• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is my day 16-- so I am not sure if I belong here. I haven't found a group that lines up with my start date (who would start before the holidays, anyway?).

I am thinking about extending until Feb 1-- so it makes sense to be in this group. Now that I am this far, I think it shouldn't be unreasonably hard to make it 45 days. No promises, yet.

I made it through Christmas and New Years (except for 1/3 of a glass of champagne, my eating has been perfect). I am dying to weigh myself, but am fighting the urge. I really think I've lost 3-4 lbs.

Good luck everyone!!!

I'm starting Jan. 2 also. This is my first Whole 30, although I have eaten Primal for over a year until stress and a four-week flu got the better of me and I started eating unhealthy foods again. I've been gorging on yucky foods for a month and really need this kick start to get back on track again. The really big change that has me nervous is the "no dairy" rule. I've rarely gone a meal without dairy, let alone 30 days. It's going to take a lot of determination and support!

You will find lots of support here! Keep posting daily; and you will reap the benefits!

Welcome.

Morning all!

Happy day 1!!!

My eats for today:

M1:cup + shredded cabbage and one shallot cooked in little under 1 tbsp bacon fat, 3 backyard eggs, 2 cups decaf, 4 oz coconut milk

M2:8 oz vegetable chicken soup (homemade) couple handfuls coconut flakes, 1 navel orange

M3:homemade chicken stock, 1/2 chicken breast, bowl of salad (romaine, tomato, cucumber) oil/vinegar

I think I covered all of my bases.

I do have a question though and I was hoping for another opinion.

In the ISWF book it mentions eating fruit everyday being ok, but on the pdf printout for meal building from the website, it says occasional fruit. am i safe to eat an orange a day, or is this really dependent on the individual?

Go get em!

Marie

An orange a day is fine. Might wanna vary that with another type of fruit if you can...but it is fine. If possible, then try to have it in the morning. :D

Heathera, I will just post here on the forums (I'm in this group and also the Whole100 group here). I tried a FB group my second Whole30, and then discovered that one of the things I wanted to cut out of my life was too much FB. LOL I like the specificity of the Whole30 forums.

We had beef stew with a side of roasted broccoli and cauliflower last night. No particular recipe, I just seared the beef in my cast iron skillet, added some chicken broth and (previously sauteed) diced onions and coconut aminos, and let it simmer for about 2 1/2 hours. It ws almost impossibly good. Even my pickiest child was all over it.

We are in the last days of vacation before starting up again for school so we're gearing up with our sleep by going to bed early and then sleeping in as long as we like. It feels good to do that right now.

I would be in on a facebook page!

you get to be the tester then; can you search the group..'cause I'm not sure if everyone can see it, or only 'friends' can.

"Whole 30 2013 - Eat Real Food"

and try to add yourself? I decided to just create a group; and those who want to can add themselves. :)

Need to make sure it is working. :D

Heathera, I will just post here on the forums (I'm in this group and also the Whole100 group here). I tried a FB group my second Whole30, and then discovered that one of the things I wanted to cut out of my life was too much FB. LOL I like the specificity of the Whole30 forums.

We had beef stew with a side of roasted broccoli and cauliflower last night. No particular recipe, I just seared the beef in my cast iron skillet, added some chicken broth and (previously sauteed) diced onions and coconut aminos, and let it simmer for about 2 1/2 hours. It ws almost impossibly good. Even my pickiest child was all over it.

We are in the last days of vacation before starting up again for school so we're gearing up with our sleep by going to bed early and then sleeping in as long as we like. It feels good to do that right now.

Awesome! I'll still be posting in here as well as the group, but I'm not on FB much otherwise; so it's fine for me.

Congratulations on your progress this week too...been reading through some of your other posts! I am happy for you!!

Awesome! I'll still be posting in here as well as the group, but I'm not on FB much otherwise; so it's fine for me.

Congratulations on your progress this week too...been reading through some of your other posts! I am happy for you!!

Sounds good. I know this group has some Whole30, some Whole45, and some Whole100 participants, so I expect it will flex as time goes on. And I like the idea of using FB very selectively. I haven't acquired that skill - it's kind of like internet sugar for me, unfortunately. Browsing without brakes. Ha! Thanks for the support and oh it is good to feel progress!

So glad to have found this group. I bought ISWF back in September, but haven't had the focus to try and do my Whole30. Some goals for this are to decrease my heartburn ( it's constant and its horrible) and get my sugar cravings under control. This last holiday season, I completely caved and gave up, so it's good to focus.

I saw a holistic nutritionist a few years ago, and she helped me lose weight by really introducing me to whole foods (for instance, I would buy bocca burgers because I thought they were healthier than meat)! I lost about 15 pounds working with her, and it really changed my relationship with food. One area I had to learn, and continue to learn, is how to enjoy cooking. I never cooked before, didn't really like it, but to eat healthy you absolutely have to cook. Excited to see recipes and meals here. For prep, I made freezer bag crock pot meals from Stuff I Make my Husband blog. Hopefully it turns out well.

Day one:

Breakfast: Eggs, cabbage

Lunch: pulled pork, salad, salsa

Dinner: sausage with peppers and onions.

Happy Day 1 everyone!! Thankfully I cooked a bunch of whole30 meals ahead of time ease back in but it also helped me have meals for the first few days without having to cook up everything yesterday. Woo!

My go to meals this week are Well Fed's chocolate chili (yum yum yum!) with lots of kale thrown in and dijon roast chicken thighs (and veggies on the side).

I'm really excited for this round of Whole30 because I feel like I have the knowledge needed to do this right and I don't have any obstacles in my way - weddings, parties, etc. January isn't a big social month for me so I won't be tempted to eat out, drink, etc, as much. I'm actually considering having some girlfriends over and making Whole30 friendly foods so I can still be social and they can see that I'm not starving myself!

I am having a small sulk, I have planned and shopped and was ready to cook up a storm tomorrow to be ready and my oven has stopped working : (

I hope you got your oven fixed!! Mine broke during my first Whole30 and I actually cried. I roast everything. One night I was so desparate that I went over to my (now ex-) boyfriend's house to roast some vegetables! A broken oven won't keep me from roasted veggies!!

Actually started on the 1st, but close enough right? My first Whole30 and managed to get the S.O. on board as well.

Close enough! Congratulations on getting the him to agree...my SO backed out of doing a W30...which just means I need you guys more than ever.

Completed Day 1 here too, glad to see loads of people doing the same :) I've started a log on here as well- looks more real written down :D

Awesome! A log was one of the main things that really helped me in December.

Also, a log is crucial for those who might have an issue; moderators can view them; and help determine where issues may reside. :)

I'M IN ...a little nervous though. Unhealthy vegetarian going Paleo... My husband and I decided a month ago that we would start on Jan. 2 so I started sloooowly adding animal protein to my diet right then and there. No gastro-intestinal adventures yet! The mental part might be hard to deal with but knowing that I am improving my health and well-being will hopefully get me through. I spent the whole day cooking and stocking the freezer and fridge. Great Day 1 so far!

So glad to have the support of everyone! Go us!

I am in, starting 2nd of January 2013. Not new to low carb, new to Paleo and Whole30. Any Aussies out there?

Yes..i'm in Tasmania..I started on Jan 1st..after too much champagne!! Feeling pretty average today I must say. I am stricktly gluten free and have known for a long time that grains and lentils are not my freind..alcohol..especially the sulphites and amines in wine are pretty toxic for me too, so looking forward to the upside and enjoying all your wonderful uplifting comments..so supportive.

Day 1 in the books! I even made paleo mayo tonight that came out surprisingly great. Unfortunately, I'm now realizing that quitting coffee yesterday was probably not the best plan, because today I had a horrible caffeine headache all day and I assume tomorrow my sugar headache will take over. That's ok though - I made it through and I even went to the grocery store after work (not a good plan for the future!)

Hello, Happy New Year, Good Morning, and Welcome to the Whole 30...January 2-January 31st, 2013!

I started this thread for accountablity, motivation, and support (and a little tough love when needed!)

What does everyone think about a Facebook group for all of us? I will start one if everyone is in...or if it is the general consensus. I'll still post; and keep up with this thread; but a Facebook group might be fun for all!

I created a group for us; and those who want to join are welcome. I'll post in here as well...'cause I realize not everyone will use Facebook. :)

The group is "Whole 30 2013 - Eat Real Food".

Please ask to join; and I'll add you!

I'm in, please join me up..thank you for making this happen...I must say it will be easier to look at a FB site as there are such a lot of wonderful people and comments here..but I know that it could be a little much to look at them all.

Day 1 is smooth sailing, but still feeling a wee icky from NY gluten exposure BOO!!! But def making this an easier transition lol! almost used So Delicious coconut milk this am, checked the forum first *phew so other than black coffee all good in the hood :)

Day 1 in the books! I even made paleo mayo tonight that came out surprisingly great. Unfortunately, I'm now realizing that quitting coffee yesterday was probably not the best plan, because today I had a horrible caffeine headache all day and I assume tomorrow my sugar headache will take over. That's ok though - I made it through and I even went to the grocery store after work (not a good plan for the future!)

Maybe the two headaches will cancel each other out ;)

Archived