Breakfast receipe--Is this okay to make?

melody

Before starting Whole30, one my of go-to breakfast options when I was in a rush was this:

2 cups of cooked pumpkin (or 1 can of regular pumpkin)

1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk

3 eggs

1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice

4 tablespoons of coconut or almond flour

optional: 1 small slice of fresh ginger (about size of top part of pinky finger)

4 tablespoons of maple syrup 1/2 cup of turkey, sausage or other meat

In a high powered blender, mixer or vitamix combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into greased pie pan. Cook at 350F for 1 hour, turning once.

I was considering making this with the above substitution of meat to make it savory.

Now I know we're not supposed to paleofiy treats, but would this fall into that category or would this be more like an egg muffin? I ask because with sweetener this would be considered a pumpkin pie, but with turkey instead it seems like a pretty decent on the go breakfast and definitely not a dessert.

Thanks guys!

I'm really trying with the meat, but I hate it. I promised myself that I'd try the whole30 as a meat eater, but at this point I can't wait to be vegetarian again, so the idea of bumping up the meat doesn't thrill me...

Thanks guys!

I'm really trying with the meat, but I hate it. I promised myself that I'd try the whole30 as a meat eater, but at this point I can't wait to be vegetarian again, so the idea of bumping up the meat doesn't thrill me...

Melody - I just noticed that there are 3 eggs, not one. If this is being consumed all in one sitting, that may well be enough protein for you at that meal. I would DEFINITELY add some more veg to this though. My general rule is that a starchy does not count as my "vegetable" for a meal. If I have a starch, there has to be at least one more veg to go with it.

Archived