Getting my life back

Thanks Sara. I still get annoyed when I eat too much because it messes up my sleep and exercise, but then again not as bad as having sugar and gluten etc.

I don't think I posted that I did a 5 km run with my daughter on Saturday? It was really good to take her and she was brave enough to run her own race which is good as she was 4 minutes faster than me. It was cool but still okay to run in a singlet, not like your neck of the woods atm.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear you on the over-eating.

Nice on the run.  Even better to get to do it with your daughter.  I wish I could get my son to run with me, but so far that's a big no!  Even though he runs everywhere, he refuses to run when actually asked to run.   :rolleyes:

There were guys in shorts, even though it was in the low 20s.  I was fully geared up!

I hear you on the over-eating.

Nice on the run.  Even better to get to do it with your daughter.  I wish I could get my son to run with me, but so far that's a big no!  Even though he runs everywhere, he refuses to run when actually asked to run.   :rolleyes:

There were guys in shorts, even though it was in the low 20s.  I was fully geared up!

My son runs cross country and track, but he's way too fast for me. LOL

Just had a two day break with wine, chocolate, chips and sweets..... A bit disappointing after a perfect run of 15 days but I learnt two things! It was sparked by a family situation on Sunday which led to me overeating nuts and fruit... Which triggered my sugar/overeating dragon... And this was made worse by mid cycle cravings not good amidst all the junk at work and home. I'm back on the compliant wagon today finally but will take a few days to recover... Glad I kept mainly off dairy and gluten as then i would be looking at weeks rather than days.

My plan is to have chocolate and champagne (gifts) on New Years Eve but otherwise stay compliant.... I can do this!

Well, things didn't quite go to plan but I have started again today (January 2nd) and will keep it up till my holiday early April, about 90 days I think.

Last few weeks have messed up my skin but not too bad otherwise. I can really see the enduring improvement this way of eating has had on my sleep, and my immune system continues to fight off the colds and viruses other people succumb to. I just wish this way of eating made it easier to lose weight rather than gain weight but am still hopeful I am repairing my metabolism from persistent undereating....

Back on line and going okay. Back to work tomorrow, going to back off the coffee during the weekdays. Got back into the exercise again today with a barefoot beach run.

Hope everyone else is going well.

Jen and Sara, Hope you had a good Christmas and hope its not too cold where you are....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a stint with the candy jar at work, triggered by too much coffee and wine at a conference methinks. Then of course caught my first cold in 16 months!

But back to looking after myself better yesterday with compliant eating and a walk. Not going to be 100% compliant (potatoes, bacon, beetroot, perhaps a bit of juice and wine) but definitely no processed food, grains, legumes, dairy or sweets this month!

Archived