Anyone else starting 8/16?

ChristyJ

I've been thinking about doing the September Whole30; however, I want to start now.  I've done 6-7 over the past several years, and they're a great reset for me.  

I've written a list of my favorite Whole30 meals and am going grocery shopping tomorrow/will start food prep.

Anyone else starting on Monday, 8/16?

Hi Christy -- YES! I started today, too! Would love to have a journey & accountability buddy for the next month, if you're open to it?

I've also done 3 previous Whole30's... I am kind of doing a whole life reset at the moment, and this is to recalibrate my palate, energy needs, and correct some bad habits I've slipped into (oh, the nighttime snacking...). 

Hope the first day is going well for you! What are you cooking for dinner?

3 hours ago, hmb13 said:

Hi Christy -- YES! I started today, too! Would love to have a journey & accountability buddy for the next month, if you're open to it?

I've also done 3 previous Whole30's... I am kind of doing a whole life reset at the moment, and this is to recalibrate my palate, energy needs, and correct some bad habits I've slipped into (oh, the nighttime snacking...). 

Hope the first day is going well for you! What are you cooking for dinner?

I'd love an accountability buddy!  What's the best format for us to do that?  Sounds like your goals are similar to mine.  

I had a bison burger, buffalo style cauliflower and a few olives for dinner.  How about you?  Any other food prep today?  I whipped up some chicken salad.  I'm heading into the office tomorrow through Thursday, which will be my first time back in (except for a 15 min supply run) since 3/16/20.  I already have food planned out for the day, so I should be in good shape.

On 8/16/2021 at 6:36 PM, ChristyJ said:

I'd love an accountability buddy!  What's the best format for us to do that?  Sounds like your goals are similar to mine.  

I had a bison burger, buffalo style cauliflower and a few olives for dinner.  How about you?  Any other food prep today?  I whipped up some chicken salad.  I'm heading into the office tomorrow through Thursday, which will be my first time back in (except for a 15 min supply run) since 3/16/20.  I already have food planned out for the day, so I should be in good shape.

Hi Christy,

Awesome! I'm not quite sure the best way to stay in touch -- there isn't a DM function on here, is there? I suppose we could just keep replying to this thread or... ?? 

For the past couple nights, I have eaten ground pork-stuffed peppers. They were a bit bland (as I have found many Whole30 recipes to be). Last night I added avocados, which helped a bit. Lunches have been tuna nicoise salad, and breakfasts are eggs with either sweet potatoes or avocados. 

The one thing I struggle with is being hungry! I don't think I'm getting enough calories (I'm a thin person so can't really afford to lose weight). I find the protein-rich meals fill me up quickly, so I'm unable to eat huge plates, but then I am hungry in ~3 hrs or so. I usually eat a handful of mixed nuts as snacks in between. Would love to know more about your experiences...

If you come upon any great recipes/meal ideas - please let me know! Good luck on Day 3!

Heather

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hmb13 said:

I'm not quite sure the best way to stay in touch -- there isn't a DM function on here, is there? I suppose we could just keep replying to this thread or... ?? 

Just popping in to let you guys know that there is a DM function on here - usually people reply to the thread tho because it often gets a larger conversation going - we've had some groups have dozens of pages on their threads because they're sharing their meals, struggles, wins etc... 

It's up to you guys how you do it but just wanted to let you know.

So far so good for me, I have had quite a headache but I am not sure if that's from starting or from lack of sleep or something else.  I was already eating mostly compliant foods so I am mainly giving up cream and sweetener in my coffee and dark chocolate plus some little cheese, not much though.

I have a lot of leftovers in the frig so today for breakfast I had leftover meatballs over hearts of palm pasta, spinach salad with creamy italian dressing and a fried egg on top, plus a few grapes and coffee with coconut milk.  Yesterday I had a hard time drinking my coffee without sweetener but this morning it's actually pretty good.

For lunch I will probably have more leftovers:  beef and broccoli plus carrots and other veg maybe with almond butter,

Dinner plans tonight is taco salad with leftover pork, avocado, tomato and whatever else I can find.  The family will probably have actual tacos but no wraps for me as I don't have any lettuce that would work as a wrap right now.  

This is my first Whole30 and I am optimistic.  Some of the regular foods allowed are ones I have been avoiding like nightshades but I am going to play around with letting some in (like tomatoes for dinner tonight) and maybe even some potatoes.  We will see how I feel with those items and whether I want to continue with those or not.

Archived