Sugar Free Gum?

Juice06870

I have read the book (actually reading it a 2nd time now) and have been getting ready to start the whole30 this coming Monday.

I always chew gum when I work out, and in the afternoons at work to avoid wanting to snack if I don't need to.

Will sugar free gum be banned during the Whole30 month?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

You might find that after you've completed Round 1 you won't miss it.  

I have to say, that I was a gum addict.  I started my first whole30 last September and haven't had gum since then.  I was so surprised that I've not gone back to it.  My breath never stinks unless I am off plan and eat dairy. Even all the garlic and onion I inhale at an alarming rate doesn't leave me with that super yucky mouth.  I think because when you eat clean, you have clean breath.  

The big plus with giving up gum forever is all the money I've saved!  I would chew at least 2 packs a week and when I ran to the store to buy more, I never left with just gum.  I wish now I'd tossed that money in a jar these past nine months.  I'd have a nice little wad of cash by now.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say, that I was a gum addict.  I started my first whole30 last September and haven't had gum since then.  I was so surprised that I've not gone back to it.  My breath never stinks unless I am off plan and eat dairy. Even all the garlic and onion I inhale at an alarming rate doesn't leave me with that super yucky mouth.  I think because when you eat clean, you have clean breath.  

The big plus with giving up gum forever is all the money I've saved!  I would chew at least 2 packs a week and when I ran to the store to buy more, I never left with just gum.  I wish now I'd tossed that money in a jar these past nine months.  I'd have a nice little wad of cash by now.

Thank you for this post! I was just wondering about this and glad I found this!

Ditto!

I used to buy packs of Orbit in bulk, because it was so much cheaper than buying per pack. I still have a couple in my desk for garlic emergencies, but definitely cured.

I finished my 1st Whole30 about 5 weeks ago, and I have not had a single desire for any gum since I started the Whole30 back in May.  (among other things like Soda).  It's amazing how some cravings can completely disappear after a few weeks of clean, disciplined eating.  

I pull oil* in the mornings and that seems to clear out a lot of the flora/fauna that contribute to bad breath.  That or the elimination of a lot of foods that might have caused it to begin with.

*pulling oil: swishing your mouth with oil for 10-20 minutes in the morning.  I use coconut oil to do it.  If you're more interested in reasons to do so, google. 

Archived