Christy L Jones

Question for women 45+

The Whole30 has been a tremendous boost to my overall health and well being, primarily in more energy and flatter belly. My challenge is that I tend to be all or nothing, with Whole30 and with exercise. I enjoy working out, but have a hard time making the time if I'm not all in on a big goal like a half marathon or triathlon. Am I the only one?

When it comes to working out, what is YOUR single greatest challenge/obstacle? What solutions have worked for you?

I know this sounds silly, but I have a hard time just switching channels in my life.  Do I really want to race home from work, CHANGE from my office clothes into workout clothes then leave again?  Or do I really want to change from my office clothes to workout clothes in a cold stall at the gym?  Like I said, small road bumps, but it's what keeps me from being consistent.  

My solution?  Just pushing through and doing it.  When I can make myself. ;)

It is hard to make time.  I have the same problem.  I've been taking pilates classes on and off over the past 6 years.  I found a studio that was on my way home from work (super convenient), the teacher is great, other students great and I feel great after doing it.  So that has helped me have a regular routine.  If it takes too much time/effort etc, then it's hard to make something a regular habit.