Wheatbelly

I started doing wheatbelly in November and was really strict with my carb count keeping it under 50g. I know I am eating way more than that in vegetables and I am wondering if I should be monitoring? I do feel amazing but I have not lost any weight which I was hoping for a 5-7 pound drop. I love the freedom to eat ALL of my vegetables without keeping count. Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

If freedom is what you're after, then I highly recommend doing the Whole30 all in--which means throwing out the scale for its duration.

It seems we must also throw out all the things we've learned and used on other diet programs if we're to trust the Whole30 and surrender to its magic.

• Moderators

Scales, calorie, and carb counting is off limits during a Whole30. Measuring food, fat, or body weight like traditional weight loss programs keeps your relationship with food unbalanced and is ultimately unhealthy. If you need to lose weight, follow the meal template, sleep, and exercise appropriately, you will lose weight.

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

I ditched the scale and have never felt better!!!!! I never want to be obsessive like I once was however it would be nice to see the end result on the scale at the end of 30 days. Some days I feel leaner, other days I feel bloated so I am not having my clothes fitting better. I work out 4 days total body and try to do one cardio day. I continue on my journey and enjoy all the freedom it is given me! Thanks for the advice

Scales, calorie, and carb counting is off limits during a Whole30. Measuring food, fat, or body weight like traditional weight loss programs keeps your relationship with food unbalanced and is ultimately unhealthy. If you need to lose weight, follow the meal template, sleep, and exercise appropriately, you will lose weight.

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Tom do you think my body is adjusting to the shift with more carbs? Just trying to figure things! Thanks for the advice in advance!

I am on day 20 but I was considering restarting because my balsamic had caramel flavoring in it. I posted something on Facebook and Melissa said no need for a restart because it was unintentional. My competitive side says if you are doing in 100% restart but my weak side is saying just keep going. Not sure which one i should listen to lol!

If you're having trouble losing weight, I think the only vegetables you *might* want to consider limiting are starchy ones like sweet potatoes. For example you probably wouldn't want to eat a whole one with every meal. If you're talking about greens, salads, zucchini...that type of thing...it seems like you shouldn't need to limit or count those at all. I found I was able to lose a little weight when I cut out nuts and made my protein portions a little smaller (I was originally at the high end of what's recommended in the template).

I started at 141 and I am still at 141! I know I am not supposed to weigh myself but I did because I can't figure out why I feel so heavy!!! I was down to 132 and that has been my goal weight. I am very muscly but I have a hard time accepting working so hard and not dropping. I also have a belly now which I didn't have as bad before. All very discouraging!!! I am doing the same workout which is bar method 4 days, spin 1 and just started day walking and running again after I do my total body bar method work out.

I started at 141 and I am still at 141! I know I am not supposed to weigh myself but I did because I can't figure out why I feel so heavy!!! I was down to 132 and that has been my goal weight. I am very muscly but I have a hard time accepting working so hard and not dropping. I also have a belly now which I didn't have as bad before. All very discouraging!!! I am doing the same workout which is bar method 4 days, spin 1 and just started day walking and running again after I do my total body bar method work out.

You aren't supposed to weigh yourself because this is about healing your body and your relationship to food. Not weighing yourself is one of the basic guidelines because it prevents you from enjoying the full experience of the W30 and might sidetrack your results. If you are constantly worrying about your weight, you aren't doing the work you ostensibly came here to do.

You are probably working out too much. But you might want to read ISWF or at least some of the blog posts. It really explains the basis of this program and the rationale behind it. Working out twice a day is counter productive and most probably doing you more harm than good--and actually preventing you from reaching your fitness goals.

This program isn't magic but it does work (of in somewhat unexpected ways) if you follow the guidelines.

Also, read this

http://everydaypaleo...addicts-part-1/

And this

http://everydaypaleo...addicts-part-2/

Archived