Question for women 45+

Christy L Jones

The Whole30 has been a tremendous boost to my overall health and well being, primarily in more energy and flatter belly. My challenge is that I tend to be all or nothing, with Whole30 and with exercise. I enjoy working out, but have a hard time making the time if I'm not all in on a big goal like a half marathon or triathlon. Am I the only one?

When it comes to working out, what is YOUR single greatest challenge/obstacle? What solutions have worked for you?

I know this sounds silly, but I have a hard time just switching channels in my life.  Do I really want to race home from work, CHANGE from my office clothes into workout clothes then leave again?  Or do I really want to change from my office clothes to workout clothes in a cold stall at the gym?  Like I said, small road bumps, but it's what keeps me from being consistent.  

My solution?  Just pushing through and doing it.  When I can make myself. ;)

It is hard to make time.  I have the same problem.  I've been taking pilates classes on and off over the past 6 years.  I found a studio that was on my way home from work (super convenient), the teacher is great, other students great and I feel great after doing it.  So that has helped me have a regular routine.  If it takes too much time/effort etc, then it's hard to make something a regular habit.

• 9 months later...

I notice that there are sections called Whole 30 for Athletes, Whole 30 for Ladies and Whole 30 for Vegetarians.  Can we get a Whole 30 for Seniors started?  I am 68 and have always eaten relatively healthy but as I've gotten older and passed age 60, my metabolism has definitely slowed down. I would love to have a support group for young at heart seniors who are still striving for better health and healthy living.  

On 1/2/2021 at 5:06 PM, RhonaBee said:

I notice that there are sections called Whole 30 for Athletes, Whole 30 for Ladies and Whole 30 for Vegetarians.  Can we get a Whole 30 for Seniors started?  I am 68 and have always eaten relatively healthy but as I've gotten older and passed age 60, my metabolism has definitely slowed down. I would love to have a support group for young at heart seniors who are still striving for better health and healthy living.  

Amen Rhona! This is my first W30 as a 60 year old and it is already different from previous ones I did. First, I gained a lot of weight very quickly last year with relatively minor dietary changes - just snacking more often while stuck at home. Very frustrating so, I'm really curious to see if I lose weight this time - it wasn't a factor before! Second, I can't eat as much of the W30 compliant meals as I have done before. We are not eating snacks - trying to break that habit - but the meals that keep us full aren't as substantial as they were even 2 years ago.  Third - I never experienced TIger Blood in previous W30s - I'm a pretty energetic person as a general rule - however that energy has decreased over the past year as well. I'm keen to see if that happens this time. 

Overall, on day 6 I am already experiencing W30 magic - my general anxiety has disappeared, I am sleeping so well and my overall digestion is improved. We feel so good eating this way that we are already working on the psychology of adopting this diet permanently.

Greetings. I am 59 and doing this for the first time. Over the past nine months, I have been eating that doesn't run away, and have single handedly kept wine producers in business. So I have gained significant weight, and have been diagnosed with Asthma like symptoms.  My goal for this challenge is to get my bad food habits under control. I am really hoping to lose weight also. While I fee good, I have not experienced any magic yet. Would enjoy continuing conversation.

Archived