It Starts With Food on Kindle

SusanQ22

I went on Amazon to preorder It Starts With Food today but the thing is... I don't read real books... I lose them, lose my place... I use my kindle app on ipad... so I clicked the button to let the publisher know I WANT IT ON KINDLE!!! If anybody else wants it on kindle, go let the publisher know... :)

Of course... I'll buy the hardback if it doesn't come out on Kindle... but ohhhhh... I do love reading on my ipad...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its available on Kindle now :-) Curious to know if the info in the book is much more than what we get in the Whole30 Guide - would love to hear from people who have read it..........

ISWF has MUCH more detail about the science...

• 2 weeks later...

I got my copy of ISWF on the Kindle as well, and love everything about it, except that the charts and menus in the back are impractical in the Kindle format (the screen just isn't big enough). If I download the book to my PC, the charts are easier to read, but not convenient in the kitchen where I need it.

It would be awesome if we could have access to the appendix information as a printable download. :)

Ann, unfortunately, we are limited by the publisher as to what we can offer for free from the book. We created downloadable Guides to compliment the book, but we can't pull material from the manuscript to offer for free. Sorry about that!

The formatting issues on the Nook have been corrected, and I know the charts don't look great on the Kindle - it's hard to make anything that isn't straight text look good on the e-readers. We did the best we could!

Melissa

• 4 weeks later...

The formatting issues on the Nook have been corrected ...

Melissa

Hi! I really like the ISWF book. I purchased it as a Nook book about 2 weeks ago, and am reading (and re-reading!) it using the Nook software on my iPad. Some of the charts in the back are still messed up for me; a specific example is the "Season" column on the Master Recipe chart for vegetables, which appears as one very long, skinny column Any ideas how I could get the "corrected" copy?

Sorry about the formatting issues - there are limitations to e-reader formats with things like charts and graphs, because users can select their own font size and font style, which can push items that should normally fit on one page to more than one (and make things look funky). Try adjusting your font size to a smaller point, and see if that helps. I'll speak with our publisher and the gentleman who designed our Nook format, and see if there are any fixes we can do on our end.

Best,

Melissa

Just thought I'd mention here that I noticed that the Kindle version is missing all of the headers for the little box inserts (the ones that have some side info related to the main text in them). It doesn't take away from the experience since they're just headers and not needed to understand things, but if it's fixable, it'd be worth doing that. I only knew they actually existed in the hard copy because I used the "look inside the book" feature on Amazon.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived