Feeling Hungry Often

Hello, 

I know I am only on day 2, but I am feeling hungry all the time. I will eat all my food I have prepared and then feel hungry again in about 1-2 hours. I can share what I am eating to maybe get an idea of where I am lacking for next week to add. 

Monday:

Breakfast: chia seed pudding made with full fat coconut milk, banana, and scoop of almond and coconut butter. 2 hard boiled eggs. 

Lunch: can of tuna with paleo mayo, 1 cucumber sliced, and cara cara orange

Dinner: Salmon with zucchini noodles, ghee and hot sauce, and one small potato. 

Tuesday:

Breakfast: chia seed pudding made with full fat coconut milk, banana, and scoop of almond and coconut butter. 2 hard boiled eggs.

Lunch: leftover salmon with broccoli and potato with ghee. 

Dinner: Broccoli Beef made in the crock-pot with cauliflower rice. 

Thanks guys! 

I'm gonna keep on trekking on in the mean time and try and drink more water to see if that helps the feeling of being hungry and maybe eat some nuts and carrots for now. 

Your breakfasts have 0 veggies involved, and chia pudding is not permitted on the program.
There's a pretty in-depth forum topic that covers the subject, which might be beneficial to look over.

The meal template (https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf) is our friend too, and I think if you can tweak adapt meals to fit the template a bit better, you might be able to last longer between meals. If you still feel hungry while following the template, don't be afraid to increase portions while keeping the proportions close to what's suggested.

It can take time to get the hang of it, especially if parts of the program go counter to what you've always been taught about healthy eating... but it's worth it to give over entirely to the suggestions and see what happens.

Okay, I see the chia seed pudding thing. I had no idea that it wasn't allowed! 

I feel fine in the morning, my problem when I get hungry is actually after lunch and dinner. I feel like I am eating a ton of vegetables and still feel hungry like an hour later. I feel the most hungry right around 3pm-10pm. 

• Whole30 Certified Coach

@mimorgan Are you exercising? If so, you may need more food. 

Also, it looks like you could add more fat to your lunch and dinner meals.  Do you like avocado? Keep in mind that fruit and starchy veggies may also impact your blood sugar causing you to feel hungry later.  Make sure you’re pairing these foods with enough fat or protein!

You’re not following the template at all. Besides the pudding issue, you’re not eating enough vegetables or enough fat. You’re also eating too much fruit. Try following the template as close to exactly as you can, increase your veggies, decrease your fruit and limit starchy veggies to 1 fist sized serving a day.

7 hours ago, Pandora Black said:

Also, a serving of eggs is more than two. It’s how many you can hold in your hand. For me that’s FOUR.

It's also 4 for me, but I am not the biggest fan of eggs, so I typically do 2 eggs and some homemade sausage or some other protein. Saves some money because eggs are cheap, but keeps me from hating my meal because it's all eggs. :) 

Okay its day 9 and not feeling as hungry any more for sure. The issue I have been dealing with and this might be tmi but is stomach upset. I suffer from IBS which is why I started this program and I have done FODMAP before. I am wondering if it is because I am eating much more vegetables than before and it is causing stomach problems. I have IBS-D if that helps at all. Is it normal to be having stomach issues this long in Whole 30?

Archived