Fruit

Shazdaz26

Welcome!

Here is a great place to start for information. Within this link is also a link to the meal template with servings sizes, etc.

http://whole9life.co...hole30-program/

Many have found that including fruit keeps their sugar dragons awake. If fighting sugar is one of the things you are seeking to accomplish with your whole30, I would definitely focus on eating more veggies than fruits.

Thanks guys :) I have always been a big fruit eater, I love it & would usually eat it daily but will cut back if it means doing this right :wub: . I want to give it 110%. I don't usually eat it in replacement of a dessert but would snack on it during the day! Does anyone have a recommendation for snacks? Raw veg maybe?

Usually, your hormones are happier if you don't snack. But, if you are hungry between meals, you should eat a mini-meal consisting of protein, fat, and veg. It's best not to have fruit as the only thing you snack on. You can have 1-2 servings of fruit/day, less if you have a real sweet tooth and are trying to combat that, and as Michaela said, try it with your meal rather than after or between meals. Melissa and Dallas always say, "Don't let fruit push veggies off your plate." Veggies are just a lot more nutrient-dense. Hope that helps!

If you must snack, I've found I do well with raw veggies (carrots, cucumbers, sugar snap peas) with a dip made from homemade paleo mayo and an herb mixture to approximate ranch dip. That way the sugar in the peas and carrots has some fat to go along with it and keep it from spiking my blood sugar. Sometimes due to work I have to mostly skip a meal, and eating 1 carrot, 3-4" of cucumber in rounds, and 20 or so sugar snap peas with the dip is plenty to keep me full enough to function.

Love love your handsome doggie fellow in your avatar. Or doggie girlie :) Looks JUST like the GS we used to have named Chief. Just just like him. *cry*.

And yes, learning to not snack has been KEY for me. It's amazing how much my body has adjusted this last month to eating three meals only. My hormones are working better than they ever have in that regard.

Love love your handsome doggie fellow in your avatar. Or doggie girlie :) Looks JUST like the GS we used to have named Chief. Just just like him. *cry*.

And yes, learning to not snack has been KEY for me. It's amazing how much my body has adjusted this last month to eating three meals only. My hormones are working better than they ever have in that regard.

I was just going to comment about your German Shepherd as well. I had Bailey for 12 years and she was as beautiful as yours! Just had to comment as German Shepherds have a special place in my heart.

Archived