• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 30!!! Coming to an end....I did it!! & good new feeling SOOOOOO much better today. Energy high! Loving it!

Re-introduction sorta makes me nervous, I already know I am gluten & lactose intolerant (except can eat hard cheese), I think I will follow more of the paleo guidelines & whole 30 "rules". I actually like some of the recipes I tried!

I will definitely come back to Whole 30 after I complete my first ultra marathon, 50k!

Finally, happy to feel good inside and out :)

Congrats to everyone who completed the Whole 30! and kudos to those that kept going

Started re-intro on day 31 with dairy. Absolutely no adverse effects but I think I will try all the re-intro items as per schedule and then go back to mostly compliant with another whole 30 in a couple of months. I like the way I feel eating this way and there are so many wonderful foods that are compliant so why mess with a good thing. Mostly doing the re-intro so that if I'm stuck having to eat someplace besides home I will know what I really need to avoid and what doesn't really make any difference (at least not immediately).

Day 27 ...Sugar cravings and hot flashes... What's up with that??

I think it's a mental mind f&@k.... If you go longer you may find on day 57-58, 87-88, you'll start to get cravings also...

I attribute it to nerves about taking off the training wheels.... When on program you feel the safety net of being strictly on program,and towards the end the anxiety of "what's next" sets in... I just dug in and told myself I wish to be healthy so I will only put things in my body that will make me healthier.

How did everyone do with re-intro?

I had my wine, didn't taste as good as I remembered. Indulged in some sugary stuff and bread. Back to feeling bloated :(

I guess I better get back on the Whole 30 & see if I can correct this.

I over indulged Friday and Saturday and ended up feeling kinda nauseous. I went back to the plan on Sunday-- I'd like to stick with it. I have a business lunch at a Korean place. I hope I can find something on the menu that works-- it should be okay. Lamb kabobs for dinner.

I'm alive!! I've been meaning to post updates here but I've gotten so busy!

I completed all 30 days without a single cheat day, cheat meal, exception, etc. It feels great to accomplish something! For re-intro, I didn't follow the plan but I did ease into it. I learned that sugar gives me headaches, wine didn't affect me in a bad way but I did find it made me tired a lot sooner than it usually does (or maybe it was just a long day). I don't plan on bringing dairy or gluten back, at least not in their obvious forms. Or if I have it I'll reserve those for when I really really really think it's worth a potential stomachache or headache.

I only lost about 4.5 pounds but I didn't expect anything drastic. The important part is that I feel great, I didn't have gassy or bloated days, and I did not once have to take any medicine for headaches. Woo! Actually the most important thing is I feel like I have finally overcome my battle with food. I was in control and that feeling rocks!

Overall I plan to continue eating as if I am stil on Whole30 but I'll enjoy the flexibility when it comes to special occasions. Even though I stayed on plans during birthdays and outings, it would be nice to *sometimes* have the option to veer off course.

If anyone wants to read about my whole experience I blogged over at www.heylovedc.com. There's a link on the side that goes to all my Whole30 posts.

Archived