Dirty 30 "Best Group on W30"

dcducks1

Hello, dear MeadowLily.

I've been out there riding my own bike and eating healthy food. This last week or so, I made the conscious choice to eat some treats, and to reintro wheat. Not thrilled with the results (headaches, joint pain, and bloating), so I'm backing off wheat again, and sugar, of course.

I think I'll do another W15 or W30 in January, in order to reset everything, and then reintro non-wheat grains like rice and oatmeal. Dairy holds no appeal, so I haven't bothered to reintro it (other than using regular butter instead of clarified butter).

Hope all is well with you and yours....I see you've been posting your usual fabulous photos; I've enjoyed them. Thanks for keeping the fire burning here.

Ann

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, dear MeadowLily.

I've been out there riding my own bike and eating healthy food. This last week or so, I made the conscious choice to eat some treats, and to reintro wheat. Not thrilled with the results (headaches, joint pain, and bloating), so I'm backing off wheat again, and sugar, of course.

I think I'll do another W15 or W30 in January, in order to reset everything, and then reintro non-wheat grains like rice and oatmeal. Dairy holds no appeal, so I haven't bothered to reintro it (other than using regular butter instead of clarified butter).

Hope all is well with you and yours....I see you've been posting your usual fabulous photos; I've enjoyed them. Thanks for keeping the fire burning here.

Ann

Good for you Ann, I have been walking and not by any chance intro wheat, my body HATES it, so I stay away from that. I have been baking this season with honey and coconut sugar, but planning to go on whole30/bulletproof mode comes Jan 3rd. Health issues under control and improving more every day!

I wish you, Meadow Lily and the rest of the group, wherever you are now, a Happy, Wealthy, Healthy New Year.

feel free to email me to stay in touch to [email protected]

or via Facebook!

Love and Peace!

Tomorrow is 2015.   What will 2015 bring us?     What will we make of it...    Let's make it a party - yeah?

I'm just trying to make good decisions and keep my health in focus.    It's a win for all of us, so congratulations for the past year.

fire-on-new-years-eve-20103.jpg

Don't let the fire go out.

MeadowLily, NannyD, LadyShanny, and all you lurkers out there: Happy 2015!

I started a W30 on January 1. Didn't think I would experience many of the mood symptoms, but here it is day 4 and yesterday I was tired and irritable. This time around, I find that all super interesting rather than depressing... even the relatively small amount of detoxing I need to do is having its way with me, my brain, and my body. All of that confirms I'm doing the right thing.

Back to work on Monday, January 5, after two entire weeks off. I'm almost ready, I guess. :-)

Thinking about the discussions last year about choosing a word for the year, I'm sticking with "nourish." It still describes what I need and what I want to do: nourish my body and mind and sprit, and bring those same forms of nourishment to others when and how I am able.

Happy New Year to you all.

Ann

1476070_925680860790028_3073236345867990

Thank you so much, same to you and to all our friends from here, wherever you are right now.  Day one and doing great. Since I have not gone too out of the reservation, except a few pieces of gluten free cake and some glasses of wine here and there, I am not expecting to feel a bad withdrawn effects.  Sugar dragon needs to be killed now and forever, I have the control. I said.

I wish you the best for 2015, health, prosperity and total welness,

MeadowLily, NannyD, LadyShanny, and all you lurkers out there: Happy 2015!

I started a W30 on January 1. Didn't think I would experience many of the mood symptoms, but here it is day 4 and yesterday I was tired and irritable. This time around, I find that all super interesting rather than depressing... even the relatively small amount of detoxing I need to do is having its way with me, my brain, and my body. All of that confirms I'm doing the right thing.

Back to work on Monday, January 5, after two entire weeks off. I'm almost ready, I guess. :-)

Thinking about the discussions last year about choosing a word for the year, I'm sticking with "nourish." It still describes what I need and what I want to do: nourish my body and mind and sprit, and bring those same forms of nourishment to others when and how I am able.

Happy New Year to you all.

Ann

Happy New Year Ann!!! My words of the year are Health and Success, I am nailing down my health for good this year, and I will be very successful at that, and my other projects that I continue to do this new year. Best wishes for your and be good nourished.  That is a powerful word!

This thread looks vaguely familiar! Hello to those of you who do not know my name or fear me YET! I started this wonderful thread and have returned here to let everyone know that we are getting the band back together next Monday (12 January) to start a new adventure. The thread title is appropriately: "The Return of the Dirty 30". Jump in unless you are chicken....yes name calling is used and encouraged! Fire up the hibachi and start smoking pine cones because we are going to make homemade mayo and get our W30 on!

Dave

This is my salute to all of you and my last post to this thread. Please feel free to join us on the next exciting adventure. I appreciate everything that everyone has added to this thread to make it one of the most popular threads of ALL TIME!

Dave

post-43304-0-95307100-1420556604_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

Hello lovelies,

I'm just making myself comfortable in the confession box before I begin yet another long-winded yackfest.

I had quite a tussle with my inner feminist yesterday about posting a before and after photo. Despite never being particularly overweight, I have spent the last four years or so hampering my own happiness with self-loathing because I couldn't make my body look the way it did before my little boys were born. Everyone in my family has thyroid issues, our metabolisms are screwy, each and every one of us. For years I was in the *lucky* overactive camp and could pretty much do as I pleased with food, that is until I turned 30, when that all suddenly reversed. I've been a consistently healthy eater over the years, but boy can I binge when things get dull, or I have a low-level anxiety to avoid dealing with, or I'm sulking because I don't feel sufficiently appreciated for all of the (frankly unnecessary) things I do for my people. I was pretty much resigned to feeling this way until I stumbled on the w30, and then it seemed as though a light was switched on and I could finally see the underlying causes of my situation. Not my thyroid, not my frustrations, just my head doing crazy round-robin thinking that usually drove me into the arms of ice cream. The chilly, slippery arms of a love that should not be.

I'm fairly self-aware, and I knew that I was making myself miserable, which was perpetuating the very circumstance that I thought caused my initial misery...but I couldn't stop. I was imprisoned by my belief that looks are paramount, a belief I intellectually reject with all my heart but one that remains regardless of all the logic bombs I can drop on it. 

I want to think of my body as a useful friend that helps me get things done, not an enemy I have to punish or berate for its failings. I mean, how dare I hate my body? It is healthy, it gave me my children, it gets me around and is the intermediary between the pleasures of this world and my brain. Without it I would have none of the things I treasure. And look at all the wonderful people out there who want nothing more than a body that works without pain and suffering? Good grief, what a butt munch my brain can be. 

So I was on the horns of a dilemma with posting photos because the last thing I want to do is perpetuate the myths that led me to feel the way I did about myself until quite recently. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to share sensations online. If I could do so, I would rather communicate the relief I feel from my own body fascism and judgement, the satisfaction of accepting the way things are without feeling like I am a bad feminist for changing the status quo and getting fitter. 

I need to get a tshirt that says "BAD Feminist". I would wear that sh*t to death.

Sorry for the long and boring post today, I had to get that off my chest. I send you love, like Mr.Burns after his radiation therapy.

Rose

I want a shirt like that too! sounds like a money maker for you...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived