water bottles so we didn't have open water bottles in the cooler to have cold water.  I was eating right, took my own lunches to the fields, packed a cooler each day for water, had Rxbars and Larabars (W30 approved) for breakfast just in case, and asked each restaurant we ate at about their menu and how the food was prepared.  I took a ribbing from the other parents (all in good fun) at each restaurant because I was "that person." 

On Saturday, I took a sip from my husband's "water" on accident to realize a fatal error.  He had put a Nuun in his water.  Nuun, in case you didn't know, has Stevia in it!  I am so pissed I grabbed his metal water bottle instead of my own.  He kept telling me it is okay and I don't "really" have to start over, but I know I can't cheat myself over even a sip.  Soooo...I have to begin again.  I'm actually okay with it, but I was planning a W30 this go around to end before my vacay and then I was going to do another one after.  I was planning on a screw up over vacation with the amount of times we will be eating out, so I planned my W30 around my vacay.  I never imagined it would be a sip of Nuun that did me in before I even finished my first W30.

Though I'm a little disappointed I didn't complete this W30, I am not giving in.  I am going to continue my W30 journey by staying on task between now and my vacay and not stressing it.  I know I will probably unintentionally consume something over vacay, so I won't be too mad if it happens.  I am going to start my W30 over on August 7th (because it's a Monday).  Ugh!  Nuuns, how could you?

Feeling a bit of a mess today. I was okay until I came home from work but I don't think I added enough fat to my food throughout the day and I just could not get full. Woke up in quite a bit of pain (I'm mid-menstrual cycle) and have just felt like binging like crazy tonight. I wanted to rip into a protein bar I had tucked in the back of my cupboard that would be compliant except for the soy crisps (note, I do not like these bars, I do not crave them in any way shape or form, I actually think they are kind of gross, but tonight I wanted it so badly). I wanted the peanut butter hidden in my fridge I haven't even thought about for three weeks. I wanted to weigh myself. I literally almost pulled the scale out from under my bed and just did it...

And then the anxiety started to set it. I'm feeling really nervous about Whole30 being over and having to step on that scale again. I want to know, but I am afraid of what I might find. One month scale free does not undo fifteen years of scale obsession and disordered eating, sadly. 

Eight days to go, I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing at this point. 

I need to do some breathing exercises and sleep but I am feeling that will be impossible tonight. 

12 hours ago, MarieC1978 said:

Soooo very pissed off (mainly at myself).  I have had zero cravings and I have felt pretty good this whole time.  I have started to enjoy my black coffee and haven't been craving sugar or cheese. 

Went to my son's Showcase Baseball Tournament at Mizzou this weekend.  It was hot to say the least, so my husband and I were using our metal water bottles to keep our water cold.  We would grab a water from the cooler and dump it into our water bottles so we didn't have open water bottles in the cooler to have cold water.  I was eating right, took my own lunches to the fields, packed a cooler each day for water, had Rxbars and Larabars (W30 approved) for breakfast just in case, and asked each restaurant we ate at about their menu and how the food was prepared.  I took a ribbing from the other parents (all in good fun) at each restaurant because I was "that person." 

On Saturday, I took a sip from my husband's "water" on accident to realize a fatal error.  He had put a Nuun in his water.  Nuun, in case you didn't know, has Stevia in it!  I am so pissed I grabbed his metal water bottle instead of my own.  He kept telling me it is okay and I don't "really" have to start over, but I know I can't cheat myself over even a sip.  Soooo...I have to begin again.  I'm actually okay with it, but I was planning a W30 this go around to end before my vacay and then I was going to do another one after.  I was planning on a screw up over vacation with the amount of times we will be eating out, so I planned my W30 around my vacay.  I never imagined it would be a sip of Nuun that did me in before I even finished my first W30.

Though I'm a little disappointed I didn't complete this W30, I am not giving in.  I am going to continue my W30 journey by staying on task between now and my vacay and not stressing it.  I know I will probably unintentionally consume something over vacay, so I won't be too mad if it happens.  I am going to start my W30 over on August 7th (because it's a Monday).  Ugh!  Nuuns, how could you?

YOOOOUUUUU are HARDCORE!...made of the kind of stuff 'go getters' are made of.  MUCH RESPECT.

12 hours ago, nicky05 said:

Feeling a bit of a mess today. I was okay until I came home from work but I don't think I added enough fat to my food throughout the day and I just could not get full. Woke up in quite a bit of pain (I'm mid-menstrual cycle) and have just felt like binging like crazy tonight. I wanted to rip into a protein bar I had tucked in the back of my cupboard that would be compliant except for the soy crisps (note, I do not like these bars, I do not crave them in any way shape or form, I actually think they are kind of gross, but tonight I wanted it so badly). I wanted the peanut butter hidden in my fridge I haven't even thought about for three weeks. I wanted to weigh myself. I literally almost pulled the scale out from under my bed and just did it...

And then the anxiety started to set it. I'm feeling really nervous about Whole30 being over and having to step on that scale again. I want to know, but I am afraid of what I might find. One month scale free does not undo fifteen years of scale obsession and disordered eating, sadly. 

Eight days to go, I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing at this point. 

I need to do some breathing exercises and sleep but I am feeling that will be impossible tonight. 

The timeline is not written in chronological stone, but it hits upon very valid experiences that we have/will encounter.  Have you read it lately?  I'm going to look at it again myself.  You are fine!!!  The mind is a terrible thing.  Don't let it get to ya!!!

Archived