Jen's Post W30 Log

pjena

I think I need a little help getting back on track.  AF and a complete lack of progress is making me frustrated and resulting of "forget it. I don't care" moments, which result in more snacking and little offroads than I'd like.  I need to get back into my groove.  So, I'm going to do a little W10 and post my food here.  Just for some accountability.  My mom is coming to visit on the 24th and we're going out to dinner, which is why the W10.  Hopefully, that will be enough to get back into the flow of things.

Day 1

B - eggs, kale chard, sw pot, CB, coffee, CM

L - salad/veg, tuna, avocado, apple

D - salad/veg, chicken sausage, mayo, kombucha

S - chicken sausage

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that a W10 will definitely get you back on track.  I had to buckle down and stop letting my hand go automatically to my mouth after Christmas.  WIP!

I was at the grocery store last night and I was thinking about you as I pondered getting kale.  I didn't get it, but only because I was worried it wouldn't be good by the time I would get around to eating it this weekend.  Funny how you ladies will sometimes pop into my thoughts as I'm out and about.

Jen, I know that feeling.  I was feeling like that yesterday when my slice of pizza on Saturday night added two pounds that are still clinging to me.  I was thinking of doing a Whole-something too.  I need to finish the current bottle of wine though!

Hanging in there.  I was hungry after yoga (even though it was a boring class) and forced myself to have a leftover chicken sausage instead of a banana or yogurt. 

I think it's funny that after all this time (going on 2 yrs this spring!!!!), kale and eggs is still my favorite meal.  I never get sick of it.  I make myself mix it up with other greens (which I usually just call kale) but kale is still my fav. 

Day 2

B - eggs, kale actually chard, sw pot, CB, coffee, CM

D - salad/veg, chicken, mayo, kombucha

S - eggs, tea

I needed a snack again after yoga (much better class than the day before).  I try not to eat too big of a dinner before yoga or I feel icky, so it makes sense that I'd be a bit hungry after.  And, sadly, I can't go to bed even a little hungry or I won't sleep.  I resisted the banana urge and cooked 2 eggs in a mug in the microwave.  That was quick and easy enough.  HB eggs would have been easier.  Maybe I'll make some this weekend.  No yoga tonight, so hopefully no snack.  I went to the store so I will have sweet potatoes for tomorrow.  I was sad that my last sweet potato went bad.  I thought I'd rationed it out perfectly.  I had a banana instead.  I'm ok with that.

Day 3

B - eggs, kale, banana (out of sw pot - last one went bad :( ), AB, coffee, CM

D - salad/veg, chicken, mayo, kombucha

Hanging in there.  The jeans I wanted to wear today are too tight.  I keep trying to remind myself that I'm just doing what I always do and the rest will come.  My mind wants to rebel, though.  So far, I'm keeping it reigned in.  No snack last night, so good for that.  No plans for the weekend that involve food/drink, so it should be easy to just eat normally.

Day 4

B - eggs, kale, sw pot, CB, coffee, CM

D - salad/veg, fish, sw pot, mayo, kombucha

• Moderators

That's right. Stay the course. You're deep in the time of flux. Stay the course.

When I buy sweet potatoes from a local farmer they go bad within days, probably because there's less/no chemicals and preservatives. But if I cook them immediately, they last about a week. Was yours raw or cooked when it went bad? Such a bummer!

Happy Monday. 

Well, it's 2 weeks into the new year and AF has gone and 4 of the 5 lbs are still here.  I really did completely destroy a year worth of good choices in 3 days of poor ones that I didn't even think were that bad.  That's very disappointing.  And confusing.  I didn't suffer these consequences after completely derailing in Vegas or on Easter or after Spring Break vacation or my travels for work in October.  I didn't feel like the holidays were worse than any of those, but I have to accept that they were.  Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do but move forward and hope that making good choices gets me back to normal more quickly this year.  Sigh. 

Still on my mini W10.  Too many banana/AB type snacks, which I didn't want to do, but did anyway.  I definitely didn't overeat this weekend.  I just didn't always make the best choice.  But, nothing that should derail me.  Just moving on and trying not to stress about it.

Day 5 (Sat)

L - carrots, chicken sausage

D - eggs, kale, sw pot, CB, kombucha

Day 6 (Sun)

B - banana, AB, coffee, CM (just wanted a little something before yoga)

L - eggs, kale, sw pot, CB

D - salad/veg, chicken, olives, kombucha

S - apple / AB

Day 7 (Mon)

D - salad/veg, chicken, beets, avocado, kombucha

dumb rebellious snack - AB on a spoon

• Moderators

You'll get there. Think of it as inflammation that you're gradually reducing through good choices.

Here's a random thought: is kombucha working for you or against you? You know I love the stuff and do a continuous brew in the summer. But I have a niggling suspicion that it hinders fat loss for me. I put my SCOBY to rest over the winter and don't imbibe and tend to do much better with fat loss during these periods. Anyway, might be worth the experiment. Give it up for the next five days and see if you can tell a difference. Doesn't mean you have to quit it for good, but maybe think of it as a once in a while treat if you find cutting it out is helpful.

It's something to think on, M.  It might be worth a try.  I didn't have much during the remodel and seemed to be humming along better than now.  Not losing, but certainly not gaining. 

My tummy is off today.  Not sure why.  Well, maybe the couple of spoons of AB I ate after dinner?  I was rebelling.  Dumb to rebel against myself.  Anyway, moving on.  Still compliant, just not a great choice.  Could be the beets, too.  I was tired and cranky last night.  The kids and husband were home all day and I had to work.  They house was a disaster (to me, probably not to most people).  10yo left a paint brush with red paint on it in my brand new WHITE kitchen sink.  Thank goodness for magic erasers.  He also left his wet towel on his carpet and his dirty clothes on the bathroom floor.  I kept my cool but made him clean it all up right away so was branded "so strict!"  Sigh.  Luckily, I have an awesome husband who did all of the big kid running around so I could stay home.  He got him to scouts and then soccer and then home.  I chilled at home with 10yo, took a bath, read, and got us both to bed early.  I feel less tired and cranky today but tummy is off and I have a slight headache.  I hope I'm not coming down with something.  Today is warmish so I'm going to force myself to go out for a walk at lunch.  I have been horrible lately and haven't been out in months.  I'm such a baby with the cold and work is busy so I use that as an excuse.  No excuses today.  I could use the Vit D, I'm sure.

Day 8

D - salad/veg, chicken, beets, avocado, kombucha

Jen, I'm in a similar spot.  I just can't believe I derailed with ONE meal last weekend.  I'm up about three pounds from post-Christmas and four pounds from pre-Christmas.  I'm starting my mini Whole 10 today so fingers crossed.

I got out for my walk.  It was lovely.  It wasn't sunny, sadly, but it still felt good to get outside.  I have lunch plans today with my brothers but am going to make an effort to get out more often. 

I woke up at 130 last night and was up until 330.  Sad.  I had a banana / AB snack while I was up because I was hungry.  I was too tired to deal with making something else.  I'm ok with that. 

Day 9

L - shrimp thai soup

D - salad/veg, pork, pasta sauce w/ no pasta, olives, kombucha

Well, so much for that.  No W10 and no NS Jan (made it 20 days, though!).  I got into trail mix last night.  Sigh.  I had it in the pantry from Christmas and took it out to hopefully get rid of it by serving it to some people my husband was having over for a meeting.  They didn't eat it all.  Then, I got an email from work which provoked a very strong stress response (which I came in to deal with at 6am today and frankly, it wasn't worth the hassle that they made it out to be!) and I ended up diving in.  Husband helped. LOL  So, it's gone.  I need to figure out how to get back into my groove!  Seriously!  I'm rebeling against myself, which is so dumb.  I did some reading through my log yesterday and I kind of struggled through Jan, Feb, Mar and Apr and finally hit my groove in May when I started the first long NS challenge.  I stayed in that groove pretty well until Christmas.  My wish is to get there earlier this year.  February would be awesome.  So, I need to think on it.  I think NS works for me, but having a long period of time with exceptions works better than a shorter time with no exceptions.  Because then, the thought process isn't all or nothing do I want this right now.  It's is this worth taking one of my exceptions because the next opportunity might be better.  It's all mental.  And frustrating. 

So, starting today, NS for 100 days will get me to our annual neighbor party, which was the start of getting into my happy place last year.  I'm going to follow the same rules I did last summer.  A handful (5) exceptions in that 100 days.  But, I'm going to NOT let Easter be one of those.  I'm going to skip the sugar all together this year because I can't be trusted to stop once I start and there will be too much sugar around.  Exceptions have to be worth it and contained to one serving.  This worked for two good long stretches last year so here's hoping it works now.  I just want to get back to that calm happy place where I eat what I eat and move on and don't argue with myself over it.  Also decided Lent this year will be to give up nutbutters!

I've had to give up trail mix as well.  I tend to be the one to eat it, and it doesn't seem to agree with me and I overdo it.

I think your plan sounds smart.  It is a process that has worked for you in the past.  You'll do great.

I'm having some mental struggles of my own.  I start the day telling myself I'm going to do this or that around wine and then I don't stick to it.  Telling myself that I can't have wine during the week has totally backfired for me.  Allowing 1 glass in the evening has worked, but then my glass keeps getting larger (even though I'm measuring) and ends up being two.  Mentally I need to figure this out, because I'm sure it is part (major, probably) of the reason I'm stuck with tight fat pants.  But my mind keeps saying, not fair, I want my wine.  Ugh.

Archived