4/2/2018 Starting Whole30

deviin22

Hello, I am starting my 2nd round of whole30 on 4/2 (waiting until AFTER Easter). Just looking to see if there is anyone else that is starting around the same time. I loved my first whole30 so much and am looking forward to that Tiger Blood again! I think this will kickstart my healthy summer. I have some tricks that i learned during the first round (like always having approved snacks available, meal prepping every sunday, and I know what products to use now), but I'd like some accountability assistance! 

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! Wrote you earlier but it didn’t seem to go through. I’m planning on starting this Sunday, March 25th, but may be open to waiting. I’m a newbie, Age 61, looking to tame some inflammatory autoimmune conditions, and slim down. What are your thoughts on that since this isn’t your first time and your goals may be different?

Hi, I‘m also starting after Easter, planning on April 4. I‘m new to the Whole 30 but have been experimenting with low carb (inspired by Gretchen Rubin and Why we get fat by Gary Taubes) for about a year.

7 hours ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

Hi! Wrote you earlier but it didn’t seem to go through. I’m planning on starting this Sunday, March 25th, but may be open to waiting. I’m a newbie, Age 61, looking to tame some inflammatory autoimmune conditions, and slim down. What are your thoughts on that since this isn’t your first time and your goals may be different?

Hello! I think that taming inflammation is a very good reason to do Whole30. While most people do lose weight on this program, that is just an added bonus. My first round had me sleeping better, got rid of my 3pm energy crashes, leveled my moods, lessened my anxiety, and I did ultimately lose 6 lbs when all was said and done. I had hoped to lose 10, but my non scale victories were too great to feel disappointed. This time around, I am not going to focus on the weight issue at all. I think it’s great that you’ve decided to try W30 and I hope you end up having as great of an experience as I did! 

Hi! Sounds great then! I’ll start on April 2nd with you, if that’s cool, and whoever else may indeed join us. I’ve been doing my research and gathering my supplies. I’m really excited about this process and any and all ensuing results. Please keep in touch and we’ll do this thing! I want to go at least one round, probably longer. Be encouraged! Hope4Overcomers

Hello, plan to start on 2nd April as well and this is my first W30.  Reading the Whole 30 book and getting my home and head ready and make the most of this “reset”.  I am 52 years old, going through menopause and have a number of issues: obesity, allergies and digestive as well as aches and pains.  Look forward to the forum support and learning from those that have done this before.  

Thanks Hope...

may need a small army! :)

Seriously i’m  looking forward to it, need to kickstart the metabolism. my wife wanted to wait until after Easter, homemade Easter Bread. 

Glad to meet you, hope it’s a fun month. 

Hello,

I'm planning on starting April 2nd, I'm 55 y/o. I workout almost daily, and I want to loose that last 10 -13 lbs that keep creeping back up on me over the winter. I also have some autoimmune issues, such as occasional psoriasis and general joint inflammation that I would like to get under control. I know it is all food related.

I workout really hard in the mornings. I lift weights, jog and do HIIT workouts. My biggest challenge with the Whole30 plan is that I use whey protein isolate before and after every workout.  I have to figure out how to get fast acting protein into my system at 5:30 am. I can't really eat before I workout, I prefer to workout on a near empty stomach. So I have a challenge here.  

I'm also picky about my protein. I just picked up one of the newer Whole30 cook books and found there are a lot of beef and pork recipes in there. I shy away from those meats.  I need to look into vegetarian Whole30 options that provides complete protein. It's hard to get a vegetarian complete protein without beans and rice. 

I hate to be all picky!  This Whole30 sounds like the exact thing that I need! 

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, AtlantaJJ said:

Hello,

I'm planning on starting April 2nd, I'm 55 y/o. I workout almost daily, and I want to loose that last 10 -13 lbs that keep creeping back up on me over the winter. I also have some autoimmune issues, such as occasional psoriasis and general joint inflammation that I would like to get under control. I know it is all food related.

I workout really hard in the mornings. I lift weights, jog and do HIIT workouts. My biggest challenge with the Whole30 plan is that I use whey protein isolate before and after every workout.  I have to figure out how to get fast acting protein into my system at 5:30 am. I can't really eat before I workout, I prefer to workout on a near empty stomach. So I have a challenge here.  

I'm also picky about my protein. I just picked up one of the newer Whole30 cook books and found there are a lot of beef and pork recipes in there. I shy away from those meats.  I need to look into vegetarian Whole30 options that provides complete protein. It's hard to get a vegetarian complete protein without beans and rice. 

I hate to be all picky!  This Whole30 sounds like the exact thing that I need! 

Almost all recipes that use pork can be subbed for chicken I've found.  If you eat meat, fish, poultry and eggs, it's our recommendation that you do the program as written without the vegetarian protein options in order to get the best results.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

@AtlantaJJ I can definitely relate to your dilemma. I googled Whole30 Vegetarian and downloaded the shopping list. I’m sure there are recipes too. I am trying to find a protein powder that is acceptable, like maybe flax or rice. Got some research to do there. Keep me posted on what you learn too. And, WELCOME!!!

Flax or rice protein powder would not be compliant with the program as written.  Protein powder in general is frowned on as we want you chewing your food, not drinking it.  You can google 'whole30 can I have smoothies' and scroll down to the smoothie section and see what the reasoning is behind this.  like my reply above, if you eat meat, fish, seafood, eggs and poultry, it is recommended that you do the program as written without vegetarian options to get the best results.

39 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Almost all recipes that use pork can be subbed for chicken I've found.  If you eat meat, fish, poultry and eggs, it's our recommendation t

1 minute ago, Hope4Overcomers said:

Thank you so much for the feedback!

hat you do the program as written without the vegetarian protein options in order to get the best results.

Archived