Amy's Log for 2020

Amy_Michigan

17 minutes ago, Emma said:

I don't eat when I'm stressed. Most of the time it doesn't seem to impact me in any way that I notice and I often feel better because I'm not putting things in my system that bog it down. But, at the same time, there is something to that "take care of yourself" thinking. I'm impressed that you're planning on prepping your foods in the evening.

I prepped!  I cut lettuce and chicken and put them in my salad bowl and placed it in the fridge.  What a simple thing that will save me time tomorrow and keep me on the whole30 path. :) 

I hope everyone that has days where they want to cheat tries this herbal tea.  It is the only tea I actually like.  It has probably saved me once or twice from snacking at night with TV shows.  All the flavors they offer prevent me from getting bored.  I don’t drink this every night..maybe 2-3 times a week.  My  favorites are Raspberry Zinger, Wild Berry Zinger, and True Blueberry.

79F42428-C5D4-4CC2-BE01-8A2D1FB0370F.jpeg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG my digestive system is exploding and I don't know what I did wrong.  I should probably start logging what I have been drinking in addition to foods I have eaten.  I have been drinking quite a lot of coffee during the day this whole week.  And I have been drinking a lot of carbonated La Croix water at night.  I have also been fasting (no food) for 12 hours in the middle of the day for two days in a row- NOT intentionally, but it happened.  I woke up with a huge air bubble in my abdomen that was painful.  I didn't really notice it that much until I went pee this morning and then the pain was more apparent.   I took a couple of tums.  A couple of hours later and the pain is gone now after a trip to the bathroom and diarrhea.  :unsure:  So THAT'S not cool.  Haven't had that at ALL during my whole30 so far (I don't think).  I also stayed up really late last night (again)- I don't even have a reason.  Maybe the caffeine and/or the rush of things I had to do after work today made me restless.

Well, I went back to my healthy routine of eating a good breakfast and packed a healthy lunch.  I'll try to lighten up my coffee intake during the day, and go back to no eating after 7 pm.  I'll try to go to sleep by 10:30pm each night.  Going to be hard, but I know I can do it!

I look at that tea sampler and think....not for me! But you know - maybe I'd like it! I'll keep my eyes open at the store.

Super kudos for prepping your lunch AND getting up and making some breakfast!!!

As for the digestive scenario - maybe it's your change in eating or maybe you just picked up a small stomach bug. You should still do all the good balanced stuff, of course, but maybe the lack of balance didn't cause it.  I even wonder if your not eating could be due to a small stomach bug. I only say this because we had one go through work and people didn't get the normal headache and icky feelings, but we all had a couple hours of bathroom use and it impacted our eating.

Well....anyway...you're rocking it this morning!!!

SO, I ate my good breakfast yesterday and my salad I packed for myself for lunch, came home and wasn't hungry for dinner.  I got home at around 6 PM and I could have made something and ate dinner anyway, but nothing sounded good so I shrugged it off and went to bed by my new, self-inflicted bedtime of 10:30.  I watched Children of Men with my husband which is really depressing.  I thought I'd never seen it before, but I had a few years back so it was even slower than watching it the first time.  It does give you things to think about though.  There were immigrants in cages, and officers like ICE, and terrible pollution everywhere.  Not anything like the world now... :unsure:  

I had a good breakfast this morning, so hopefully that starts my day off right and helps me get through the day with more optimism.

I don't feel sick today, so that is good news.  I will try to drink a lot of water and eat a healthy meal-template lunch today.  :) 

Day 22/ Restart Day 7

M1: eggs as mentioned in previous post

M2: Not a good mea.  I had almonds and some sweet potato chips that had canola oil.  I know- canola oil is not ideal, but my personal choice is not to restart due to that.

M3: Here is my yummy dinner... broccoli with ghee and beef-mushroom burger.

20CCF6C5-0A8F-4989-93A7-1A4D1323DD75.jpeg

Day 23/ Restart Day 8

Eggs for breakfast

Chicken salad with tomatoes for lunch

Turkey-mushroom burger, roasted broccoli, and roasted sweet potatoes for dinner YUM :D

69C0FA3A-856A-41FB-9653-D4162FC0EFA0.jpeg

AA580E1F-C823-43AA-AD17-86DE75D34987.jpeg

I ended up sharing the huge batches of roasted broccoli and roasted sweet potato fries with my family.  They loved it, except my son who loved the broccoli but didn’t care for sweet potato.

Day 24/ Restart day 9

M1: banana

M2: two hashbrowns from McDonalds. (Emergency because I had no other food)

I don’t know what’s all in the hashbrowns..probably vegetable oil.  Not going to restart for oil though.  I know that it’s a no-no ...but it is a personal choice.

M3: two beef-mushroom burgers, roasted broccoli, and roasted sweet potato fries.

6D4C2CAB-E547-47EF-BCC7-82CB57FD6977.jpeg

Apparently hashbrowns contain A LOT more ingredients than I thought. :unsure:   I’ll reflect on this and I will probably be back to day 1 tomorrow.

Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (canola Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [wheat And Milk Derivatives]*), Salt, Corn Flour, Dehydrated Potato, Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (maintain Color), Extractives Of Black Pepper. *natural Beef Flavor Contains Hydrolyzed Wheat And Hydrolyzed Milk As Starting Ingredients

Day 25/ Reset Day 0 - will restart tomorrow

M1: two scrambled eggs and a banana

M2: two hard boiled eggs and apple slices at Starbucks and the wellness “comfort” tea

M3: Gas station emergency foods- two small packages of mixed nuts (no peanuts), a Naked blueberry drink

M4: Spinach salad with cucumbers and avocado ranch dressing

Had a job interview today.  I left with kind of weird feeling because I don’t know if I should hope I get the job or not.  The people seemed very nice but the company is soo different than any where else I’ve worked... there is no way to tell if I’d like it there or not.  The weird thing is that my interviewers looked VERY familiar as if I’d met them before.  Maybe that is a good sign?  I’m going to try to come up with a few more questions for them if they give me an offer.

This job interview went much better than my last one.  For my last one, my first interview in awhile, I got to the place 5 minutes late and the guy decided I wasn’t a good fit for the job based off of that and literally sent me packing as soon as I got to his office.  I’m glad I was late to that particular interview because I would not have gotten along well with that guy, and it taught me to be more careful for future interviews that I care more about.  My friend works there and she tried to warn me about him, and her warnings convinced me I probably would not accept the job.  At least it worked out for the best.  That guy will haunt my nightmares, though.

10 hours ago, BabyBear said:

For being Day 0 most of your meals looked pretty good!  I hate McDonald’s did that too you, but man talk about eye opening on their ingredient list.  I hope you have a great day tomorrow 

Yes, I’ve been sticking mostly to plan because I’m determined to see where I am at day 30 even though I haven’t been perfect.  I’ll probably go to Day 60 (since my original Day 1) and stop there to try to reintroduce some foods.  

Anyway, so far I am seeing a lot of “face gains” which means my face looks thinner/less double chin.  I’m less bloated so my shirts have been fitting a little nicer. Also, I don’t think I’ve gotten sick (knock on wood) since starting this.  My digestive system has needed to adjust but I’m feeling pretty good now.  My face redness is still there, but I’ve started using Noble Formula, a bar I found on amazon that sometimes helps with weird face issues like mine.  I found my face is less inflamed although it is still red.  Also, I can’t find a moisturizing lotion to apply after washing my face with that bar because when I tried the other day to put daily moisturizer with sunscreen on my freshly washed face, the inflammation came back.  Maybe I need to stay away from the stuff with sunscreen in it.

Today, I called an old colleague that is basically a super-woman engineering mentor. She has offered to help me find a new job. It is so great that I have gotten to know a few women in my field that have become leaders (managing regional or national departments of their companies) due their hard working, confident attitudes.  I aspire to be at the top of my game like that- I just need to find the right position.

I also got a hair cut yesterday and I'm feeling really great about this new fresh "look" I have going on.  My hair was a little long/not quite mid-back and now it's just at my shoulders, maybe a little above.  

I have another job interview soon and I'm sitting at the Wendy's across the street in my car.  Going to go in and use the bathroom/get my jacket on...so funny how nervous I am going into these things when I've gone through so many of them over the years!

M1: 1 egg and a banana

M2: Starbucks 2 hard boiled eggs.  Didnt eat the fruit yet.  Eating sweet potato chips that look compliant except for having canola oil.

Yesterday continued - Day 26/ Reset Day 0 (going to start fresh after I get groceries)

M3: Fools Gold Chicken Nuggets and roasted broccoli in avocado oil

snack: banana with almond butter mixed with cocoa powder

Watched “Joker” with my husband last night.  Wished I had pop and candy/popcorn but settled for my banana snack.

@Amy_Michigan sounds like you are having some great NSV success!  Have you tried virgin unrefined coconut oil for a moisturizer?  It is amazing especially for skin issues.  It also has an spf of 8 making a natural sun screen.  It actually permeate to the bottom layers of the dermatitis so it hydrated from the bottom layers up rather than typical moisturizers that draw moisture up from the bottom layers to the top giving an appearance of moisturizing when they actually dehydrate the skin.   It takes a few days to build up the layers of moisture through all the skin layers so you will feel like you are applying a lot at first, but once all the layers are properly hydrated you will need very little coconut oil to moisturize your skin. It did wonders for my son’s skin, and my skin for that matter.

1 hour ago, BabyBear said:

@Amy_Michigan sounds like you are having some great NSV success!  Have you tried virgin unrefined coconut oil for a moisturizer?  It is amazing especially for skin issues.  It also has an spf of 8 making a natural sun screen.  It actually permeate to the bottom layers of the dermatitis so it hydrated from the bottom layers up rather than typical moisturizers that draw moisture up from the bottom layers to the top giving an appearance of moisturizing when they actually dehydrate the skin.   It takes a few days to build up the layers of moisture through all the skin layers so you will feel like you are applying a lot at first, but once all the layers are properly hydrated you will need very little coconut oil to moisturize your skin. It did wonders for my son’s skin, and my skin for that matter.

No, I haven't tried that!  I tried coconut oil on my face for a while but I don't think it was unrefined.  It is this kind (see picture), which is supposed to be good for skin and nails.  It did not improve the inflammation/redness issue I have.  It isn't just dry, though...I think I have some kind of skin condition.  I will find out more at my dermatologist appointment coming up. I hope the mystery will be solved!

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 10.56.29 AM.png

Day 27/ Reset Day 0 

I decided to celebrate today's job offers and broke the rules...had a cheese protein box at Starbucks instead of the egg box I normally get.  BIG MISTAKE.  My body hates me right now.  I had crampy, bad poo and now I feel awful and gross.

First, I ate the cheese and fruit and I was and going to leave the crackers, but there was one type of cheese I was very tempted to eat on a cracker, so I ended up eating not 1 but all the crackers that came with the protein box.  4 maybe?  They are like a mix of seeds, flax, oats, etc. but also have some wheat flour.  Anyway...that decision to eat cheese and crackers was sooo not smart.

#regret

14 minutes ago, Amy_Michigan said:

Day 27/ Reset Day 0 

I decided to celebrate today's job offers and broke the rules...had a cheese protein box at Starbucks instead of the egg box I normally get.  BIG MISTAKE.  My body hates me right now.  I had crampy, bad poo and now I feel awful and gross.

First, I ate the cheese and fruit and I was and going to leave the crackers, but there was one type of cheese I was very tempted to eat on a cracker, so I ended up eating not 1 but all the crackers that came with the protein box.  4 maybe?  They are like a mix of seeds, flax, oats, etc. but also have some wheat flour.  Anyway...that decision to eat cheese and crackers was sooo not smart.

#regret

Nooo. It's so sad when something turns on you like that. I'm with you on the reset!

Day 28/ Still Reset Day 0 

I’m not ready to start up on Day 1 yet because my fridge is still empty, but I did make tuna patties for breakfast!  We have eggs and tuna and almond flour left so that was sort of my only option for breakfast unless I had plain eggs again.  This is much more delicious!

Plus, I’ve missed eating meat because I’m not eating meat on Ash Wednesday or on Fridays during Lent.  So I plan to get good protein today.

Yesterday I had

M1: 2 eggs and a banana

M2: cheese and fruit protein box from Starbucks- not compliant and I left like crap a few hours later

M3: Tomatoes dipped in compliant ranch dressing and sweet potato fries

Today, here is a picture of my tuna patties for M1:

F481C2CE-DA8F-4CFC-8F79-B87FC9FFE6E1.jpeg

Day 29/ Still reset day 0...will restart March 1st

I accepted a job offer today and I’m excited!  I start March 9th.

M1: scrambled eggs and a banana

M2: wellness tea at Starbucks and chocolate covered almonds

M3:  Salad with 2 hard boiled eggs, romaine, spinach, tomatoes, avocado ranch

F5001A18-8577-4D01-9C0E-49A0D2F37240.jpeg

Archived