Funny Question about "It Serves..." amount?

DebbiD

Hi, I started Whole 30 today. I live alone. I just made my first (yum) breakfast. I realize I'm confused. On the one hand the book says for the Spinach Frittata recipe, "Serves 2."  (Frankly for ALL the book's recipes it serves 2.)  On the other hand the book says to save half for tomorrow's leftover meal.

Soooooo, funny question: since I sliced the entire Frittata in half and ate half for breakfast, did I just eat 2 servings or 1?

I am unclear if I should 1/2 or 1/4 all the recipes I make, since I am only one person - OR - keep them as is and always eat half of what I cook and save the other half for the left over next day meal. 

I know and get we are not counting calories etc.  I want to ensure that I am not overeating, or eating for two. :-)

Clarity is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, DebbiD said:

Hi, I started Whole 30 today. I live alone. I just made my first (yum) breakfast. I realize I'm confused. On the one hand the book says for the Spinach Frittata recipe, "Serves 2."  (Frankly for ALL the book's recipes it serves 2.)  On the other hand the book says to save half for tomorrow's leftover meal.

Soooooo, funny question: since I sliced the entire Frittata in half and ate half for breakfast, did I just eat 2 servings or 1?

I am unclear if I should 1/2 or 1/4 all the recipes I make, since I am only one person - OR - keep them as is and always eat half of what I cook and save the other half for the left over next day meal. 

I know and get we are not counting calories etc.  I want to ensure that I am not overeating, or eating for two. :-)

Clarity is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You can calculate a serving of something like fritatta by knowing how many eggs you can hold in one hand without dropping and then divide the fritatta by that total... so if the frittata uses 9 eggs and you can hold 3-4 that's about 3 servings... Or you can eat a smaller serving and add some additional protein (leftovers is what people usually do).

Archived