Dizzy/Lightheaded

So I’m on day 11 and I’m a momma to a 3 month old who is exclusively breastfed. I have not had any issue with supply and could make the argument that my already ample supply has even increased. 
So here is where I need help, the last couple of days, I’ve been getting dizzy/lightheaded etc. Things I’ve done since I noticed it, made a conscious effort to make sure my food is salted and have increased my plated fat. I already eat a good amount of plated fats because I’m breastfeeding. 
Anyone have any thoughts about what’s happening? How to make it stop?

Examples of meals... 

Breakfast - sausage patty, egg, cucumber, carrots, sweet potato hash, bell peppers, homemade ranch

Lunch - salmon, potatoes, green beans, avocado

Dinner - cracklin' chicken, potatoes, green beans

Breakfast - same as above (celery instead of bell peppers from time to time or avocado instead of ranch)

Lunch - cracklin' chicken, brussel sprouts, potatoes, carrots, avocado, apple

Dinner - salmon, sweet potato hash, broccoli, avocado

Breakfast - same 

Lunch - cracklin' chicken, carrots, celery, cucumber, bell peppers, potatoes, homemade ranch

Dinner - salmon, sweet potato, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cashews, banana 

I usually eat fairly similar meals as listed above. Thanks for the help!! 

• Administrators

Eat more.....add another meal, add another egg or sausage to your breakfast.  Your body is clearly telling you it's not getting enough energy. More food for you. Four full meals is our recommendation for those breastfeeding.

I will try but the feeling doesn’t go away after eating. And it doesn’t feel like that kind of dizzy, if that makes sense. 

It didn’t go away after I ate dinner last night, wouldn’t it subside at least for a little if it were associated with food? 

I just posted a similar thing. I’m on day 12 today. 

What sausage are you eating? I can’t find any :( I tried finding the Apple gate bacon but I live in a small town and only found their organic hotdogs. I even went to Minneapolis, a big city, but every store I looked at didn’t have it. So weird. 

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, MrsKennel said:

I will try but the feeling doesn’t go away after eating. And it doesn’t feel like that kind of dizzy, if that makes sense. 

It didn’t go away after I ate dinner last night, wouldn’t it subside at least for a little if it were associated with food? 

Yes, likely if it was related to food it would subside which tells me that a trip to the doctor is in order.

32 minutes ago, Erickaplustwo said:

I just posted a similar thing. I’m on day 12 today. 

What sausage are you eating? I can’t find any :( I tried finding the Apple gate bacon but I live in a small town and only found their organic hotdogs. I even went to Minneapolis, a big city, but every store I looked at didn’t have it. So weird. 

We make our own from the nomnompaleo cookbook. We live overseas so we have very few compliant options here. 

8 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Yes, likely if it was related to food it would subside which tells me that a trip to the doctor is in order.

Yea it’s less dizzy and more like my equilibrium/super fog is happening. I’m not ready for my whole30 to be done. Someone on instagram suggested more electrolytes so I’m going to add coconut water to my daily routine or should I not?

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, MrsKennel said:

Yea it’s less dizzy and more like my equilibrium/super fog is happening. I’m not ready for my whole30 to be done. Someone on instagram suggested more electrolytes so I’m going to add coconut water to my daily routine or should I not?

I personally think that if you're exclusively breastfeeding and you're feeling this way, you should go to the doctor... no one on instagram or here is a doctor (which you know) but adding coconut water is not a good substitute for going to have a chat with your doctor.

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Erickaplustwo said:

Wouldn’t going to a doctor just tell you to go off whole 30? 

I don't think so... maybe it's something to do with her blood pressure or an inner ear problem that has nothing to do with what she's eating... 

1 hour ago, SugarcubeOD said:

I don't think so... maybe it's something to do with her blood pressure or an inner ear problem that has nothing to do with what she's eating... 

I’ll go, but being where we are, I have very limited medical care and I can almost guarantee they will tell me to stop whole30. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, MrsKennel said:

I will make an appointment ASAP. 

But if I wasn't breastfeeding, would this be the same suggestions, all around? 

Ya, I'd say so... if you feel this way and increasing your meal sizes isn't helping and you have checked all the things like drink enough water, salt your food, sleep is reasonable etc... then feeling weird like this isn't normal.  I think people are more concerned because you're breastfeeding becuase you're keeping another human alive with your own body so if your body isn't quite on track, then that's risky to you and the baby. 

I agree with the previous poster, if the doc asks what you're eating, tell him/her.  Easy enough to say what you've been eating without giving it the name if you're worried they're not going to like it... In fact, given what I know about most traditional doctors, if they find an 'easy' way to diagnose you (oh, you stopped eating bread, well that's it right there, okay pay at the front desk and thanks for coming) they'll do it without looking further when protein, veggies and fat are not going to do you wrong

• 3 weeks later...

It could be your blood pressure.  I have low(er) blood pressure and when I started the Whole30 I had days where I had a ton of dizziness.  Here in the States you can check your blood pressure at a pharmacy - do you have anything like that available?  FWIW, my doctor said drink tons of water and salt very liberally.  Honestly, the salt I use on my food seems obnoxious at times, but I don’t get the dizzy spells much anymore.  Also, did you stop coffee for your Whole30?  That causes (temporary) blood pressure issues too!

I have had this problem many times and coconut water does the trick. I would try coconut water before spending the money to see the doctor, and of course if that doesn't work, see the doctor. I've been told by doctors that "oh, you're just getting older, stuff like that happens." So, I had to figure it out myself. For me, it was potassium and nothing worked faster than coconut water. 

• 2 months later...

Archived