Please Critique My Meals/Portions

stephanie_0

Hey everyone!

I'm on day 15 and the whole30 has changed my life in more reasons than I can express. I will definitely do a before and after when I'm done!! My question is how much do you eat? Im 5'4 140lbs and crossfit or gym about 4-5 times a week. my job is very sedentary (mattress sales,,,its dead right now so i spend a lot of time testing tempur pedics ;) )

I'm on instagram and always post my pics (delicious_nutritious) but when i see other peoples meals (especially women who eat one egg and some spinach for breakfast) i feel like im eating enough for 5 people haha....and i COULD eat more! is this okay or should i try to shrink my stomach? LOL...

Here is a sample of my meals:

10am; 2 eggs, 1 pickle, 2 sugar free bacon, 1 red pepper, 1/2 avocado, a few olives

whole303_zpsda8d3bea.png

3pm: hamburger salad: lean ground beef, lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado, onion and mustard

whole302_zps49f68f68.png

7:30pm: stuffed acorn squash: 1/2 acorn squash, lean ground turkey, 1 apple, zucchini and a few raisins

whole301_zpsd5be3dd2.png

if i workout and dont have a meal before ill have an egg pre workout and 2 egg whites and a sweet potato post workout

i come from a history of serial dieting and counting calories so when i see itty bitty portions i tend to freak out when i see my hearty dishes haha.

Thanks for chiming in Martha!! That's good to hear. I feel better now haha. Like I see girls post their meals and I'm not even kidding its like:

M1: 1 egg, 1 apple

M2: chicken, 1/5 avocado and 1 cup broccoli.

M3: 1 zucchini, 1 carrot and like 5 shrimp.

I wouldn't feed an infant that little! Haha I thought I was eating enough for 2! Good to know I'm just normal:)

I love the idea of stuffing mince into the squash like that - I do it with capsicums all the time, but never thought to do it with pumpkin.

During the whole 30 was my first time trying the acorn squash.. I've had others but not acorn!! I must say... My new FAVOURITE! So good to stuff! I'm going to stuff it with bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning mmmm! That's another thing I love about the whole30.. I'm trying so many new veggies and CRAVING veggies! I never thought I'd see the day!

Your food looks awesome! I'm 5'3 and somewhere around 105 lbs. I eat at least as much as you. It was surprising at first. I have to get produce two to three times a week. My kids are benefitting too. The other night two I them were arguing about eating the last of the brussel sprouts. Never thought I'd see that day!

Archived