SUDDENLY STARVING!!

I am on day 16 and things are going well. 100 % compliance and I follow the meal templates. Plenty of protein, fats and veggies. I feel good. I sleep well and I wake up hungry for breakfast. I have never felt the need to snack between meals. However, today I am soooo hungry. 3 hours after eating and my stomach is rumbling. I have eaten no differently today than any other day. Have I turned some sort of corner? Are my hormones leveling?

Any thoughts?

• Moderators

I sometimes have a day when I feel extra hungry even though what I was eating would have satisfied me on other days. I don't know why. I just eat more on those days. It only happens every once in a while, so I've never spent any time trying to figure it out.

Personal question: Where are you in your cycle? I have a couple of days each month where I am ravenously hungry. As long as I fill that need for extra food with the good stuff I still feel great. I just have to remind myself that my body *needs* more on those days so I don't beat myself up about eating more. I just stick with the rules to stop when I'm satisfied and it all works out in the end.

I go through days when I can't seem to eat enough. I eat an obscene amount of food on those days. After a couple of days I'm back to normal. I just go with it. Sometimes I pretend I'm having a growth spurt. I never fully accepted that all the attitude I have can fit into my 5'3" frame.

I was like that on day 22. I went from being amazed at how totally satisfied I was with 3 meals, never wanting to snack, to suddenly wanting to eat everything in sight and never feeling full. I swear my stomach became a Tardis. Fortunately it calmed down a bit the next day and was totally back to normal the day after that.

Personal question: Where are you in your cycle? I have a couple of days each month where I am ravenously hungry. As long as I fill that need for extra food with the good stuff I still feel great. I just have to remind myself that my body *needs* more on those days so I don't beat myself up about eating more. I just stick with the rules to stop when I'm satisfied and it all works out in the end.

Well, I feel better knowing that the starving thing just sometimes happens. I do believe that I am ovulating so that might be it. Thanks for the responses everyone!

I am on day 15; and having the same symptom. I have been training pretty heavily; weights and cardio...so I attribute it to that. I am just trying to add more protein and veggies...since those are the two areas where I need the calories the most...everything else seems to be on point.

Just push through it, and you'll be fine.

Archived